Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

don ramo wrote: »
    but as ive said it has struggled in the ratings, so your not a minority or anything,

Mr. Robot?

I've already pointed out to someone (you?) that this just isn't accurate at all. It has been solid at 0.4-0.6 rating for its entire live run, and it has amazing Live +3 numbers - in fact, the largest percentage increase at +98% w/e August 9 and +122% w/e August 16.

Even looking back the weeks prior to that, it's doing on L+3 about the same as Suits, which is USA's flagship summer show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

SyFy renews both Dark Matter and Killjoys for Season 2...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/01/dark-matter-killjoys-renewed-syfy-season-2

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

NBC not going ahead now with Coach

• Advertisement

Black Mirror

Charlie Brooker’s Black Mirror Becomes a Netflix Show
    Netflix is set to produce "multiple episodes" of British dystopian sci-fi show Black Mirror, according to a report from the UK's RadioTimes. The streaming service already has the rights to the show's back catalog, with previous episodes — including a 2014 Christmas special with Mad Men star Jon Hamm — receiving plaudits from US critics. Each episode is a self-contained story looking at the harms and lures of technology, with the first series (broadcast in the UK in 2011) including an episode about the prime minister being forced to have sex with a pig on live television. To date, only seven episodes have been made.

The deal has not yet been confirmed by either Netflix or Channel 4 (which originally aired the show and is said to have a "first look deal" on new episodes), but Black Mirror would be a perfect fit for the online streaming service. Although it's not a typical binge-watching show, its timely themes and parable-like messages have made it ideal for passing around online as a demonstration of one's awareness about technology. (As The Verge's Josh Dzieza put it, the show has become "shorthand for a certain type of contemporary internet-age creepiness.") According to the RadioTames, Black Mirror's creator, Charlie Brooker, is currently writing scripts for a new series.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/9/9287797/black-mirror-netflix-new-episodes

AMC has given a series order to Preacher Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Vikings has been renewed for a 4th season:D Due to be aired on History channel next year. I do love me a bit of Vikings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Vikings has been renewed for a 4th season:D Due to be aired on History channel next year. I do love me a bit of Vikings.
    it got renewed months ago, filming has been underway for while now,

Mary Elizabeth Winstead has been cast in CBS BrainDead,

http://tvline.com/2015/09/10/mary-elizabeth-winstead-braindead-cast-cbs/
    TvLine wrote:
    BrainDead stars Winstead as Laurel, the daughter of a Democratic political dynasty who left D.C. to become a documentary filmmaker, but is pulled back into the family business when her brother needs political help. Now a young, fresh-faced Hill staffer, Laurel discovers two things: The government has stopped working, and alien spawn have come to Earth and eaten the brains of a growing number of congressmen and Hill staffers.

its been slated as a cross between The Strain (unfortunately) and The West Wing (bit better, but the premise doesnt leave much hope of political plot lines),

its set for summer 2016, so it really is a 50/50 call if its gonna be any good, i always liked Winstead, but i think she could have picked a better project,

• Advertisement

The Strain is great. Sorry. :o

Mr E wrote: »
    The Strain is great. Sorry. :o
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

im only judging by season 1, i just couldnt justify coming back for another go, but it was probably better than true detective this year,

I liked season 1 of The Strain, and season 2 has moved the story along nicely. Watchable summer fare, nothing more, nothing less. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    I liked season 1 of The Strain, and season 2 has moved the story along nicely. Watchable summer fare, nothing more, nothing less. :)
    ah it just drove me absolutely mental, gaping plot holes and stories just not adding up, or making any sense, it felt like 80% of the story was happening off screen,

i think if they set it back in the late 80s or early 90s it could have been a lot better, not a good story to set in 21st century,

at least someone is enjoying it though :)

Richard Armitage and Michelle Forbes have join EPIX 10 part spy drama Berlin Station,

http://tvline.com/2015/09/11/richard-armitage-berlin-station-cast-epix-michelle-forbes/

they join already cast Rhys Ifans and Richard Jenkins,

http://deadline.com/2015/07/rhys-ifans-cast-berlin-station-epix-1201487575/
    They wrote:
    it follows Daniel Meyer (Armitage), a newly anointed case officer who has arrived at the CIA foreign station in Berlin to uncover the source of a leak who has supplied information to a whistleblower. Guided by jaded veteran, Case Officer Hector DeJean (Ifans) — a darkly charming, tenacious agent who works for Chief Steven Frost (Jenkins) — Daniel learns to contend with the rough-and-tumble world of the field agent — agent-running, deception, the dangers and moral compromises, Forbes meanwhile, will portray Valerie Edwards, the no-nonsense administrator who serves as a Berlin Station Section Head.

might be an interest mini series, pretty decent cast, ill be watching for that alone,

ive never heard of EPIX, but this is one of their first original scripted programs, along with Graves staring Nick Nolte and Susan Sarandon, both are due next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Theirs to much TV, can't keep up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The sound of someone who never endured rainy days in Limerick watching the test card and wondering if Radharc would be of any use that day.

Woe is me.

The sound of someone who never endured rainy days in Limerick watching the test card and wondering if Radharc would be of any use that day.

Woe is me.

No messing, I think I have TV Burnout or something. I'm gone from 33 shows on the go (no one believes ya...and then you name them off without a pause to a :confused::eek:) to like 5 sort of oldies I didn't get to keep up with --> Beauty & the Beast. Only thing I'm looking forward to coming back is Supernatural...and maybe the Goodwife.

And maybe Person of Interest.

In other news, Arnie is gonna be the new host of Celebrity Apprentice.

Not keen on the American versions.

I had to google Radharc.

