Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvin Takeaway Codes [No code requests]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Not for me, and i've literally never ordered off there :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Not for me, and i've literally never ordered off there :(.

https://www.marvin.ie/ppc-generic/?gclid=CJjl64eUvcYCFaJz2wod7V0OwA

Will only work with card payments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Code not working for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

30% off Code: 1507PIZZA

30% off code: 1507CHIPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Krazzzzy Kay

Just a heads up, Marvin checks your email, I tried to use 1506twt for 25% off using the email I used on previous orders and the code was refused, changed my email to one of my other emails and the code was excepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just a heads up, Marvin checks your email, I tried to use 1506twt for 25% off using the email I used on previous orders and the code was refused, changed my email to one of my other emails and the code was excepted.

One way around that if wanting to use the same email is gmail addresses you can put a . between the name part of your email and you will still get an email confirmation:

say your email is krazzzzy@gmail.com you can use kr.azzzzy@gmail.com

GBX wrote: »
    One way around that if wanting to use the same email is gmail addresses you can put a . between the name part of your email and you will still get an email confirmation:

say your email is krazzzzy@gmail.com you can use kr.azzzzy@gmail.com

I'm just after releasing that changing my email means I cant use the loyalty card system :eek:

Will your method allow the loyalty card to still be updated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

I'm just after releasing that changing my email means I cant use the loyalty card system :eek:

Will your method allow the loyalty card to still be updated?

Nope

Makes sense I suppose, I wonder will the codes be as prevalent when Marvin has established a larger user base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Makes sense I suppose, I wonder will the codes be as prevalent when Marvin has established a larger user base.

Doubtful. Just Eat did the same thing when they started out, seemed like they were giving voucher codes out nearly every other day whereas now it almost never happens with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Of course they won't. It's a common marketing technique to gain market share.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

If they end up as bad as Deliveroo they wont last. We use them (Deliveroo) in work and they are awful. Drivers not checking dockets and walking off without food, bring hot bags too small for pizzas, taking up to an hour to arrive after we call them. Awful delivery company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

30% off again until midnight Sunday with the code NOODLES. Card orders only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

30% off again until midnight Sunday with the code NOODLES. Card orders only.

Nice one. Used it earlier with my existing account, so unlike most of the other previous codes this one should work for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Doubtful. Just Eat did the same thing when they started out, seemed like they were giving voucher codes out nearly every other day whereas now it almost never happens with them.

Thats not entirely true, Just Eat have just changed the way the codes are distributed. For example you get 3 or 4 15% just eat codes with every ticketmaster purchase and fairly sure they were doing a thing with Ryanair too. I also got a code at Sea Sessions. I think they've just moved away from the constant social media campaigns.

I've only used Marvin once but it's great to see some competition in the market again!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

New voucher for this weekend - CURRY.

***30% OFF TAKEAWAY - BANK HOLIDAY BLISS!*** Use the voucher code CURRY at the checkout (before payment page) to redeem the discount *Excludes CASH orders. Expires midnight Mon 3rd August 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

Do they have phone app?
    searched android playstore, cant find one even though their website claim they have a mobile app

Farnsworth wrote: »
    Do they have phone app?
    searched android playstore, cant find one even though their website claim they have a mobile app

Their website says android and ios apps coming soon.

https://www.marvin.ie/apps/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

When you order here on Marvin.ie or on our mobile app ....

first line on this page https://www.marvin.ie/pay-safely-online/

Farnsworth wrote: »
    When you order here on Marvin.ie or on our mobile app ....

first line on this page https://www.marvin.ie/pay-safely-online/

I'd say that's taken from the translation of their original Danish company, hungry.dk which already has the apps. They just haven't developed them for here yet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hungry.dk.android

I ordered a meal for two from a local Indian this evening with marvin and used the curry code for 30% off. I was left short of the two cans of coke and one Naan bread. I fired off an email to Marvin, (replied to the confirmation email) telling them what happened and they just replied to me saying that they will reimburse me for the missing items and also gave me another code for 25% off. Very good customer service as it wasn't their fault. Their website is a bit clunky and I have had some problems logging in, but with the availability of codes and the loyalty system I'll keep using them. That's obviously their business plan. Give out the discount codes to build up a customer base who will then stay with them cos they have started to build up orders on their loyalty cards. They must be running at a big loss at the moment, but it is not a bad business plan. Best of luck to them,

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Livefornow

Used the CURRY code this evening. €25 discount on the order for 7 people. Restaurant tried hard to convince me to buy direct next time when I went to collect but just smiled when I said it was €25 cheaper on Marvin.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Livefornow wrote: »
    Used the CURRY code this evening. €25 discount on the order for 7 people. Restaurant tried hard to convince me to buy direct next time when I went to collect but just smiled when I said it was €25 cheaper on Marvin.ie.

I wonder if the restaurants eat any of the discount themselves. I am pretty sure they do for the loyalty reward system anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

I wonder if the restaurants eat any of the discount themselves. I am pretty sure they do for the loyalty reward system anyway.

I don't think they do for the codes, the place I order from always give the receipt and everything is down as full price. Obviously they pay a percentage to Marvin though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Another weekend another 30% off

NACHOS

Offer valid until midnight Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I spoke to a restaurant, and they lose the discount value on the offers. They have been told that it is only temporary and will bring them better income in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I spoke to a restaurant, and they lose the discount value on the offers. They have been told that it is only temporary and will bring them better income in the future.

The challenge is that while the discount might bring in loads of new customers, without a decent retention rate this will become a failure.

30% discount might be great as a marketing gag, but to constantly give it to existing customers does not bring in new business.

But what happens once those discounts stop coming? How many of these new customer will continue using marvin over just-eat, deliveroo etc?

Most customers have swapped from just-eat to marvin and are using the discount, once that is over, will they go back to just-eat?

I won't I like marvin's interface/functions better.

Two of my favorite food delivery places have now own websites which manage the order via zuppler.com and encouraging me strongly to use them rather than marvin/just-eat. It's cheaper for them to deal with me as a recurring customer directly.

So while it's good for customers now, it is not good in the long run.

• Advertisement

9 times out of 10, i'll only order on any of these sites if there is a discount code. Marvin do have a buy 10 meals get one free which would sway me towards using them for our favorite Indian though.

Advertisement