Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 5 - Guardians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd be on for some Warzone tonight for sure, think I already have you on friends list logik. The more we get in a team the better.

Did anyone see anything related to the cln in game? All I saw was the company name beneath my ID but nothing else. Was hoping there'd be proper in game clans but it looks like they've gone the same route as destiny where all it amounts to is some writing beneath your gamertag.

yeah, theres very little there, it was somewhere on the player customization panel but not very prominent at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just picked this up, was looking at it yesterday in the XBOX store for 69.99 and decided I'd wait for a sale. Spotted it for 55 today in Smyths, yoink!

GT: The Batman IRL

I will be on later, after my install and 9gb patch, looking forward to Warzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I'd be on for some Warzone tonight for sure, think I already have you on friends list logik. The more we get in a team the better.

Did anyone see anything related to the cln in game? All I saw was the company name beneath my ID but nothing else. Was hoping there'd be proper in game clans but it looks like they've gone the same route as destiny where all it amounts to is some writing beneath your gamertag.

Yeah, it just says A Company of Boardies under my name. I think we should be able to at least get 6-7 people into a party tonight for some warzone. Will give you a shout if you are online later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

I will jump on tonight too, should be on about 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I'll be on late tonight myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,805 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll jump on for an hour or so later and have a bash as well.

***PLEASE NOTE IVE NEVER PLAYED HALO PVP BEFORE***

emmetkenny wrote: »

attachment.php?attachmentid=227973&d=1442708266

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'll be on later too for some games, rusty I imagine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

I'll jump in with you lads later, if that's ok

GT - Red Eyed Ripp3r (i've been meaning to change that)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Warzone is a mix of PvP and PvE so it's a bit different and a first for Halo. 12 v 12 with covenant and prometheans spawning in too, seemed like good fun when I went in on my own, should be a blast with 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,805 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Warzone is a mix of PvP and PvE so it's a bit different and a first for Halo. 12 v 12 with covenant and prometheans spawning in too, seemed like good fun when I went in on my own, should be a blast with 12.

What time yous be on at ? Gaming time will be limited tonight.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What time yous be on at ? Gaming time will be limited tonight.

I'll be on around 6 I think, as long as my console doesn't need an update or anything that is.

My GT is <snip> anyone who doesn't already have me btw.

I'll be on around 6 I think, as long as my console doesn't need an update or anything that is.

Between 7 and 8 hopefully, as I don't know how long the game will take to install and then update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'll be on at about 8pm also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It seems grand to me so far but it seems to have moved even further away from what Halo used to be than Halo 4 did. Which is fine, really, if that's what people want but for me, Halo stopped being great with Reach. Quite disappointed with Halo 5 so far (wasn't a big fan of 4 either), bought digital as well so stuck with it now regardless. Story is just OK, multiplayer is better but I feel still not a patch on Reach.

Can't get a game at the moment. It's not connecting and it's not getting my rank and other data from the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

It seems grand to me so far but it seems to have moved even further away from what Halo used to be than Halo 4 did. Which is fine, really, if that's what people want but for me, Halo stopped being great with Reach. Quite disappointed with Halo 5 so far (wasn't a big fan of 4 either), bought digital as well so stuck with it now regardless. Story is just OK, multiplayer is better but I feel still not a patch on Reach.

I never think I want it to change but I loved halo 4 eventually and with mcc we can always play it how it used to be. No point in it going stale imo

Mutliplayer wise I thought it's gone back to its roots myself, no loadouts, no starting with armour abilities, timed power weapon spawns & 4v4. Sprint is still there alright and the new movement abilities take a bit of getting used to, I keep forgetting to use them.
    Can't get a game at the moment. It's not connecting and it's not getting my rank and other data from the server.

Yeah servers are down for me.

Couldn't get into lobbies at all lastnight or this morning, pain.

Played 2 levels of campaign and I enjoyed it, but it didn't really feel like Halo or something (and I'm not even really sure myself what I mean by that :pac:)

Feels a little easier so far on legendary though - knights are a piece of piss compared to H4.

Whoever signed off on the B button being some sort of crappy boost, should be shot!

It makes no sense, and gets me killed when I press B to crouch. :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Whoever signed off on the B button being some sort of crappy boost, should be shot!

It makes no sense, and gets me killed when I press B to crouch. :pac:

exactly my thoughts! I didnt spend too long messing around configuring controls, but I couldnt seem to find an option to map the crouch button to B without messing up something more important elsewhere.

Left trigger to zoom as default.. get outta here!

I use Fishstick, it's pretty much the standard CoD set up. B to crouch, left trigger to zoom. left bumper to thruster pack.

Servers were down for a while last night for me so I switched back to Destiny for a while, seemed to be working ok again by the time I hit the hay though.

maximoose wrote: »
    Left trigger to zoom as default.. get outta here!

I kept zooming instead of throwing grenades and jumping out infront of enemies instead of crouching.

It was quite frustrating.

It will take getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone watching a good Lets Play of the campaign that they'd recommend? Doesnt look like I'm getting to an Xbone any time soon...

logik wrote: »
    Anyone that has not already added me as friend, can you add myself and the brothers?

Gamertags

Maoileoin
    Bo0mton
    Nxtgen Soco

Will be on myself later for a few games, would be great to get a warzone going, I got ripped apart last night, bloody Magnum is insane for headshots at 100+ yards.
    Thanks for the games. Twas great craic.

A few highlights from last nights 4 v 4 arena matches.

^ Deffo playing Warzone with you.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    ^ Deffo playing Warzone with you.

Ha, I've only played 1 Warzone match so far and I ran around like a headless chicken. It will take me time to adjust to it. I am really liking the arena mode.

I look forward to going into Warzone with a large team.

On a side note, what I really want to say is this :p

Bill+Paxton+True+Lies.gif
    I can't take the credit, you see its the training... It shapes into a lethal killing instrument... you react in micro-seconds

Hopefully there'll be no server issues this evening, when I couldn't get into games I ended up going back to destiny lastnight.

• Advertisement

I think even 2 - 3 people working together in Warzone will win the round.

You can have to go for the Bosses or troops and ignore the other players unless you get into a fight.

I played last night and most of my team were defending areas of the map instead of going for Bosses. The other team were going for the bosses and the odd few keeping the team I was on busy by attacking bases.

Advertisement