Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvin Takeaway Codes [No code requests]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Livefornow

9 times out of 10, i'll only order on any of these sites if there is a discount code. Marvin do have a buy 10 meals get one free which would sway me towards using them for our favorite Indian though.

Agree with this

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Slightly off topic...but is the Marvin website down for anyone else? I'm getting an internal server error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

sternn wrote: »
    Slightly off topic...but is the Marvin website down for anyone else? I'm getting an internal server error.

Working ok for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

30% off code still working. = NACHOS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Since discovering that the restaurants are taking the hit for the discounts, some recent transaction discrepancies have made a bit more sense. I had a order with a 50% discount that didn't get delivered. When I rang the restaurant they told me that the delivery driver's car was stolen and I suspected that they were talking shít. A recent order with a 30% discount to the same restaurant left me short of a Nan bread and two cans of coke. That's me out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

We made an order, got 20-30e off and it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

bajer101 wrote: »
    A recent order with a 30% discount to the same restaurant left me short of a Nan bread and two cans of coke. That's me out.

Had similar issues recently with a chinese I regularly order from. The quantity in some dishes was definitely less than normal (pre discount) and certain items replaced with inferior quality ones. Has happened twice now so am curious is it because of these discounts. One way to shoot yourself in the foot is to annoy the very customers you're trying to keep. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

R u sure the restaurant take the hit. I got full price invoices from 2 local restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

sue97 wrote: »
    R u sure the restaurant take the hit. I got full price invoices from 2 local restaurants

As did I

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Yeah we ordered last night and the receipt showed the full price. Pretty sure it's Marvin taking the hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

It has to be, why would a take away sign up and lose money when just eat can keep the same prices, unless marvin are offering cheaper rates for the takeaways to use their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

My local Indian was taking a hit when justeat were offering a discount. They were charged by justeat to provide the app service and a percentage of the overall costs also went to justeat.

Understandable that the service provider takes a cut, but the takeaway has to decide if the meal ordered was going to be ordered anyway be it by phone or someone actually visiting the takeaway and so is it worth it. It takes longer to order by app than phone as we tend to go for the same thing. Would only be useful if we were away some where and were looking for a takeaway.

Like others I was only using the apps when there was a discount. To be honest it is easier to pick up the phone and ask for the little extras like more spice or onion. Will stick with marvin.ie to get the free meal only another three to go. I would guess we've cost them nearly a €100 so far, €18 last night cause we were out and extra hungry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Just seen an ad for 25% off

'LOVE MARV'

Hope it works for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

My favorite take away are on Marvin so its a definite winner for me.

My thoughts one the situation where some of the takeaways leaving things off the order and making the meals sub-standard to what you would normally get is fool on them. These discounts may encourage new customers to a takeaway offered on marvin and its up to them to keep you as a customer. If the takeaway offers poorer standards or is leaving things off the order then don't order from them again. It's the takeaways issue not marvins.

Its working out great for me so thanks to all for posting the codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭little foot

Does anybody know if this code is still valid?
    Thanks

No it expired on Sunday night. They might put another one up today, keep an eye on their FB or twitter

Will do. Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

***30% OFF TAKEAWAY!*** First time users can get 30% OFF any takeaway this weekend on www.marvin.ie by simply entering the code CHOPSTICKS before payment at the checkout. *Limited to first time users of Marvin.ie. Excludes CASH orders. Expires midnight Sun 16th Aug 2015

Just appeared on the aul facebuke

Nice 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Pity their selection is so poor. Only 1 takeaway here compared to about 20 on just eat. Not like they just started either, its been months now with only 1 offering for the area.

I wonder if they are finding it difficult to bring takeaways on board that are already with Just Eat.

• Advertisement

Pity their selection is so poor. Only 1 takeaway here compared to about 20 on just eat. Not like they just started either, its been months now with only 1 offering for the area.

I wonder if they are finding it difficult to bring takeaways on board that are already with Just Eat.

