Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spice Bag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SJ.00

Does anybody know of a Chinese that does the Spice Bag in Cork City/county.
    Have got them many a time in Dublin in Red Rice Kimmage, but can't seem to find them down here in the South.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

SJ.00 wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a Chinese that does the Spice Bag in Cork City/county.
    Have got them many a time in Dublin in Red Rice Kimmage, but can't seem to find them down here in the South.

Seriously? Cork? Spice bag? Wait until 2025.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I was going to lock this but I had my first spice bag two weeks ago and it was amazing... By Jaysus SJ.00 if there's a spice bag to be found in Cork we'll find it for ya!!

Little bags of Chinese heaven

/drool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Fcukers in my area charge 6.20! :mad:
    Fortune Cookie in Harolds Cross charge €6.95 afaik
    Glad I dont eat chinese, its disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Theres a Chinese in Tallaght Rose garden that does house special spice big as well as the original.

Little ribs and chicken wings and all thrown in. Lovely with curry sauce poured over it.

Ill never forget my first one from the Sunflower years ago god damn it i wish they delivered to Citywest!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Fortune Cookie in Harolds Cross charge €6.95 afaik
    Glad I dont eat chinese, its disgusting

My local Chinese charges 8.00 for theirs.
    Its a big bag though so worth the money. Can never finish it though, and I only ever get it when im hungover, which is most likely the time when I want to devour all in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Scumbag, Wankbag,Sh!tbag,Spicebag, they all taste the same. I'm that hungry I'd eat the whole fcuking last one of ye's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Scumbag, Wankbag,Sh!tbag,spicebag, they all taste the same.

Salty id imagine

Salty id imagine

Yes, with a bit of acid vinegar on top. Slurp. I'd even eat a slurpbag now the way things are going.

Joking aside. My brother a few weeks ago wouldn't stop talking about this spicebag thing, he just said you have to try it. I haven't got around to it yet, but can any-one recommend the best place to get one in the swords area ?. I might just give it a try seeing that the reviews are so high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

In the interim since this thread was active, the Daily Edge had an article on Spice Bags and in fact used Col. Jessup's photos of his Spice Bag.

In fairness they cited Boards as a source for the photo but I still think we should order a Code Red.

I'll need to be guided in regards to this Spicebag meal. I will await instructions regarding the best place in swords to get this spicebag, I don't want to ruin my first purchase. It better be good or else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I'll need to be guided in regards to this Spicebag meal. I will await instructions regarding the best place in swords to get this spicebag, I don't want to ruin my first purchase. It better be good or else.

Go down the Jacko and I'll meet you with one in 20 mins.

LOL.

The Jacko is a big place, from what part will you be coming from ? east/west north possibly south ?. I'll probably end up walking up to a spacer in the middle of the jacko asking him for some spicebag and get shot, or worse.

It will probably be worth it regarding that spicebag as it's supposed to be really nice. I'm on me way, I'll bring my machete just incase I need to chop it in half.

These spicebags don't seem to be too enticing to be honest. Too much risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Spice bags are bit rank. Well, the shredded chicken is usually rotten, rubbery stuff. Personally, I like salt and chili chips.

Spice bags are bit rank. Well, the shredded chicken is usually rotten, rubbery stuff. Personally, I like salt and chili chips.

I remember a place or two before that made chickenballs and they were Rubbery as hell, never went back. I'd like to avoid that for sure. It's a gamble I suppose. Will try one out in Riverside takeaway in swords on friday and see how theirs is. Will post back with my experience of this unusual spicebag after I try it with points of 0/10.

I hate rubbery chicken with a vengeance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Oooh, we got the new menu for our local Chinese through the door yesterday. They have now included the Spice Bag! :D Happy times, I really need to try this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

The smoked shredded breaded chicken is very tender in comparison and I'd rather get that if they offer both versions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This is not available in my local Chinese but my friends have it in theirs. I believe the term for theirs is Spicy Bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I remember a place or two before that made chickenballs and they were Rubbery as hell, never went back. I'd like to avoid that for sure. It's a gamble I suppose. Will try one out in Riverside takeaway in swords on friday and see how theirs is. Will post back with my experience of this unusual spicebag after I try it with points of 0/10.

I hate rubbery chicken with a vengeance.

It's Swords Garden down at the castle you want to be ordering from. Thank me later!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I might be becoming too posh these days - I read spice bag and was wondering if the OP was talking about a bouquet garni... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

And to think all this time I'd short changed myself with the belief that a tray of 3 in 1 (which is hard to beat for faty carb satisfaction) was the ultimate drunk food that a Chinese could offer when in fact they were practicing the ultimate in cullinary fusion food, 'drunk Irishman meets drunken chinese' and creates a bag of heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I can feel my blood pressure rising just reading about this "delicacy".

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

Spice bag, some curry sauce and a slice of bread, pour some sauce on the bread, few chips, bits of chicken, chuck on a chilli or two.

Best sandwich I've had ina while.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

major bill wrote: »
    Sunflower at the Orwell Shops do the best one.......they even extended their delivery routes to cater for the people raving about it :)

IIRC, they invented it. So, they do the original, but not the best. Choices do the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

amdublin wrote: »
    I believe the term for theirs is Spicy Bag.

They're amazey balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Chips, shredded, breaded chicken with loads of chilli and onions. It's lovely!

A tasty tip is to stamp on the bag a few times before eating it to mush it all together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My local chinese has not caught up yet with the spice bag revolution. They do a spicy chips which is basically the spice powder sprinkled over the chips. They charge an extra 50 cent for the spice:mad:

Some places call it a spice box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My local chinese has not caught up yet with the spice bag revolution. They do a spicy chips which is basically the spice powder sprinkled over the chips. They charge an extra 50 cent for the spice:mad:

Some places call it a spice box

There's a spice bag with chips and chicken strips or a spice box which has wings and chicken balls added in, or at least that's the way it is down my local. Would do you for about 3 dinners the size of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dayum now I want one too but it seems it's only found in the pale.
    http://www.dailyedge.ie/spice-bag-take-away-2067856-Apr2015/

Advertisement