Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

How did he play?.....is he the 'Luke Shaw' of two years ago with Southampton?

Pretty competent performance, apart from the annoying booking. He doesn't seem to get forward too much, though; something tells me that his assist last week won't be a recurring feature of his game. Also, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, Moreno came on late for Coutinho. And he looked really good in the short period of time he was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

59pts and both h2h games in the bag. happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The site has been crashing an awful lot after matches. I guess after a few more weeks it'll have less traffic but still I don't remember it being such a common thing other years.

Anyway I think I've got 47 points so I guess I'd better not complain about that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Benteke - 18
    Mignolet - 6
    Clyne - 6
    Ritchie - 1
    Game week total up to 55.

If Benteke had knocked in that shot on 89 mins, I'd be up to 63 and would be quids in after having a punt on Pool -1 @ 5/4.

Wild card in play.
    Team value up by 0.4 already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ESP added. Benteke 3, Lovren 2, Skrtel 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

km79 wrote: »
    tell everyone cos he is already halfway to another drop :(

As a Benteke owner, I sort of hope he drops. It means people are selling a player who has scored 12 goals in his last 13 PL games. Haven't compared that form to others, but I can't imagine there's many (if any at all) that can top that. Why anyone would sell such a player I don't know. And 11 of those games were for a poor Villa side, the other 2 games were in a new team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Chesty08 wrote: »
    He is like a young Lescott in his Man City days

What is that supposed to mean?

I thought he was solid. Moreno very good though when he came on. Much better going forward. Id keep Gomez in v Arsenal though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

As a Benteke owner, I sort of hope he drops. It means people are selling a player who has scored 12 goals in his last 13 PL games. Haven't compared that form to others, but I can't imagine there's many (if any at all) that can top that. Why anyone would sell such a player I don't know. And 11 of those games were for a poor Villa side, the other 2 games were in a new team.

Liverpool are not set up to score goals.
    I'd prefer Benteke at Villa over Benteke at Liverpool tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

8-10 wrote: »
    What is that supposed to mean?

I thought he was solid. Moreno very good though when he came on. Much better going forward. Id keep Gomez in v Arsenal though

Tall rangy right sided centre half playing left full for a Top team and not a naturally left footed young defender who bombs forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Deadly.
    47 for the week and 75 total. I can't believe I am saying I am happy with that but I am!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

spock. wrote: »

ah jaysus only 2games in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I thought the service Benteke got from the Liverpool midfield was shocking. It was also terrible last week. At one point there towards the end I saw him going over to the midfield line over on the left wing just to try and receive the ball.

They seriously need to start feeding this guy some quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

jive wrote: »
    20 mins of pure shíte. Liverpool will win 1-0

Pity my fantasy predictions have been pure shíte!

Colking wrote: »
    I thought the service Benteke got from the Liverpool midfield was shocking. It was also terrible last week. At one point there towards the end I saw him going over to the midfield line over on the left wing just to try and receive the ball.

They seriously need to start feeding this guy some quality.

end result is all that matters. scored one, 3 bonus, and was very nearly 2 goals. you'd expect Liverpool to improve, a good few signings won't click absolutely straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I was talking about Ritchie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hmmm... Think I'm gonna be a d*ckhead but whatever...

Should finish on 68 pts when BPs are added. 117 pts overall. So of course I'm delighted with this start, especially considering how rushed I completed my GW1 team but somehow I'm a bit disappointed that Benteke didn't get a monstrous score tonight. With the massive captain fails this week, Benteke could have made a huge difference. In the end it's only a goal. Fortunately he got max bonus.
    Now again don't get me wrong, I'm very much conscious of my great start but many had a 'Pool def (I didn't) tonight and their CS reduced Benteke's impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think I'll get 57. What we think the average will be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Maybe (I haven't seen too much of them), it was more of a comment on Villa. That Villa side were so poor creatively, that even if Liverpool do set up more defensively, I'd imagine they will score more goals

iroced wrote: »

Should finish on 68 pts when BPs are added. 117 pts overall. So of course I'm delighted with this start, especially considering how rushed I completed my GW1 team but somehow I'm a bit disappointed that Benteke didn't get a monstrous score tonight. With the massive captain fails this week, Benteke could have made a huge difference. In the end it's only a goal...

I captained him also but in the end justice was served. His first goal was no goal and he should have buried the second one. I thought he was very honest in his interview "Yes, I should have scored that chance".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Should finish on 68 pts when BPs are added. 117 pts overall. So of course I'm delighted with this start, especially considering how rushed I completed my GW1 team but somehow I'm a bit disappointed that Benteke didn't get a monstrous score tonight. With the massive captain fails this week, Benteke could have made a huge difference. In the end it's only a goal...

What I would do for just a goal. Any goal. 30 points from midfield & attack so far the useless shower of bastards!

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    What I would do for just a goal. Any goal. 30 points from midfield & attack so far the useless shower of bastards!

Even after I told you Mayor Quimby was captaining him !? ;)

Should finish on 68 pts when BPs are added. 117 pts overall. So of course I'm delighted with this start, especially considering how rushed I completed my GW1 team but somehow I'm a bit disappointed that Benteke didn't get a monstrous score tonight.

dragon_rock_sml2.jpg

:pac::pac:

:D

Colking wrote: »
    I captained him also but in the end justice was served. His first goal was no goal and he should have buried the second one. I thought he was very honest in his interview "Yes, I should have scored that chance".

Yeah yeah I fully agree with you. I'm just talking FPL-wise, completely forgetting the reality of the game. Benteke home to Bournemouth after all major captains failed. You know a blinder would have made a huge difference (like the DGW31 last year when Austin & Benteke I think it was him who had a 46 pts captaincy?). In the end, it's not that significant.
    But again, I gladly take his 18 pts tonight, let's be honest :)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

48 if captain Benteke gets the 3 BPs.

Have to be pleased with that

48 if captain Benteke gets the 3 BPs.

Have to be pleased with that

The way these last 2 weeks have gone ? Be very happy with that :)

jimmii wrote: »
    I know. I struggled last season until the end and had to fight my way into top 10k up to GW38. So I know the feeling.

But my point was, when your captain can make a huge diff, it doesn't matter whether you stand on 50 pts ahead of the curve or are battling with your misery on 15 pts, it'll serve you anyway whether it is for making a break or saving your GW :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

50 points... yusss!! 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Opinions on keeping Benteke lads, fixtures aren't great but he is scoring.

352 or 343, Benteke is key to this really.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Benteke's 18 brings me up to 58 for the week and 100 in total for the two GWs. Have to be happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

54 points.

Another 2 wins in my H2H leagues so verry happy with that.

Advertisement