Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin Williams RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

DazMarz wrote: »
    The man who brought so much laughter to so many people over the years, Robin Williams, has died in his home in Los Angeles at the age of 63.

RIP Robin... :(

http://news.sky.com/story/1317081/robin-williams-dead-in-apparent-suicide

Gee that is terrible. One of my favorite actors.
    RIP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Robin Williams is dead at only age 63.

Im in complete shock. Love his stand up and films. Apparently he had been battling depression and suicide hasn't been ruled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

****. Off!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I only watched Good Will Hunting the other week actually. Sad news. He'll be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just read about it. God he had some fantastic roles! Good Morning Vietnam and Good Will Hunting being two of my favorite films

RIP :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

May the Lord have mercy on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Just saw it there on the BBC. Shocked indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Depression, what a cnut of a sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

RIP, immensely talented guy.

Played intense guys so well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I don't normally get that sad when someone famous dies (last one was probably James Gandolfini), but this sucks big time.
    Truly one of the all time greats of comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭brian888

Couldn't really believe it when I saw the top posts on Reddit. Made me all sad and stuff.

Shocking news, very sad indeed. He was an early favourite of mine back during my childhood, making me laugh endlessly in many of his movies. However, his performance which had the greatest effect on me was that of his in 'Good Will Hunting'.

R.I.P.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well now that is sad and shocking news. When I was a kid I'd have watched just about anything if he was in it. Hook, Jumanji and Toys were favourites of mine growing up. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Besides his comedic performances, his dramatic roles were pretty impressive too especially in the underrated One Hour Photo and Insomnia

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

This is truly sad, and not sure how else to describe it. One of the most likeable people Hollywood ever had. I remember seeing him fairly recently on a talk show.

It doesn't seem believable, R.I.P.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000245/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Teaforlife

Terrible passing :( Very sad news...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Very sad.

Jakob the Liar is a film that stuck with me from the first time I saw it. Had a marvelous ability to switch from comedy to serious without any struggle whatsoever.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

From 'World's Greatest Dad'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

There's been a few tears in our household tonight.

We grew up on his movies as did our kids, his talent and charm will be truly missed.

R.I.P. Robin Williams, thank you for sharing your life with us.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHKVFoCSlGoD_NegyRG5ysZk1vHewkJKZrlcfCBEf1xfm6pgQ3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Jesus, /b are having a field day, the soul-less fcking twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

The Fisher King. Watch this film. You think you know The Zany Robin Williams? Think again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

such a massive, massive loss. His improv ability was off the charts and you only need to look at any talk show or interviews he did to see how genuine he was when it came to making people laugh. I watched his Inside The Actors Studio interview and was in tears laughing several times throughout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dobz95

This news really sucks! Robin was great, Oscar winning great!
    Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, Good morning Vietnam, Hook and many more great films....
    All I can say is thank you Robin Williams, for making life better for film fans like myself and many others around the world with your performances. Rest in Peace!

"Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary" - Robin Williams, 'Dead Poets Society'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Bang_Bang

Still can't believe this has happened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

An absolute legend, sick I am.... nano nano.
    RIP Ya Leg:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

dan hibiki wrote: »
    Jesus, /b are having a field day, the soul-less fcking twats.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Such sad news, a huge loss to the world, such a likeable guy and a superb actor. RIP RW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Absolutely shocked and stunned, RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

krudler wrote: »
    such a massive, massive loss. His improv ability was off the charts and you only need to look at any talk show or interviews he did to see how genuine he was when it came to making people laugh. I watched his Inside The Actors Studio interview and was in tears laughing several times throughout it.

To be honest his interviews always made me feel slightly uncomfortable. Sure he was a funny bloke and extremely talented, but he just never seemed to be able to turn it off, to the point where i actually felt sorry for him.

Advertisement