Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

SeantheMan wrote: »
    All DLC or whatever on PC should be made free as an apology to those who purchased it.
    They'll still release it at all full price though no doubt

And what about those that bought the game with the DLC...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Star Lord wrote: »

You put a suggestion forward, compensate you in some way, I don't know how. All future DLC as free or something.
    It's all want and speculation though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Star Lord wrote: »

Learn that pre-ordering is a scam?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kirby wrote: »
    The DLC will sell poorly. Any momentum or hype surrounding the game has long since passed. Where as people are waiting with bated breath for DLC for the witcher and Bloodborne, most people have forgotten about poor old batman at this stage.

I imagine the DLC in those will be more than 40 mins of killing mobs in 3 rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So this is what's left to come:

OCTOBER

Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Pack
    Batmobile Track #1: Batcave Set
    Batmobile Track #2: Penguin’s Dockyard
    Classic TV Series Catwoman Skin
    Classic TV Series Robin Skin
    1970s Batman Themed Batmobile Skin
    Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #3
    AR Challenge: Chemical Reaction
    AR Challenge: Stage Fright
    AR Challenge: Cauldron Speedway TT
    AR Challenge: Guardians
    AR Challenge: Precinct
    AR Challenge: Vertigo
    Free Updates
    Character Selection in AR Combat Challenges
    Optional Hard difficulty in AR Combat and Batmobile Combat Challenges

NOVEMBER
    rsz_1bvs_suit_ak_zpsghbvqdj6.jpg

2016 Batman v Superman Batmobile Pack
    2016 Batman v Superman Batman Skin
    2016 Batman v Superman Batmobile
    Wayne Tech Pack
    Track #1: Proving Ground
    Track #2: Waynetech Loop
    Arkham Episode: Catwoman’s Revenge
    Includes 1 story mission and 2 AR challenge maps
    Arkham Episode: A Flip of a Coin, starring Robin
    Includes 1 story mission and 2 AR challenge maps
    Arkham Episodes AR Challenge Update including maps from GCPD Lockdown
    Robin and Batmobile Skins Pack
    Robin Themed Batmobile Skin
    Original Tim Drake Robin Skin
    Riddler Themed Batmobile Skin
    Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #4
    AR Challenge: Clockwork
    AR Challenge: Credit Crunch
    AR Challenge: High Flyers
    AR Challenge: Quarantine
    AR Challenge: Wild Cat
    AR Challenge: Divine Intervention
    Free Update
    Character Selection in AR Invisible Predator Challenges

Arkham Episodes coming in November. Catwoman’s Revenge puts players in control of Catwoman as she sets out to infiltrate the Riddler’s HQ as the final humiliation in their encounter. A Flip of a Coin, sees Robin dealing with the aftermath of Batman’s disappearance and hunting down Two-Face. The three post-launch Arkham Episodes are all roughly the same duration and are intended to be short, narrative vignettes that give a sense of what has happened to each of these characters after the events of Batman: Arkham Knight. We’re also converting these environments into new challenge maps to give more replay value to these packs

DECEMBER

Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion
    Mission: Beneath The Surface (Killer Croc)
    Mission: In From the Cold (Mister Freeze)
    Mission: Wonderland (Mad Hatter)
    Mission: Shadow War (Ra’s Al Ghul)
    2008 Movie Batman Skin
    Original Arkham Batmobile (2009)
    Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #5
    6 TBC AR Challenges

In December, the Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion will appear in your Gotham City, with each one approximately the similar length as the Most Wanted missions in the main game. Mad Hatter is playing a sinister mind-game with Batman, and GCPD’s finest are the pawns. Killer Croc has escaped from his maximum security cell and is wreaking havoc on a crashed airship. The League of Assassins has returned to Gotham City, but what is their motive and who is in charge? And Mister Freeze may be closer than ever to completing his life’s work… but at what cost?

Link to article: LINK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So, I finally picked this up for PC after hearing the recent patch fixed a lot of the performance issues. Overall, I'm actually quite impressed. So impressed I wanted to write up a bit of a late review for those wondering if it was worth picking up.
    I'll try and avoid any spoilers but I have attached a few screenshots from my own play through.
    For the record, specs are GTX 970, i5 4690k and 8GB RAM.

