Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Wow Myhill really saved you this week :) Like Mahrez saved me and I still did crap :(

Yeh he really did! I don't think it will be the last 10 pointer we see from either!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Can and firminho in for lallana and Ibe are the supposed two changes for Liverpool tonight

Really hope Gomez keeps his spot or a WC will be forced upon me sooner than I want

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Really hope Gomez keeps his spot or a WC will be forced upon me sooner than I want

He should play tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Makes sense, Liverpool looked much better against Stoke when Can came on. It also means Milderson will both be playing a bit further forward.

better for benteke as well
    expect one goal minimum out of him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye miner and Hendo are the two I'm watching tonight... c.'s for gomez will get us his 2nd price rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ye miner and Hendo are the two I'm watching tonight... c.'s for gomez will get us his 2nd price rise.

I've already sold the Henderbus for Mahrez but hoping for a nice parting gift, for now. I'm sure he'll be back in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I think this game will decide whether I need to use my WC or not. Have both Hendo and Benteke. Nothing from either and I think I'll have one or two too many underperforming players than I can cope with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I think this game will decide whether I need to use my WC or not. Have both Hendo and Benteke. Nothing from either and I think I'll have one or two too many underperforming players than I can cope with.

Eh I think you're forgetting that Henderson clean sheet, 2nd top points scorer in my team last week. Hero

last time I captained benteke for a weeknight game I was sitting mid 400k and he hit a hat trick
    I'm currently mid 400k its a weeknight and he is captain :D

Liverpool XI vs Bournemouth: Mignolet; Clyne, Škrtel, Lovren, Gomez; Henderson, Milner; Ibe, Coutinho, Lallana; Benteke. #LF
    Cherries XI to face #LFC: Boruc, Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Ritchie, O'Kane, Surman, Gradel, King, Wilson. #afcb #LIVBOUC

• Advertisement

Forgot I hadn't sold Ritchie yet !
    Be nice if he showed me something with an eye on gw4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Liverpool XI vs Bournemouth: Mignolet; Clyne, Škrtel, Lovren, Gomez; Henderson, Milner; Ibe, Coutinho, Lallana; Benteke. #LF
    Cherries XI to face #LFC: Boruc, Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Ritchie, O'Kane, Surman, Gradel, King, Wilson. #afcb #LIVBOUC

No Can..damn. Looks like the Henderbus will be parked in front of the back 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Few quid on Benteke goals to soften the inevitable blow.

20/1 the hat trick..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ah balls, I was hoping Mings would have come in!

At least Gomez plays

Gomez assist for Hendo and a Benteke blank would be sweet as

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

No can - bad news for Henderson and Milner owners. Far too deep in the first game to be of value. Hopefully a penalty tonight as a farewell gift from Henderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

mnf tekkers. release the beast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

PARlance wrote: »
    Bit of an overreaction by most imo. Hazard capt fail followed by Rooney capt fail will mean most players that play sensibly will have gotten off to a shocker. A high % of casuals that have started well will have used up chips to create what is just a small gap in reality. 39 points between me (1.8m) and my mate who normally finishes 200 points behind me, he's currently 100k.

The regulars who keep TC and Bench Boost for DGW's should end up with more of an advantage than ever imo.

Although I get and overall agree with your main point, I find the bold part a bit haughty. You could have chosen different captains and be as sensible a player than those who backed Hazard & Rooney.

Rooney the first week (considering his great home stats vs Spurs) was as good a choice as Hazard.
    On the contrary Rooney this week was not a great pick as we've been debating last week. Ditto Kane who didn't have great stats vs Stoke (though it's a very small data sample). Obviously I don't know what Benteke will return tonight. But in form players (Payet, Gomis, A. Ayew) were probably as good an a priori choice as Rooney considering their respective opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Benteke was the sensible choice this week. Because I picked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Captain Bentekkers my only interest in this game too. I'd be happy with just an assist even, considering the way the game week has gone. I won't be greedy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

gomez,milner and captain benteke good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Nice to get a bit of info on the Bournemouth players on MNF. They're saying King has got great potential but is too unfocused. I'll keep an eye on him tonight. Will also be on watch at Ritchie and £7 Million man (IRL) Surman. Although Surman looks to play too deep to threat any assists or goals. Might be the exact same as Cazorla will this year in the deeper role, but with potential for assists if pushed forward.

Also, Clyne hat trick with a clean sheet please! Highest scorer is Cech so far with 3 points. Need to stop the embarrassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Bournemouth looking very open at the back.

Expect goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wilson looks sharp

bournemouth goal harshly disallowed
    goals both ends in this !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Nib wrote: »
    Bournemouth looking very open at the back.

Expect goals.

Liverpool looking open too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    goals both ends in this !

Hope so. I really don't want a Liverpool clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

20 mins of pure shíte. Liverpool will win 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

iroced wrote: »
    Although I get and overall agree with your main point, I find the bold part a bit haughty. You could have chosen different captains and be as sensible a player than those who backed Hazard & Rooney.

Rooney the first week (considering his great home stats vs Spurs) was as good a choice as Hazard.
    On the contrary Rooney this week was not a great pick as we've been debating last week. Ditto Kane who didn't have great stats vs Stoke (though it's a very small data sample). Obviously I don't know what Benteke will return tonight. But in form players (Payet, Gomis, A. Ayew) were probably as good an a priori choice as Rooney considering their respective opposition.

Hazard and Rooney were used as examples as Hazard topped GW1 poll and Rooney topped GW2 (of those that had played). "Sensible" players tend to be successful and they tend to go with the most popular picks most of the time.

Wasn't meant to be haughty, I don't consider myself a "sensible" player but I wish I was.
    And I had neither captained myself.
    Payet, Ayew & Gomis weren't on the radar for the "sensible" players in GW2. They were barely mentioned on the captain thread and certainly not by the better players afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CAPTEKKKKKKERS

Advertisement