Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Cormac... wrote: »
    Wait.... so if you can't use these Skins etc in free roam.... where do you use them?

That's my thinking, it's a rip off - a couple of AR missions? Can barely see the point.

But, at least you can use it in some of the real game to be fair. I guess you can't interact with winches or use it for takedowns/breaking objects either.... which really makes it pointless.

Probably still buy it though as it and the suit particularly are just plain badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Wait.... so if you can't use these Skins etc in free roam.... where do you use them?

Which skins? You can use all the batman skins in free roam. You can do the story in any batman costume you want.

For the batmobiles, once you have the tanks cleared you can use them. 89 batmobile and presumably it will be the same for the tumbler in a few weeks.

Hopefully we get a few more batmobiles, I'd love the animated series one

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Once there's no more tanks or tank battle missions, I think you can use them in free roam then. Basically to avoid you being attacked by tanks with no proper way to defend, as it can't go into Battle Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well that sounds terrible imho, par for the course with ALL the DLC being offered for this game (be it Pre-order, Retailer or Season Pass based).

Do you have to take the skin off to enter Battle mode and then put it back on after you're done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Quick question. I'm at the part where I have to
    give up the utility belt to save Robin and Gordon
    . If I want the "true" ending, do I have to collect all the trophies and defeat the riddler BEFORE finishing the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Quick question. I'm at the part where I have to
    give up the utility belt to save Robin and Gordon
    . If I want the "true" ending, do I have to collect all the trophies and defeat the riddler BEFORE finishing the game?

No, the game will spit you back out into free roam after the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I finished the
    Main Story and Nightfall Protocol, googled the 100% completion ending.

I thought the last 90 minutes of the main game was really good

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

That's my thinking, it's a rip off - a couple of AR missions? Can barely see the point.

I take this back. It was only €1.99! For some reason I thought it was more. I bought it on saturday and for me it is worth it, the races are fun and the batmobile and suit look fantastic. Playing the main game with the Keaton batsuit was worth the tiny price imo. Haven't tried using the batmobile in free roam yet as I haven't unlocked the 3rd island yet so don't know how useless (or not) it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Quick question on the AR challenges: I'm doing the combo master one and the challenge just stops randomly (or at least, I have no clue why it's stopping) I could be at 4 hits or 22 hits doesn't seem to matter. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Kash wrote: »
    Quick question on the AR challenges: I'm doing the combo master one and the challenge just stops randomly (or at least, I have no clue why it's stopping) I could be at 4 hits or 22 hits doesn't seem to matter. Any ideas?
    On some of them, if you take any kind of hit at all or you lose your rhythm while gaining the string of combo hits, it stops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Must be a losing rhythm thing, but not really sure how to stop doing it. I'm not button bashing or anything, instead timing the button presses to the moment the hit lands. I got to 49 (you need 50) and thought I was in the zone but no; 'simulation ended' said she, and '%#$£% you, you €&%#%% €@%##' said I before rage quitting in disgust :/

Driving me a bit... batty (ba dum tish!)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really enjoyed the main story stuff. However, I just don't have time to unlock the supposed "proper" ending with all the Riddler trophies.

Batmobile stuff got a bit annoying towards the end but absolutely loved the
    Joker FPS segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I was watching James Bond today and it got me thinking if Rocksteady made a 007 game using the same approach as they did with the Arkham games it would really pay off, like the gadgets,stealth, hand to hand combat etc. I think they could make a really good game out of the Bond franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Oddjob as the penguin? Jaws as Bane? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Collect 270 discarded pairs of knickers (aka sex trophies) scattered throughout the city using your gadgets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

So 103 days after this game was released my pre-order finally became playable thanks to a long overdue PC patch. I noted that steam still aren't selling the game so I assume the patch is imperfect and there'll be bugs once I start really playing this. Lesson Learnt, never pre-order unless it's a Valve/Blizzard game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

So 103 days after this game was released my pre-order finally became playable thanks to a long overdue PC patch. I noted that steam still aren't selling the game so I assume the patch is imperfect and there'll be bugs once I start really playing this. Lesson Learnt, never pre-order unless it's a Valve/Blizzard game.

