Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Monaghan v Tyrone, Saturday 4pm *MOD WARNING #178*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭corny

"Intriguing and fascinating" according to the Sky boys....... Whatever floats your boat lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

corny wrote: »
    Thats irrelevant. Meyler did not pull the man to the ground. They collided.

They did but him wrapping the arm around dragged the monaghan lad down. I'm from tyrone and I went mental at first but the replay showed he was correct.

It's debatable for sure but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Marty Duffy has had a disaster so far in my opinion

The black card looked more like a black card for Kieran Hughes than for the Tyrone player who got it.

Kieran Hughes should have got a penalty after being pinned to the ground by Niall Morgan as he was contesting possession in the square just before half time.

Also he's stopping Beggan from kicking the ball the ball out quickly when he should have the sense to let him do it as he'd doing it in order to get the ball out before Tyrone bring back all their players into defence.

Some great scores being kicked so far but I'd like to see a bit positivity from both teams and Monaghan need to be more direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Someone needs to sort those pidgeons out at half time :pac:

Surprised Duffy hasnt given them all black cards :D

Marty Duffy has had a disaster so far in my opinion

The black card looked more like a black card for Kieran Hughes than for the Tyrone player who got it.

Kieran Hughes should have got a penalty after being pinned to the ground by Niall Morgan as he was contesting possession in the square just before half time.

Also he's stopping Beggan from kicking the ball the ball out quickly when he should have the sense to let him do it as he'd doing it in order to get the ball out before Tyrone bring back all their players into defence.

Some great scores being kicked so far but I'd like to see a bit positivity from both teams and Monaghan need to be more direct.

Hughes touched the ball on the ground before that. Can't be a penalty after a free out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭threeball

This has to be the worst season of GAA in living memory, in both codes. Apart from the first Kerry Cork game it has been utter tripe with no games holding the attention whatsoever.

Also it's not just began he's stopping taking quick kick outs, he's pulled Morgan back 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Hughes touched the ball on the ground first, I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Jayop wrote: »
    Also it's not just began he's stopping taking quick kick outs, he's pulled Morgan back 3 times.

He shouldn't be doing it for either team particularly when they want to kick the ball out to get the jump on the blanket defences.

Jayop wrote: »
    They did but him wrapping the arm around dragged the monaghan lad down. I'm from tyrone and I went mental at first but the replay showed he was correct.

It's debatable for sure but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I know you are Jayop but that doesn't make you right either:D

The Monaghan player stepped across him and then thought twice. Both men collided and that was it. Because the Tyrone player might have been looking for more is irrelevant. He didn't pull the Monaghan player to the ground.

• Advertisement

Sky didn't even mention the black card at half time ?!

He shouldn't be doing it for either team particularly when they want to kick the ball out to get the jump on the blanket defences.

Aye I'd agree with that but it's the letter of the law and he's the same to both sides. Consistency is all you can ask for

I know you are Jayop but that doesn't make you right either:D

The Monaghan player stepped across him and then thought twice. Both men collided and that was it. Because the Tyrone player might have been looking for more is irrelevant. He didn't pull the Monaghan player to the ground.

It's possible that I'm trying not to lose my **** about the ref because I normally do.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

threeball wrote: »
    This has to be the worst season of GAA in living memory, in both codes. Apart from the first Kerry Cork game it has been utter tripe with no games holding the attention whatsoever.

Aye, and that Meath / Westmeath match was, like, the worst match evar!

Hmmmm interesting. I'm not sure. I thought Hughes stayed out of the way but he actually dived into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

James74 wrote: »

it was :(

Really the first foul was Hughes blocking off Meyler's run.
    So that's what the ref should have blown for, and Meyler didn't deserve a black card

McCurry has been superb

Darragh Ó' Sé is a horrible commentator. The way he casually talks about diving and cheating irritates me. The rest of the time he talks ****e.

Darragh Ó' Sé is a horrible commentator. The way he casually talks about diving and cheating irritates me. The rest of the time he talks ****e.

Every one of the dives were a foul. Not one dive in this game.

• Advertisement

McCurry has been superb

He's stepped up this year

A yellow for a punch is harsh?

McCurry has been superb

Strikes a lovely ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Tyrone 5 ahead cant see them relinquishing that kind of lead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Monaghan very poor,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Marty Duffy must have something on Daragh O'Sé.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭threeball

James74 wrote: »

It was just a complete collapse by one team rather than an amazing comeback by a team who had just had a bad half. That was proven in the subsequent games so I really won't rate it. Besides whoop de do, 2 games out of 60 odd were entertaining.

Some great scores.

Player i really like Ronan McNabb. Having another good game.

• Advertisement

McNabb just waltzed through there , not good enough from Monaghan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement