Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2015 Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Random question- do we get fed at induction? Lol I'm always thinking about my next meal so I'm curious lol! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jay711

Congrats Catdog! Brilliant news! Looking forward to getting to meet everyone soon! With reference to letting them no details of car etc- if we are just coming on our own I take it we don't have to tell them of our own car details?

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Random question- do we get fed at induction? Lol I'm always thinking about my next meal so I'm curious lol! :-D

Yes apparently we do get fed and we can also buy hot/cold food in the canteen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

You do need to advise your own car reg too Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

You'll get fed from the canteen, the foods pretty decent. Sign for it on the day and pay nothing. When you start you'll get get a card with I think £9.00 for first 4 weeks (residential period) after that you pay for food.

• Advertisement

.S. wrote: »
    You do need to advise your own car reg too Jay

Thank you :) glad I asked now! Will give them a call tomorrow and fill them in! Thank you!!

Jay711 wrote: »
    Thank you :) glad I asked now! Will give them a call tomorrow and fill them in! Thank you!!

Anytime, see you soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Congrats CD!!!!! I'm sure you're buzzing! Im really not liking these last minute calls, think they're trying to keep us all on our toes. Well done again my lovely :)

Mop a top wrote: »
    Congrats CD!!!!! I'm sure you're buzzing! Im really not liking these last minute calls, think they're trying to keep us all on our toes. Well done again my lovely :)

Thanks! Can't sleep at all. It's 5am and I'm wide awake, keep thinking that the call didn't actually happen. Everything I've got to do is circling round in my head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Well done CD very last minute but I'm sure you are happy enough!!

• Advertisement

statusz wrote: »
    Well done CD very last minute but I'm sure you are happy enough!!

Cheers! Yeah I'm actually most relieved at not having to throw in an application for campaign 3 next week lol! Was dreading that!
    just got to get stuff together last minute! Have no flipping idea where my birth certificate would be! Ah!

You can get one for about £10, ring the births, deaths and marriages dept in your council

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Realistically those who are awaiting medicals which seem to be taking place from 29th Sept up to 20th October, what are the chances that we are in for the November intake, could they turn it around that quickly??

Mop a top wrote: »
    You can get one for about £10, ring the births, deaths and marriages dept in your council

Cheers mop... I wonder how quick you can get them..

Also, is it the council in which you were born? I live in a different council area now

Edit: darn, just looked it up and they have to post it out. Probably going to take too long :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Derob wrote: »
    Realistically those who are awaiting medicals which seem to be taking place from 29th Sept up to 20th October, what are the chances that we are in for the November intake, could they turn it around that quickly??

Yea it's happened that people have had their medicals and a week later they've gotten the call. Vetting was obviously passed though!

Yea it's happened that people have had their medicals and a week later they've gotten the call. Vetting was obviously passed though!

Thanks Midgetgem, I emailed vetting two weeks ago to find out status but no response

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

Thanks Midgetgem, I emailed vetting two weeks ago to find out status but no response

Call 101 and ask for recruitment? They told me over phone

Possible you'll get a late call like CD if the turn around isn't that quick

My vetting cleared in July though! So I'm guessing someone decided not to take their place (hard to believe that someone might go through all this hell and then decide not to take their place) or they upped the intake numbers last minute or else they had been holding out for some peoples vetting to clear who are higher than me and when it didn't clear they moved on down the list to fill the intake.

I'm almost not wanting to know if it's cleared, don't think it would be held up but ringing to ask and being told it isn't would just be a sucker punch lol!

• Advertisement

j3llybean wrote: »
    Call 101 and ask for recruitment? They told me over phone

Yea recruitment will give you a yes or no as to it being cleared, that's it Derob.

In fairness vetting wont give you much more either!

I'm almost not wanting to know if it's cleared, don't think it would be held up but ringing to ask and being told it isn't would just be a sucker punch lol!

I'm definitely one of those people that would rather know than be in the dark so I've tortured vetting a little bit - nicely of course! lol

Catdog33 wrote: »
    My vetting cleared in July though! So I'm guessing someone decided not to take their place (hard to believe that someone might go through all this hell and then decide not to take their place) or they upped the intake numbers last minute or else they had been holding out for some peoples vetting to clear who are higher than me and when it didn't clear they moved on down the list to fill the intake.

Won't be the vetting one my lovely, if it was there were folk higher than me as well as myself who had to wait for vetting to clear, they'd never have hired anyone after a couple of squads and I'd be in the doors of hotel GV. More than likely someone's decided it's not for them like you said (nutters lol) or someone's needed to defer this intake for some reason. Still their loss is most definitely your gain! Enjoy it, you certainly deserve it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Just got the email about online learning re-opening.

Ditto! I've a lot to catch up on from last time I was on a two week holiday right in the middle of when we had to do it so it was rushed and I didn't take as many notes as I should have! I was worried it would only open like the week before we start lol!

Me too, makes the start date seem all the nearer!

Woop! Found the birth certificate after hoking in my parents roof space lol! Got the passport photos too so I feel a weight lifted off :-)

Feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness!

Was a relief when I located my birth cert too CD, Amazing how fast it goes now after so much waiting, times playing tricks with my head lol

Ladies- I'm wearing a trouser suit for the induction but considering my shoe options.
    Low heel shoe, totally flat black shoe or low heeled boot?

Also hair- up or down?

• Advertisement

I'm planning on low heeled blank ankle boots. Hair I was wondering about too. With uniform standards being up in a bun I'm thinking I might just stick to that (I got my hair cut recently but it's still past shoulder length)

Advertisement