Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You get double your salary, but have to do your job naked

Options
  • 25-10-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

If you were made this offer in your current job would you take it up?

Your colleagues would be made the same offer, so you wouldn't necessarily be the only naked one.

It would be really tempting for me, as I could well do with the extra cash at the moment but as I work in a big open plan office it would just be too embarrassing and uncomfortable.

I reckon if you made people this offer around Europe you'd get a good percentage of takers as they seem more relaxed about nudity than us Irish.

Thread inspired by some program I saw on Channel 4 before about office workers going to work naked as an experiment, not sure they got extra money though :pac:

Would you do your job completely naked for double your salary? 113 votes

Yes, would be grand!
    0% 0 votes
    No way!
    100% 113 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I probily drop a spanner on me balls...so no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

My office is nice and warm so I'd definitely do it.

I'm also getting to that stage in my life where I am happy to wander around naked in the gym changing room and talk to people so can't see there being an issue transferring that over to the office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

hairyslug wrote: »
    I'm also getting to that stage in my life where I am happy to wander around naked in the gym changing room and talk to people so can't see there being an issue transferring that over to the office

What the hell happens to older men in relation to changing rooms, people under the age of 50/60 seem to be able to go from

Work out gear > Shower > Towel Down > Dressed fairly easily.

Over that age it seems to be

Work out gear > Shower > Stand around naked for a while > Towel Head (naked) > Put leg up on bench, Towel groin and legs for 10 minutes > Talk to friend (while naked) > Get Dressed.

Not wanting to look at old mens junk doesn't make you a conservative prude, changing rooms are for changing not a nudist convention :mad:
    End Rant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

What if i get a stiffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

What if i get a stiffy.

You get a raise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

What if i get a stiffy.

Tell a female colleague you have blueballs and need a hand to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

In an office it could be ok but say you were a guard or a teacher or a priest?

Sure.

I'll crotch thrust, lunge, and jump squat everywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Tell a female colleague you have blueballs and need a hand to sort it out.

maybe I should just cover it up with a staple.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Ah yeah sure why not. I think too many people are preoccupied with their body. Just get it out and get on with it already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

No way. I work with the public.

Considering I am happy to strip in the gym changing room, but by god, thank F women are not like men and they don't hang.... around chatting naked.... Get dressed as quick as possible, after legging it to the shower....

No amount of money would do it for me, no matter how desperate, its just not worth it

What are the rules on playing leap frog?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Ah yeah sure why not. I think too many people are preoccupied with their body. Just get it out and get on with it already.

Most definitely not self absorbed nor preoccupied with my body.

There are just some things not worth sharing with other people, this is one...

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

What are the rules on playing leap frog?

whatever you do on lunch hour is your own business

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have no problem with being nude, but double my salary is nowhere near enough for me to have to see my colleagues naked. Though one or two I'd look at for free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Work from home. Put me down for a Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Definitely. Theyre lucky I wear pants as it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Wouldn't bother me a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Let it all hang out for money sure why not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

F*ck no, I teach teenage boys, it's bad enough with all their hormones flying around everywhere without adding naked teachers to the mix!

If I worked in an office I probably would.

• Advertisement

hairyslug wrote: »
    My office is nice and warm so I'd definitely do it.
    My office is sometimes bloody freezing, so there won't be much to see! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    No way. I work with the public.

Considering I am happy to strip in the gym changing room, but by god, thank F women are not like men and they don't hang.... around chatting naked.... Get dressed as quick as possible, after legging it to the shower....

No amount of money would do it for me, no matter how desperate, its just not worth it

Plenty of women in one my gym branches hanging around naked to moisturise everything and do their hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Can I choose the days I am naked? Can I choose to be naked the days I work from home and still get paid double for those days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

What happens on casual Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

boobar wrote: »
    What happens on casual Friday?

Sexy time with a co-worker.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Can I choose the days I am naked? Can I choose to be naked the days I work from home and still get paid double for those days?

Nope it's all or nothing I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Boring answer: take the money- you would be totally normalised to it very quickly. Silly question really.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'd be tempted. But I'd want far more than double salary to deal with the trauma of seeing naked co-workers and bosses. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

No bother, all bodies are beautiful.

However, I fear I may be paid even more from my colleagues to remain fully clothed.

• Advertisement

This reminds me of a story that a junior nurse once posted, She was up in front of the matron for something that she had done wrong!
    One of the other more senior nurses suggested that while getting rollicked that she just imagined the matron naked!
    She had a severe telling off, but had difficulty keeping a straight face!
    She came out and burst out laughing, rather than crying as she would have done if she hadn't followed the advice.

Advertisement