Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Had some Camille at lunch, bloody gorgeous to it was.

Mao looks a while away from being open, the interior is still pretty much a shell, but if you walk by it on the street it looks open.

Mao at Home is now open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Not sure if it's a relocation or a new shop but Baby Elegance are opening a store in westend retail park beside champion sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭daymobrew

January wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a relocation or a new shop but Baby Elegance are opening a store in westend retail park beside champion sports.
    They have a store near Coolmine fire station. Maybe they are closing that store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

daymobrew wrote: »
    They have a store near Coolmine fire station. Maybe they are closing that store.
    Wouldn't be surprised...don't think I've ever seen a single customer in there any time I've driven by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Had some Camille at lunch, bloody gorgeous to it was.

Mao looks a while away from being open, the interior is still pretty much a shell, but if you walk by it on the street it looks open.

Had my first Camile last night. Delivered on time per time I requested on their online app. Have to say it was fantastic! I tried same green curry meal I had in Diep a few weeks ago and it was even better. Definitely getting my repeat business!

January wrote: »

Unusual considering Toys'R'Us which also just opened will have a Babies'R'Us instore in the same park. Lots of competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

ongarboy wrote: »
    Had my first Camile last night. Delivered on time per time I requested on their online app. Have to say it was fantastic! I tried same green curry meal I had in Diep a few weeks ago and it was even better. Definitely getting my repeat business!

I've tried them twice now. Super quick delivery both times. I had the satay chicken noodles the first time and they were lovely, if a bit too spicy for me. I got a duck massaman the second time and it wasn't a patch on the duck massaman in Diep. It was bland and had very little duck in it. The rice was bland too. I'll give it another chance though next time I couldn't be bothered driving to Diep. Diep's delivery charge is too high. It's free in Camile, for now.

daymobrew wrote: »

The one in Coolmine was emptied this morning so they're obviously moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a list of jobs announcements here: http://www.inou.ie/jobsboard/

Blanchardstown LES run a mailing list of job opportunities. http://bap.ie/local-employment-services-network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I've tried Camile twice now. The first time it was excellent but the second time it was really poor. We got the same dishes both on both occasions and the difference was like night and day.

I sent them an email outlining my experience and they haven't bothered to reply. Wont be going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Wanted to get Camile tonight but couldn't get parking anywhere near it. Didn't look very busy at 8pm. Diep on the other hand was packed but I has no problem getting handy parking. Mao at Home was empty bar two teenagers.

There's the carpark behind the Vineyard or whatever it's called these days. Mighy still be plagued by champers but you could run in, order and head back to the car.

There's the carpark behind the Vineyard or whatever it's called these days. Mighy still be plagued by champers but you could run in, order and head back to the car.

Still plagued by clampers. 24 hour pay & display. If the choice is pay to park to get Camile or park for free by Diep/Mao there's no contest.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Wanted to get Camile tonight but couldn't get parking anywhere near it. Didn't look very busy at 8pm. Diep on the other hand was packed but I has no problem getting handy parking. Mao at Home was empty bar two teenagers.

Is Camile a sit down dining place also or take away only? I saw some tables outside but not sure if they were just decorative or for customers waiting for their takeaways?

There's seats inside and out so you could eat in if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Still plagued by clampers. 24 hour pay & display. If the choice is pay to park to get Camile or park for free by Diep/Mao there's no contest.

There's always ample parking by the Church, it's literally a 30 second walk from camille

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

VeVeX wrote: »
    I've tried Camile twice now. The first time it was excellent but the second time it was really poor. We got the same dishes both on both occasions and the difference was like night and day.

I sent them an email outlining my experience and they haven't bothered to reply. Wont be going back.

Instead of holding their hands up and acknowledging the inconsistency in their product they rang me back and said they were replying to another customer with exactly the same name as myself who'd also had an issue from another store (Sutton). They offered store credit to a lessor value than the original order. I suggested they give the credit to a charity.

There's always ample parking by the Church, it's literally a 30 second walk from camille

There wasn't on Friday night when I was looking for it ;)

VeVeX wrote: »
    Instead of holding their hands up and acknowledging the inconsistency in their product they rang me back and said they were replying to another customer with exactly the same name as myself who'd also had an issue from another store (Sutton). They offered store credit to a lessor value than the original order. I suggested they give the credit to a charity.

They called back and gave you credit, fair enough I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

They called back and gave you credit, fair enough I think.

You would think so, I had an issue with the branch in Phisborough sending me the incorrect meal which unfortunately was something I couldn't eat

I contacted the store and they were very polite and quick to reply and offered me credit for the meal, I was perfectly happy with this as I wasn't looking for anything, was just letting them know that someone else probably got the wrong order also

The credit never materialised, despite me chasing it up (as it was offered I was going to use it), this left a bit of a sour taste
    I have never had an issue with the food itself though when it has been as I have ordered

Got food delivered from Camile last night. Not overly impressed. Noodle dish was fine but curry had zero kick and arrived with brown/wild rice rather than the jasmine rice ordered with it. Back to Diep it is so.

Diep is nice, but their Singapore noodles are the tamest ever. They taste good but there's no kick, mostly chicken with every little pork, and no prawns whatsoever when I got it last night. Basically all it was was noodles and chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Had a takeaway from Camille last night too. A curry,Singapore noodles and pork belly.

Was nice but it all came to €31. I collected it too and seemed very busy.

Just had a call offering me a free starter from Camile for the rice mix up but insisting their curry was standard and that all their other customers liked it. With all the Thai options we now have I have no reason to continue to give them my money. I know my Thai food and that curry was not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 willfer

Just had a call offering me a free starter from Camile for the rice mix up but insisting their curry was standard and that all their other customers liked it. With all the Thai options we now have I have no reason to continue to give them my money. I know my Thai food and that curry was not right.
    Spot on. I got a green curry from Camile and it was tasteless. Diep is delicious, love the place and won't go elsewhere anymore. Really cannot see how Camile gets all the plaudits it does 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

I was up in Camile the other night and noticed that they advertise on posters and on the menu that their beef and lamb is Irish and grass fed which is fine. However they only mention 'irish chicken' on the children's menu. Does anyone know if all of the chicken is Irish that they use as they are the only takeaway (I'm open to correction) in the area that mentions irish chicken? I appreciate this may be off topic a little but I am always wary of the origin of meat that I eat and Camile is ahead of the rest of takeaways in D 15 by printing the origin of their meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't know if it's on their menu but Diep certainly does give the origin of their meat on their website. No idea about Camile.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

I don't know if it's on their menu but Diep certainly does give the origin of their meat on their website. No idea about Camile.

Thanks for that. Diep mention that their beef, lamb and pork is of irish origin but nothing about chicken as far as I can tell! Again happy to be corrected

• Advertisement

However they only mention 'irish chicken' on the children's menu.

Maybe just an oversight on the menu and their About webpage, I wouldn't imagine they get in separate chicken for adult and children's dishes, it would be odd if they did and would have me reconsider.

Advertisement