Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin Williams RIP

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I don't think I've ever been affected by a 'celebrity' death like I was Robin Williams'. Even 2 months ago I shed a tear showing my 2 young sons Aladdin for the first time. Can't believe it's been a year already.

Just goes to show how much of an impact he had where other movie stars are still discussing the impact they had on him. Josh Gad, while discussing Pixels on the Mark Kermode & Simon Mayo movie show, mentioned how he got a lot of inspiration for his portrayal as Olaf in Frozen from Williams in Aladdin.

There's few actors who have his manic energy, yet can pull off incredibly sombre and downbeat performances, the likes seen in World's Greatest Dad (well, reigned in, I guess, is more apt a description), One Hour Photo, and Insomnia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

The evening before the news of Robin's death was announced I found out a friend of mine died tragically and I couldn't sleep. As ever, I stuck on YouTube and searched for Robin Williams recent interviews and eventually after watching the few I hadn't seen, put on one of his live full stand up shows and eventually I relaxed enough to get some sleep. When I woke up I logged in and I seen the thread in After Hours. Horrible time.

For me Robin's two best performances were Moscow on the Hudson and The Fisher King. The former is vastly underrated I think and should be herealded more than it is, as should Robin's performance in it, but TFK is my favourite film of his for sure. Can't believe it's five and half years since it was shown in the IFI. Where does time go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 roisin.browne

Man, this is still so heartbreaking a year on! It's hard to believe a celebrity death can affect in such a way.

Advertisement