Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crooked teeth

Options
  • 09-10-2015 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Been seeing this girl for ages. Get on so well. Enjoy all the same things. Have never had a row. Very attracted to her.

Only one thing irks me. A mouth full of crooked teeth and an extra one, in front on the bottom. I try not to look at them while we chat or think about them in general. But when I do it just turns me off.

Call me shallow if you will. But I dont think I could look at them for a few decades.

Cant afford to get them fixed or I dont really want to knock them out as I sense a few replies will say.

Is it possible to get over this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

It depends, is she hot besides that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Were not all perfect a few bent teeth shouldn't be the deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Well Shallow,difference adds character.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Brace yourself.

That's what you should say to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

somuj wrote: »
    Is it possible to get over this?

Just stare at her tits instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Crooked teeth don't bother me but stained teeth make me wretch.

Smokers are the worst, often a mouthful of rotten, stained teeth and taste like an ashtray, such a turn off. Nothing worse than seeing a really hot girl who then goes and ruins it by sticking a burning stick of tar in her mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Why would you be looking at her teeth for decades? Is this some fetish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Only you can decide whether or not its a deal breaker as different people will have different limits. I couldn't be with a girl who was stick thin, just turns me off completely, though I probably couldn't be with a girl who was obese either. There will be plenty of men who would be happy with one or the other though.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

It depends, is she hot besides that ?

Oh yes. Never smiles with her mouth open tho and puts her hand up when she laughs.

I dunno. Feel like a douche for thinking like this. But could it ever really work if I dnt want to look at her with her mouth open?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

If it's a thing that's going to last decades something like this won't bother you.

If it's already a problem then I'd say it's not the relationship for you.

Everyone deserves someone who likes them the way they are. Buck teeth and all.

Fine if she wants to get them done for herself. But she'd be mad to get them done for your benifet or anyone else either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Would they stop you putting your dick in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

This girl sounds like she bit off more than she could chew when she met you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Crooked teeth don't bother me but stained teeth make me wretch.

Smorker are the worst, often a mouthful of rotten, stained teeth and taste like an ashtry, such a turn off. Nothing seeing a really hot girl who then goes and ruins it by sticking a burning stick of tar in her mouth.

If you practice good dental hygiene and have a couple of cleaning sessions with a dental hygienist in the year it shouldn't be an issue. I find many Irish people have a lackadaisical approach to their oral health and can go years without visiting a dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Oh yes. Never smiles with her mouth open tho and puts her hand up when she laughs.

I dunno. Feel like a douche for thinking like this. But could it ever really work if I dnt want to loo at her with her mouth open?

She's obviously self conscious about them,so she will probably look at getting them straightened when she gets the money to.
    OP if it bothers you that much, this relationship probably isn't for you.
    We are all shallow in one way or another anyway,so don't worry about being perceived as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

if you love her you,ll get over this,
    Theres dental clinics in europe that are much cheaper than irish dentists .
    Maybe ask her nicely ,is she happy the way she is.
    does she have any wish to get dental work done.
    maybe she thinks its a minor thing.
    People go away for a week, get all the teeth done ,
    its like going on holiday.
    IF you bring this up ,just try and be polite about it.
    Maybe she has no wish to get them fixed,
    or does not think its a big dal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,001 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I like a face with a little flaw.

There's nothing as sexless as a "perfect", bland face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Call me shallow if you will.

I wouldn't. Everyone's got some preferences they look for in a partner. If it's bothering ya now, well that's hardly gonna change is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If you practice good dental hygiene and have a couple of cleaning sessions with a dental hygienist in the year it shouldn't be an issue. I find many Irish people have a lackadaisical approach to their oral health and can go years without visiting a dentist.

Man I've lived on four continents in countries, in regions ranging from the highest to the lowest standards of living on earth and it's not just Irish people it's everywhere. Smokers tend to not look after their teeth anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Era walk away.....best of luck to you on your search for perfection.
    Some lads not happy with their birds gooters stump up for a boob job,why not stump up for some braces?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Is she from Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

magentis wrote: »
    Era walk away.....best of luck to you on your search for perfection.
    Some lads not happy with their birds gooters stump up for a boob job,why not stump up for some braces?

He is finding that her teeth make it hard for him to 'stump up' that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭doulikeit

somuj wrote:
    Only one thing irks me. A mouth full of crooked teeth and an EXTRA ONE, in front on the bottom. I try not to look at them while we chat or think about them in general. But when I do it just turns me off.

Extra teeth, brilliant compliant, do you know what she is going to say to you when you are both old geezers and she eating curley worleys and you banana sandwiches, up ur bollix gummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Just make sure she's careful when doing oral activities. Crooked teeth mean extra dangers, nobody likes being scraped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

There's women in Japan paying to get crooked teeth as they think it looks sexy - so tbh I think you should get over it or send her to Japan where she'll be appreciated:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2271585/Japanese-women-paying-hundreds-pounds-crooked-fang-like-teeth-latest-cosmetic-craze.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

she's defo one of the lizard people. Unlike mammals lizards grow extra teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Would not bother me in the slightest, but if it bothers you OP then bail out. It will just annoy you more and more as time goes on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

From a dentist's point of view, we see this all the time. She is acutely aware of the issue if she smiles with her mouth closed, this actually takes a lot more effort than a normal smile.

Most people who put off having ortho (braces) treatment, do so for a multiple of reasons, financial, time constraints, fear of going to a dentist, fear that a dentist will tell them that their teeth are "awful" and nothing can be done etc.

If you want to say something to her to encourage her to seek treatment, you must do it tactfully. Try saying to her that she is beautiful, confident and you love her to bits but you have noticed that she seems concious of her smile, and ask her if she ever considered getting an opinion from a dentist on what can be done to make her more confident about smiling. Do not say "did you ever think of getting your teeth straightened"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I dunno. Feel like a douche for thinking like this. But could it ever really work if I dnt want to look at her with her mouth open?

Is it possible she feels the same way as you. To me she sounds conscience of them already. You saying something about them might make matters worse.
    Realistically, once she keeps them clean if she goes to a dentist reguarly he should be able to keep on top of them and maybe suggest a brace or some other way to straighten them out.

Really tho it's not something that if you are thinking of being with this girl long term that should bother you. If you get along great and you enjoy her company and likewise her with you this isn't something you should let hold you back from being with this girl.

Would you rather a dull boring girl you don't get on with that has a great set of teeth ?

This answer was far too serious for AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Bad teeth are a dealbreaker for me.
    I wouldn't want to kiss them or be close to their mouth, ever.
    Nothing wrong with feeling that way, we all have our preferences.
    Just don't give the girl a complex any worse than she already has.
    Which you will do if you stay with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

For gods sake don't say anything to the poor girl about it. She may very well be aware of this herself and is self conscious about it already. She doesn't need you pointing out her flaws. You might want to reassess your standards before you start dating again though.

Advertisement