The problem might be restaurants not wanting another POS terminal;
    With so many aggregators - marvin.ie / justeat.ie / feedme.ie / takeaway.ie / deliveroo.ie ect ect, wouldn't the restaurant need a terminal for each one?
    I can't see them being willing to share, unless the restaurant has their own terminal that aggregators can all use.

a5DRan8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Didn't notice latest code is first time customers only. Had everything picked out and went to apply and it didn't work. Then I just put the order through anyway because I was starving. That's how they get you!

Toast wrote: »
    Didn't notice latest code is first time customers only. Had everything picked out and went to apply and it didn't work. Then I just put the order through anyway because I was starving. That's how they get you!

They're all for first time customers only. You could have just set up a new account!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

They're all for first time customers only. You could have just set up a new account!

No existing customers were given the 30% recently through email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Just log in with a fake email address to avail of the coupons only meant for new customers. You don't need a proper email address to verify the account and the receipt can be sent to your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Ya dont even need a fake email address these days.

joebloggs@mehole.com
    joe.bloggs@mehole.com
    joeblo.ggs@mehole.com
    joeblogg.s@mehole.com

Are all the same email address but recognised as distinct when creating accounts and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ya dont even need a fake email address these days.

joebloggs@mehole.com
    joe.bloggs@mehole.com
    joeblo.ggs@mehole.com
    joeblogg.s@mehole.com

Are all the same email address but recognised as distinct when creating accounts and such.

They have improved the checking one notch since last time, it rejected me with my mobile number this time, so I just made one up, that aside m.e@gmail.com is distinct from me@gmail.com

B0jangles wrote: »
    ***30% OFF TAKEAWAY!*** First time users can get 30% OFF any takeaway this weekend on www.marvin.ie by simply entering the code CHOPSTICKS before payment at the checkout. *Limited to first time users of Marvin.ie. Excludes CASH orders. Expires midnight Sun 16th Aug 2015

Just ordered.

Had to use a different mobile this time, though.

I used Guerrilla Mail for the email

25 % off this weekend

25% OFF
    Voucher code SUSHI
    Expires Midnight 23/08/2015

• Advertisement

It's a pity Marvin don't have more restaurants.
    Really need to up there game there.
    As I said up thread all these companies have there own system so I suppose takeaway would end up with a load of these machines.

gXduKBE.jpg

Some more info about Marvin that I found online,

TLDR:
    Danish company, headed by former Just-Eat executives.
    Charge 7% commission as opposed to 12% by Just-Eat.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/danish-takeaway-website-gets-hungry-irish-expansion-james-galvin
    Danish Takeaway Website Gets Hungry For Irish Expansion
    Feb 23, 2015

(Dublin, Ireland) Ireland is set to welcome a new player in to the online takeaway market called Marvin.ie, backed by a number of former Just-Eat executives.
    Danish success story Hungry.dk has decided to expand their services, and Ireland was picked as their first international venture.

Former Just-Eat.ie Managing Director James Galvin will be heading up this new website and believes the market needs a fresh challenger brand.

“The market leader has got a little too comfortable” claims Galvin.
    “Over the past few years they have gone completely unchallenged nationally, and as a result they enjoy a dominant monopoly position.
    It’s time to show the market there is a better alternative”.

Whilst online ordering has become an important revenue stream for many restaurants across the country, recent hikes to the order commission to 12% by Just-Eat, caused a number of restaurants to take to social media to complain.

“I understand the issues raised by many restaurants, but we can only concentrate on what we do.
    For example our commission is just 7% with no upfront fees. I truly believe the solution we have is by far a better, cheaper and technically superior product.
    Ultimately, the customers will make the choice and that’s what matters” explains Galvin.

Morten Larsen, Chairman & founder of Hungry.dk believes consumers expect more from their takeaway experience both online and via mobile. “We are partnered with DeliveryHero, who have the world’s most advanced online food ordering technology, and now it will be available in Ireland too.

Our platform will have much more accurate delivery pricing using Google map technology, an option to search by specific restaurant name or ingredients and a loyalty stamp card to earn free takeaways.
    We’re very excited to be in Ireland”.

Marvin.ie is set for an initial Dublin launch in May, with Android & iPhone apps set to follow soon after.

Advertisement