Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2015 Intake

Options
  • 09-09-2015 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Just thought I'd post this in here to keep a track of the ones who've got the call.

Congrats to Dream Big & .S. so far!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Happy to say I'm part of this intake! Hope a few more receive the call =D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Well done .S.!!

Right so far I've got Oct Intake:
    Myself
    Dream Big
    Chickee 32
    Jay711
    Panini
    Knifeyspoon
    The keyboard warrior

Looking forward to meeting you all! Hoping there's a few more calls yet =)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Hey, don't forget me! :D

I actually have a fair few questions already. So much to do, so little time!

Sorry, don't know how I managed that, wrote names on a post it, you made it on that! That's my thinking too, got a lot to fit in before GV, been checking out the shopping list / starting GV thread too. Don't know if the letter will put my mind at ease or make it a bit more daunting lol. Gunna figure out what I need to buy and when I'm giving notice over the wkend!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm the same. Excited but nervous now, I think it's fear of the unknown!

Time to knuckle down and get stuck into the on-line learning properly now.

Excited and trying not to be nervous just yet but gotta make the most of the time to prepare alright! Lots of questions going through my head too, induction will definitely help! I didn't realise there's further online as well as what we've already done. I'm planning on spending a lotta time on it and in the gym (I'm already a gym rat lol but gunna shake up training a bit, do some more cardio / high intensity stuff I think).. I do think we'll be starting before we know it now, time will fly =)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Massive smile on my face right now for you all. Well done people. Well done.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Well done to everyone who got the call! I'll be seeing you all in a few weeks.

After induction weekend get stuck into online learning.

Any questions feel free to PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

When does online learning become available again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 jackrabbit09

You can add me to that list. Received the call today!

Well done all!

Think on-line learning reopens somewhere around the time of the induction.

You can add me to that list. Received the call today!

What time did you get the call at jack?

Congrats Jack, that's you and Ruffles so far today

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dementedfairy8

Hi everyone,

I've been following the forums but this is my first post. I got "the call". Couldn't stop jumping around with excitement but now the nerves have kicked in again. Looking forward to seeing you all soon! I'll be the tired looking one as I get back from holiday at like 2am the morning of the induction.

Hi everyone,

I've been following the forums but this is my first post. I got "the call". Couldn't stop jumping around with excitement but now the nerves have kicked in again. Looking forward to seeing you all soon! I'll be the tired looking one as I get back from holiday at like 2am the morning of the induction.

Well done!! Can I ask when you received the call and what your AC score was??

Congrats Fairy, look forward to meeting you!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jackrabbit09

Catdog33 wrote: »
    What time did you get the call at jack?

Round 10.30 CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Massive congratulations to you all!!!! I'm sure you're all a mix of emotions but one thing is for sure, you're not alone, everyone will be in the same boat so look after yourself and each other!! Stay safe my lovelies

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Well done!! Can I ask when you received the call and what your AC score was??

Hey Catdog,

Got the call over the last few days. AC score was in the lower end of the 70s. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why some got calls and others didn't. I wasn't expecting calls until tomorrow so there's still time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

I got the call today too!! Excited but very very nervous 😳

Looking forward to induction / meeting you all! Keen to get the letter too =)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KNIFEYSPOON

This wait for it all to start is dragging in already!

Going to seriously work on cardio from now until our start date. Looking forward to meeting all you and get the craic flowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Chickee32

It's still not sinking in for me at all, can't wait to get this induction pack and reassure myself I didn't imagine getting the call lol really looking forward to the induction too and meeting everyone, think that's when it'll start feeling real!

Same with me for cardio, I've let it slide a bit this last wee while!

I'm in the same boat. I've had a virus for three weeks and have been avoiding exercise like the plague.

So if I'm running around g'ville huffin' and puffin', have pity on a girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Chickee32

No way, that's a nightmare! Well there's still plenty of time so fingers crossed you'll have it well shifted by the time we go in!

Any idea what fitness stuff they will put us through in there? My cardio is good at the moment. I'm more worried about strength and short high intensity stuff.

I mainly do weights training so I'm increasing cardio / HIIT. I've heard they take a cross fit type of approach, short high intensity stuff. PTIs were fab at my PCA familiarisation so they'll keep us right!

I'm actually really excited to do cross fit but it will probably kill me. Once my notice is processed I'll be doing more weight sessions and trying to add a few circuit classes in. Don't want to embarrass myself in there!

• Advertisement

Me too I'm looking forward to the challenge, running is my weakness so gotta work on that plenty before GV.. I also don't wanna embarrass myself!

Advertisement