Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monaghan GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

He's got plenty of girth but I'm surprised that he's 6 foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,600 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Jayop wrote: »
    He's got plenty of girth but I'm surprised that he's 6 foot.

There are a few who mentioned him on the poty thread but as everyone knows that will probably take us winning sam for that to happen .
    Anyway , all sorted for saturday ?

cjmc wrote: »
    There are a few who mentioned him on the poty thread but as everyone knows that will probably take us winning sam for that to happen .
    Anyway , all sorted for saturday ?

I'm not going I don't think. Was going to go up with the missus and the two kids but the only seats in Supervalu that I could get juvinile for was upper cussack and there's no way in the world I'd get herself up there.

I still might go if I can find someone else in Sligo up for it, but my Donegal mate that I went with last week is working. :(

I'm not going I don't think. Was going to go up with the missus and the two kids but the only seats in Supervalu that I could get juvinile for was upper cussack and there's no way in the world I'd get herself up there.

I still might go if I can find someone else in Sligo up for it, but my Donegal mate that I went with last week is working. :(

Probably for the better , wouldn't want them to see you crying at the end of a whoop-assing
    :):):)
    Or ass- whooping as the young uns say

Probably for the better , wouldn't want them to see you crying at the end of a whoop-assing
    :):):)
    Or ass- whooping as the young uns say

Aww hi I'd love to be there, but it's just not likely. I've a party to head to too on Saturday but that wouldn't be the end of the world to miss the start of.

Go on so, final score??

Tyrone 1-14
    Monaghan 1-12

:D

• Advertisement

Aww hi I'd love to be there, but it's just not likely. I've a party to head to too on Saturday but that wouldn't be the end of the world to miss the start of.

Go on so, final score??

Tyrone 1-14
    Monaghan 1-12
    T

Monaghan 1-10
    Tyrone. 0-9.
    Think it'll be low scoring but we'll work it to the net and shut up shop

0-9????

Away outa that. I know you're defensive but unless you're going to put all 15 back for 70 minutes and hope for a strong gale against us in both halves we'll score more than that.

0-9????

Away outa that. I know you're defensive but unless you're going to put all 15 back for 70 minutes and hope for a strong gale against us in both halves we'll score more than that.

Yeah your right, both of us will so how does 2-16 to 0-15 sound ? :)

Yeah your right, both of us will so how does 2-16 to 0-15 sound ? :)

To monaghan of course !!!

To monaghan of course !!!

lol

• Advertisement

My missus is a proud Cavan woman so she's even more up for Tyrone in this one than I am. I don't know what you did to them, but it runs deep.

My missus is a proud Cavan woman so she's even more up for Tyrone in this one than I am. I don't know what you did to them, but it runs deep.

It does !! And i don't know either !
    It seems to be more on the cavan side though so whatever happened we must have won :)

It does !! And i don't know either !
    It seems to be more on the cavan side though so whatever happened we must have won :)

The drought on their side seems to be never ending.

The drought on their side seems to be never ending.

Do you get cry's of 'john joe Reilly' when talking to herself ? Ah bless 'em

Do you get cry's of 'john joe Reilly' when talking to herself ? Ah bless 'em

Nah, she doesn't even have a Cavan accent anymore. I've managed to break down all links apart from the bitterness about Monaghan. That's just a hurdle too high.

Nah, she doesn't even have a Cavan accent anymore. I've managed to break down all links apart from the bitterness about Monaghan. That's just a hurdle too high.

Ha , dont believe a word of that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Happyman42 wrote: »

Of course they're confident given their great record in quarters and the fact the beat us last year. First time they beat us I'm 6 championship games like but don't mind that.

:)

Same team named v tyrone as the ulster final . As expected

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Magill46

Go on so, final score??

Tyrone 1-14
    Monaghan 1-12

You think there will be 2 goals? They could play for 6 hours and there wouldn't be 2 goals!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Really looking forward to 2 cracking games tomorrow. Monaghan really should be winning, and a loss would be a serious setback. Also Tyrone a bit of a bogey team for Monaghan and find themselves in the quarters under the radar . Monaghan by 2.

Fancy Mayo tomorrow also. Think they will have too much firepower for Donegal.

Reallly looking foreard to today . Start of the championship proper and its good to be back with the big boys.
    Will probably enjoy dongal / mayo more as the nerves will be racked for our game..
    Fairly confident about how it will go but its going to be tense to say the least !

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

If anybody would like to know where I'm watching this, I'll be happy to tell ye..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

The hoodoo continues.

Awful gane nd performance .
    Nothing going forward. Let tyrone dictate. Expected more thisp year

Hard luck lads. Yes just couldn't get the attack going and despite some amazing scores he let us get points too easily.

Still Ulster champs is probably more than we'll end up with this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

Hard luck lads.

Still Ulster champs is probably more than we'll end up with this year.

Ha! The same thing some raging Monaghan fan told me before he left the stands early. Sore, sore losers :D

No one cares about provincial championships. Any proper team would rather be in the AI semis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I have always respected those that are better. Although a bitter pill, I respected Dublin when they taught us a lesson and when Kerry lorded it over us.
    But, I cannot respect that Tyrone team, for the first time in my life I will not be supporting an Ulster team in the semis.

They had us beaten, fair enough, but they cynically closed down any chance of a game of football in the last quarter. The 'dive' being the most outrageous example.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭whats_my_name

I have always respected those that are better. Although a bitter pill, I respected Dublin when they taught us a lesson and when Kerry lorded it over us.
    But, I cannot respect that Tyrone team, for the first time in my life I will not be supporting an Ulster team in the semis.

They had us beaten, fair enough, but they cynically closed down any chance of a game of football in the last quarter. The 'dive' being the most outrageous example.

I've lost any remaining respect I had for Tyrone today. Absolutely disgusted with what I seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

But Tyrone were by far the better team throughout the entire game? They cruised throughout the entire match. I watched it in the stands and had big money on it. Bit contradictory.

Was there ever a period in the game Monaghan looked threatening?

Advertisement