Yeah, the problem is a lot of it is on the same topic. The majority of stuff seems to be CIA/FBI or spy related or else some sort of superhero stuff that I find really tedious.

• Advertisement

And maybe Person of Interest.

maybe, youd wanna get your ass outta here before i give you a slap :pac::pac::pac::pac:

yeah i hear ya, there are times the last year or two i feel like just packing it all in and going back to scheduled tv,

im trying to reduce the amount i watch, but theres so much on that i want to watch, i always say im not addicted to anything, but im clearly addicted to tv :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The off button and a good book can bring an amazing amount of peace. As the Christian Brother said between beatings "The ****ing TV doesn't turn itself on".

The Mist
    The Weinstein Company’s Dimension Television is developing a TV series based on The Mist, first a Stephen King novella and then a 2007 MGM film directed by Frank Darabont. The project, which Dimension says is moving forward with King’s blessing, is from writer Christian Torpe, who created the Danish series Rita which is now finishing its fourth season.

The series will tell an original story about a seemingly innocuous mist that seeps into a small town but contains limitless havoc. From psychological terrors to otherworldly creatures, the mist causes the town residents’ darkest demons to appear forcing them to battle the supernatural event and, more importantly, each other.

“The terror and drama in Stephen King’s novella are so vast that we felt serialized television is the best place to explore them in greater depth,” said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman The Weinstein Company and Dimension Films. “With this show, Christian has created a fascinating band of characters and a story with infinite scares.”

http://deadline.com/2015/09/mist-tv-series-dimension-films-christian-torpe-stephen-king-1201530407/

Hart to Hart
    EXCLUSIVE: The Harts are back, with a twist. NBC has put in development a new take on the 1979 ABC mystery/adventure drama, which starred Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers. The reboot — which revolves around a gay couple — hails from producer Carol Mendelsohn and Sony TV, whose predecessor Columbia Pictures produced the original series with Spelling-Goldberg Prods

Written by Christopher Fife (Revenge, Private Practice), based on the Sidney Sheldon-created original, the new Hart To Hart is described as a modern and sexy retelling of the classic series that focuses on “by the book” attorney Jonathan Hart and free-spirited investigator Dan Hartman, who must balance the two sides of their life: action-packed crime-solving in the midst of newly found domesticity. The project, which has received a script commitment plus penalty after interest from multiple networks, is executive produced by Fife and Carol Mendelsohn Prods.’ Mendelsohn and Julie Weitz.

Executive produced by top producers Aaron Spelling and Leonard Goldberg, the original Hart To Hart starred Wagner and Powers as Jonathan and Jennifer Hart, a wealthy couple leading a glamorous jet-set lifestyle who regularly stumbled upon murders they proceeded to solve. (Below is the show’s opening sequence, which sets up the premise.) The series had a five-season run on ABC from 1979-84, followed by eight TV movies.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/hart-to-hart-remake-gay-couple-nbc-carol-mendelsohn-producing-1201528906/

^ Just let them give Nolan from Revenge his spin off :p

Meh:D Once I saw the connection to Revenge and Private Practice it put me right off and what is the point of making it about a gay couple? It makes about as much sense as the remake of Annie with a black Annie:confused: Before anybody accuses me of homophobia or racism lets be clear, Hart to Hart was not about a gay couple and Annie was a red haired white kid. I won't be watching either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

No, other than racism or homophobia I can't see a single compelling reason why the Hart to Hart couple shouldn't be gay or why Annie shouldn't be black. But I'm open to being enlightened on your reasons.

James74 wrote: »
    No, other than racism or homophobia I can't see a single compelling reason why the Hart to Hart couple shouldn't be gay or why Annie shouldn't be black. But I'm open to being enlightened on your reasons.

Eh, because if you change the basic characters then the programme is different. Hart to Hart was about an affluent white husband and wife and Annie was about an ugly white kid who wasn't pretty enough to make her adoptable. Making the Harts a gay couple and Annie a pretty black kid is ridiculous, they are fundamentally different and designed to be marketed at a PC audience who don't remember the original programme/film. Sometimes I wonder if the majority of Boards posters are under 25's with nonsensical ideas of political correctness and no common sense. Sometimes I despair at the thought of the PC SJW warriors being the future of humanity.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1, it's a bit right on jingoism and pandering with it. Though pandering to whom I dunno. Take Mr Robot, big hit of the summer. His boss at work is a gay chap happily married and all that. They're just another everyday normal character in the story and that's the way it should be. No "look at meeee" attention stuff to garner ratings, or the bile of the stupid and irate to get ratings.

It's why I've a lot of time for Russell T Davies he of Doctor Who fame, who in that series got an openly bisexual bloke into what is a teatime family show and made him a hero.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    +1, it's a bit right on jingoism and pandering with it. Though pandering to whom I dunno. Take Mr Robot, big hit of the summer. His boss at work is a gay chap happily married and all that. They're just another everyday normal character in the story and that's the way it should be. No "look at meeee" attention stuff to garner ratings, or the bile of the stupid and irate to get ratings.

It's why I've a lot of time for Russell T Davies he of Doctor Who fame, who in that series got an openly bisexual bloke into what is a teatime family show and made him a hero.

But why even make sexuality an issue for a teatime family show at all? I like Doctor Who but I don't see why so many programmes need to make an 'issue' of things like race,sexuality,colour or religion for example. It's like making an issue of something for the sake of making an issue of it. I loved Tofu,Cucumber and Banana, now in that series sexuality was central to the story and thus relevant. It's like making the A Team all female, or the Hulk a pink woman or Lassie a cat, it makes no sense other than to fit into someone's agenda,

Advertisement