Mad Max has done alot to change my opinion on AAA games being unoptimised at launch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

irishmover wrote: »
    Mad Max has done alot to change my opinion on AAA games being unoptimised at launch.

Only because senior management would probably have been lynched by the Board of Directors to have yet another game so horribly broken at launch and cost them so much money and negative press. :) One game being released IN THE CONDITION IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED IN LETS NOT FORGET does not a change of shtty practices make.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

And as we get closer to xmas that's only going to get worse. Triple A's cant miss xmas... its crazy how much of the industry's cash is made from it. So the game is getting shipped before xmas come hell or high water. Games that are shipping this early are the ones that are done. The ones which are targeted at dates close to xmas already... those are the ones which will be shipped in whatever state they are in. That might be perfect or it *could* be in a woeful mess... it wont matter which because its getting shipped regardless. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Shiminay wrote: »
    Only because senior management would probably have been lynched by the Board of Directors to have yet another game so horribly broken at launch and cost them so much money and negative press. :) One game being released IN THE CONDITION IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED IN LETS NOT FORGET does not a change of shtty practices make.

Obviously. But it's a start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So finally got round to playing this (don't know what it was like before the patch, but it worked perfect for me). Have to say, i really enjoyed it. Story was a bit mad, but came together nicely, even if i did see it coming around half way through (
    the second Batman started seeing Todd getting killed, right then, i knew
    ). Batmobile was fun, if a little awkward to get used to. I didn't get the feeling that the trailers gave that all of Batmans enemies came together. There was what, 8?

Anyway, really enjoyed it. Can't see WB leaving this franchise go, so it will be interesting to see where it goes after this. I take it Rocksteady are not going to do another one, but i also look foward to see what franchise they're going to go for next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

DeVore wrote: »
    And as we get closer to xmas that's only going to get worse. Triple A's cant miss xmas... its crazy how much of the industry's cash is made from it. So the game is getting shipped before xmas come hell or high water. Games that are shipping this early are the ones that are done. The ones which are targeted at dates close to xmas already... those are the ones which will be shipped in whatever state they are in. That might be perfect or it *could* be in a woeful mess... it wont matter which because its getting shipped regardless. :)

Triple A's cant miss Xmas unless its the PC version and sold on stream in which case it gets pushed back to 2016 for "extra polish" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

They really should do something about games not being playable, if you bought a tv and it didn't work you'd get a refund, and the company would fix it rather then waiting around three months before actually doing anything. Also rockstar knew the game was broken on pc before launch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

My content is still encrypted :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jeez I can't believe this is still broken on PC. I'm waiting to buy it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

This whole stunt has made me never want to buy Arkham Knight or any rocksteady game ever again. I'm also even more steadfast in not pre-ordering games now.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I still want to buy it when its fixed but by now I'll wait for it to come down in price after xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

All DLC or whatever on PC should be made free as an apology to those who purchased it.
    They'll still release it at all full price though no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

SeantheMan wrote: »
    All DLC or whatever on PC should be made free as an apology to those who purchased it.
    They'll still release it at all full price though no doubt

The DLC will sell poorly. Any momentum or hype surrounding the game has long since passed. Where as people are waiting with bated breath for DLC for the witcher and Bloodborne, most people have forgotten about poor old batman at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Kirby wrote: »
    The DLC will sell poorly. Any momentum or hype surrounding the game has long since passed. Where as people are waiting with bated breath for DLC for the witcher and Bloodborne, most people have forgotten about poor old batman at this stage.
    Not to mention the fact the DLC has been almost universally poorly received as far as I can remember?

If WB have any cop on they'll give those who have already purchased the game some free content at least. As for the price when it goes back on sale, I can see it getting some kind of a discount alright given the time that's passed since release but it won't be massively reduced I imagine.

As for the Rocksteady/WB/Mad Max analogy above, it doesn't really apply here since the port work was done internally by Avalanche and not contracted out by the publisher to another developer. Same would apply to the likes of Shadow of Mordor too but not, for instance, Mortal Kombat X whose PC port was again farmed out to a third party developer and experienced some severe problems.

Advertisement