Gameplay
    A vast improvement over the previous games, especially Arkham Origins. Combat is a lot more fluid than previously, counters work a lot better. Sometimes it's possible to feel a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of abilities to know and have ready for all possible encounters.
    The Batmobile is amazing fun to drive around in -but- the game feels a bit to reliant on it. It's very convenient that the Riddler just happens to have set up a bunch of challenges that will involve the Batmobile, however the experience is still quite fun for the most part.

Graphics
    Again, this is the PC port and despite the absolute disaster that was the release of the game, Arkham City looks astonishing. Minor threads of clothing can be seen on virtually all NPCs and Batman himself, and the sheer level of detail on characters is amazing.
    Scarecrow looks incredible. Even in the in-game conversations with other characters look great, here's on of Batman himself.
    The transition from game to cinematic is incredibly fluid and Poison Ivy looks amazing.
    They've added an option to the Graphics options to run at either 30fps or 60fps, and I'm pleased to say it really does run at 60fps consistently with the odd dips when fighting a lot of Militia guys.

Story
    Is not bad at all, I'm yet to finish the game, having done about 60% of the main story line and so far it's been a good story line.
    This screenshot is a spoiler, so click at your own risk. Clicky here and here are part of an great part of the story line and the parts afterwards are brilliant too.

Overall
    Go buy it if you're a Batman fan. Do it. Now. I'm a massive Batman fan and always have been, and this is a great game with a good and invoking story line.
    This is by far the best of the Batman games yet. A lot of mistakes were made when it was first released, but I'll give credit to WB and the Developers for what is actually a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really late to the show but only started playing it last night. First impressions are that it looks amazing but that Batmobile sections are slightly ropey.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nqvinh94

Is possible if I buy this game now ? or wait to buy a new game. Any new version Batman will be release in future ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Really late to the show but only started playing it last night. First impressions are that it looks amazing but that Batmobile sections are slightly ropey.

Unfortunately that's the feeling you'll have by the end as well. A good game that just couldn't leave the batmobile out of your face for any decent amount of time.
    nqvinh94 wrote: »
    Is possible if I buy this game now ? or wait to buy a new game. Any new version Batman will be release in future ?

Not for a good while.

nqvinh94 wrote: »

There's no new Batman in the works that we know about.
    You can still pick up the game, depending on whether you're on console or PC. Steam isn't selling it if you're on PC, but will be back out on the 26th of October I believe.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    So, I finally picked this up for PC after hearing the recent patch fixed a lot of the performance issues. Overall, I'm actually quite impressed. So impressed I wanted to write up a bit of a late review for those wondering if it was worth picking up.
    I'll try and avoid any spoilers but I have attached a few screenshots from my own play through.
    For the record, specs are GTX 970, i5 4690k and 8GB RAM.

What ? How ?

Mine wasn't working this week.
    Just went to check there on STEAM, tried to play the game...all my Pre-Load content was gone. It' downloading the game again :confused:

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What ? How ?

Mine wasn't working this week.
    Just went to check there on STEAM, tried to play the game...all my Pre-Load content was gone. It' downloading the game again :confused:

Bought it from a key site I use frequently. I'm not sure if we're allowed to name them or not, but I've used it for years and never had a problem.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Bought it from a key site I use frequently. I'm not sure if we're allowed to name them or not, but I've used it for years and never had a problem.

Mine was from a key site, but I never unlocked it or played it back when it first came out, and up until this/last week the content was still encrypted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Unfortunately that's the feeling you'll have by the end as well. A good game that just couldn't leave the batmobile out of your face for any decent amount of time.

Not for a good while.
    I found they got better as it neared to the end, they got more challenging. But still, didn't make a lot of sense that most of the most wanted missions were defeated in your car

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I liked the batmobile :/ bit hamfisted at times, didn't like when it was mandatory just to force it into the game but loved the option of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PC refunds on Steam
    WB confirmed today that it will be offering full refunds of the game to all owners on Steam, regardless of playtime, through the end of the year.

Seen this earlier yeah, lucky for people who bought and paid and completed it through Steam already...or even if you got it directly off STEAM, you can still complete it then get a refund.

I unfortunately bought it through a 3rd party cheapy cd key site :P ...first time that hasn't worked out in my favour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So just started playing this on Sunday night on PS4 but was wondering about a couple things

Is the Harley Quinn DLC standalone or is it like the Catwoman dlc from City where it actually ties into the main game and you switch between during the playthrough? I haven't downloaded it yet but just realised last night that it could be part of the main story.

