Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia 3 Confirmed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really hope it's true and if it is, hope it's not a 2017 release. Such a great series.

Edit: Just followed the links through the website and all leads back to 2K. Man I cannot wait for this!

Hopefully will have some gameplay at Gamescon the same week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Im replaying LA Noire at the minute and the sidemissions keep reminding me what a great time I had with Mafia 1 back in the day. Would love a sequel in the same vain in a modern engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yus! Mafia II was a cracking game, really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yus! Mafia II was a cracking game, really looking forward to this

Is it coincidence Mafia 2 was a free gwg a month or two back?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This is excellent news. Absolutely loved Mafia II. Had such a great time with it. Finished it in about two sittings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Never played it, but Mafia II is 80% off on Steam for the next 48 hours ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    Never played it, but Mafia II is 80% off on Steam for the next 48 hours ;)

Jump on it. And for the love of Jeebus everyone who hasn't played Mafia 1, do so ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never got 2 some how passed me by, 1 was excellent.

Once you finished that damn race :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man, the first Mafia is one of those games that I remember as looking utterly amazing and realistic when it came out, yet has aged terribly. Still tempted to go back and replay, the missions felt quite varied and fun. And while there were few side missions, just driving around the city & countryside was oddly enjoyable.

Anyone else remember the Race mission? Man that was tough, and was only the 2nd or 3rd mission too iirc.

The race was mental hard haha but 1 had one of the best missions in any game. The hotel to roof to church that all links in with a previous mission. Just class. Also, what an ending.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The first Mafia was absolutely fantastic. Had some awful driving bits, but the story and action scenes were very good. And that ending...

Never really got into Mafia 2. It seemed to try and be bigger and better (not really in a good way though). Might give it another go once i clear my current batch of games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Mafia 2 is a decent game, it's just so bloody short :/
    The prison bit
    was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Omikron1

Kiith wrote: »
    The first Mafia was absolutely fantastic. Had some awful driving bits,

Oh dear god the race track level!!!
    Kiith wrote: »
    Never really got into Mafia 2. It seemed to try and be bigger and better (not really in a good way though). Might give it another go once i clear my current batch of games though.

Mafia 2 gets a lot of stick, I thought the story was a bit weaker but I still thought it was a great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The first game was so ahead of its time. Hard to believe it came out just a few months after GTA 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Mafia 1 was amazing, 2 was good. Hopefully they can capture the atmosphere and story of 1 again with this.

Actually embarassed to see that I own mafia 2 since last xmas steam sale :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mafia 2 is in my top 10 games of all time.

Sure it didn't have complete open world freedom. But you just let youself get absorbed into the world they created and it was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Wow I can't believe I only found this now! I loved Mafia 2 and will absolutely buy a third one!

Announcement trailer tomorrow 1pm Irish time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Where's it being uploaded?

• Advertisement

Where's it being uploaded?

They said their facebook page but they also have a youtube page. I expect all the big gaming sites to be linking to it as well.

https://www.facebook.com/mafiagame

https://www.youtube.com/mafiagame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

So much hard graft put into those games by the 2k teams. That drive arounds 1930's New York in the first was so good that I concider it a tourist experiance.

The second one had the same sence of hard graft put in but the music, the way it changes as you go up through the years your getting a guide to mid 20th century music better than any other experiance. So glad I was useing headphones for the second one. GET HEADPHONES FOR 2

Noblong wrote: »

The second one had the same sence of hard graft put in but the music, the way it changes as you go up through the years your getting a guide to mid 20th century music better than any other experiance. So glad I was useing headphones for the second one. GET HEADPHONES FOR 2

The music, both score and radio were just brilliant in both games.

in 2, at the start of the game, walking through the streets listening to Let it Snow, sucked you right into the city and character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Only another hour to go. :D

Claaaaassss!! Looks very interesting with the race of characters involved, not just the typical American-Italian. 2016 release

All Along the Watchtower and House of the Rising Sun. Soundtrack is sounding epic already!

Cant watch in work do you still play as Vito?

dreamers75 wrote: »

Not sure, it looks like an African-American, back from Vietnaam to find a bar called Sammy's wrecked and possibly his family dead. He grabs a wise guy called Tommy, puts him in his car and takes him out to the Bayou (based in New Orleans so?). Tells him not to mess with his family when 3 people turn up behind him while they watch the beating on Tommy before he gets eaten by a crocodile/alligator. Seem like an odd bunch, will be interesting to see who they are.

357513.PNG

Gamesradar have info on it

http://www.gamesradar.com/mafia-3-heady-mix-ultra-violence-60s-rock-and-feeding-foes-gators/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Looks like you're up against the Mafia in this one, strange turn.
    Set in 1968 New Orleans, and capturing the vibe of that time and place perfectly, it follows the story of Lincoln Clay who’s seeking revenge against the mob for the killing of his friends. Clay is a ‘Nam veteran, and he employs the lethal talents he learned during the war to take down everyone who wronged him - starting with the foot-soldiers, and working his way up to the boss, Sal Marcano.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Just read Vito will be in the game as one of your allies. You can take over properties you sieze like drug dens, etc. and depending on who assign it to you'll get different perks. Sounds class.
    However, now that the mob is gone you can assign the property to one of your allies… one of whom is Vito from Mafia 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The further away we move from the 40's/50's, the less like a Mafia game it feels for some reason :( The tone of the trailer seems quite different to Mafia 2, & if I'm honest, it felt more like a GTA-prequel than anything else. I'm sure the game will be brilliant regardless, but for me, the true Mafia era is the 30's/40's/50's.

Advertisement