When you complete the game, can you just go back and free roam to finish side missions and all like in City or should I try and get all done before finishing?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So just started playing this on Sunday night on PS4 but was wondering about a couple things

Is the Harley Quinn DLC standalone or is it like the Catwoman dlc from City where it actually ties into the main game and you switch between during the playthrough? I haven't downloaded it yet but just realised last night that it could be part of the main story.

When you complete the game, can you just go back and free roam to finish side missions and all like in City or should I try and get all done before finishing?

It's standalone and only about 20 minutes long, it adds nothing to the main game and happens completely in a bubble away from the main campaign.

Yes you can go back to free roam, but to get the 100% full ending you need to do ALL The side quests AFAIK.... this includes all riddler trophies.... I just googled the "Full Ending"... all it is is another minute of dialogue between Batman and Catwoman that kind of sheds a bit of light on the ending from another angle... not worth the bother collecting all 200+ trophies IMHO

Cheers. Will play the Harley bit after then.

Yeah I never do all the trophies. I just watch the alternate endings online.

But I do try and complete the other side missions to see how other villains are handled and are less annoying to complete. Also like investigating crime scenes like for Deadshot and Hush in City

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Cheers. Will play the Harley bit after then.

Yeah I never do all the trophies. I just watch the alternate endings online.

But I do try and complete the other side missions to see how other villains are handled and are less annoying to complete. Also like investigating crime scenes like for Deadshot and Hush in City

The side quests that have Villians are interesting and there is a similar one to Hush in this game I won't ruin.

But there's a LOT of "Defend from Tanks" / "Disable Bombs" / "Disable Watchtowers" / "Free up Roadblocks" etc in this game that is VERY much busy work

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I did all the side quests, except the Riddler ones. No way in hell i'm going through 200 or so collectables.

And locking the "true" ending behind that was total bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alex.middleton

love all the games in this series would love to see something similar for superman franchise

Yeah getting fed up with the city street based batmobile stuff already. I'll do some Riddler stuff until I get fed up, but will
    try to rescue Catwoman at least if I can. Only got the first 2 (2 for 1) unlocked on her collar.

Think I know what one you're on about for Hush since it does seem similar so far

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I did the Riddler quests as far as
    rescuing Catwoman
    , but left it afterwards. Far too many collectables.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Got this free a few months back with a new GPU, but only started playing it on Monday.

I enjoyed the first two Batman Arkham games. Arkham Origins is one of the few games I've in recent years had major technical issues with. My save file got corrupted 33% of the way through and straight after the single player portion of the game crashed after boot up. Reading the forums it seemed like a common enough issue. WB shortly after announced they were no longer patching the game to focus on DLC which needless to say I wasn't impressed with.

I had no intention of buying Arkham Knight after that and hearing all the horror stories of the PC port.

Having said that I'm enjoying the game. Gameplay is more of the same, with an enjoyable story and better graphics. The Batmobile sections feel rather contrived but so far its not bothering me much.

I've the game maxed out at 1080p but left the cap lock at 30FPS. Running locked at the 30FPS with no dips during gameplay, seems quite stable so far. Graphics are pretty sweet looking. From what I've read a locked 60FPS for this game is out of the question regardless of hardware so I opted for the 30FPS. It doesn't bother me that much as long as its locked and consistent but obviously I would of preferred 60fps. Not excusing the original state of the PC port though.

Have noticed the game gives you a reasonable amount of free DLC. Also noticed I've been given all the DLC for Arkham Origins and have also being given a free copy of Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate for free. I haven't personally really been inconvenienced by the whole PC port debacle so its a sort of win win for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I was thinking of getting the dlc, I doubt catwoman will be driving around in a catmobile so there won't be any annoying battle modes ;)

Kiith wrote: »
    I did the Riddler quests as far as
    rescuing Catwoman
    , but left it afterwards. Far too many collectables.

I'm exactly the same. The game was fun enough that I wanted to get the 100% completion but there are just far too many of the Riddler puzzles.

And they are cr@p Riddle "puzzles" too.... "Shoot this thingy on a building with the Batmobile"..... no thanks!

• Advertisement

So I now found something more annoying than those feckin
    Cobra Tanks
    and that's the
    Cloudburst Tank

Advertisement