Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scumbags knock cyclist of bike Video *mod warning post 50*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Here we go again, video has been posted many times before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭GuitarMusic

Have forwarded to Garda.....hope they track these idiots down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

micar wrote: »
    What's shocking is the amount support this is getting on Facebook.....what a c_ntish thing to do.

Sums up what is wrong with Facebook and why I hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

coach22 wrote: »
    if you look through some of the guys pictures on facebook it would appear that way!

I am inclined to agree with this, his sports list bare knuckle boxing and for activities he has listed Irish Traveller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

As I said it was sarcasm...

Ah apologies, I didn't see your follow up post.

Maybe use the sarcasm smiley instead of the normal one. Nothing about your first post suggests sarcasm at all. Now it just looks like you are back tracking after being quoted by people.

Glad you were ok after your push. Some idiots out there. Safe cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Stheno wrote: »
    How did you deduce it was travellers in the car?
    Regardless it's appalling behaviour
    Posted by Maughan, fan of street fighting, fan of driveway paving, fan of very large dogs .....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    I wonder how Pavee Point will try to defend that.

In fairness there's plenty of comments on the video from other people with traveller surnames calling them absolute scumbags. Scum is scum regardless of ethnicity. Hopefully the piece of sh!t who posted it gets his comeuppance fairly soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

diomed wrote: »
    Posted by Maughan, fan of street fighting, fan of driveway paving, fan of very large dogs .....

Fan of Chelsea

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

diomed wrote: »

Those bloody Japanese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

What a waste of oxygen that lad is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Political Wall Map

Ah apologies, I didn't see your follow up post.

Maybe use the sarcasm smiley instead of the normal one. Nothing about your first post suggests sarcasm at all. Now it just looks like you are back tracking after being quoted by people.

Glad you were ok after your push. Some idiots out there. Safe cycling.

Yeah my fault mate.... But I think that lad only shared the video on facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Counting to ten would be a ****ing challenge for cvnts like them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It only takes one moron scumbag to see that and decide it'll be a bit of craic to do for a serious injury to happen. In a country with blasphemy and other stupid laws, posting such a thing is to me incitement to crime/gba and he needs a serious talking to by Gardai not thatd it do much.

People who did it may someday be caught, but they'll get p*ss all of punishment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Can we stop with the anti-Traveller rhetoric?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭omri

Ya fckun squealer.

Were you the driver or the camera guy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I reported it- according to Facebook it doesn't violate their community standards!

I was on the bike, but a rat is a rat.

And an idiot will be an idiot. Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Locked pending review.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I am re-opening this on the basis that it has been gaining traction as a story on twitter, facebook etc. A number of posts in this thread have been deleted.

I am just as disgusted with the actions of the individual in the video as anyone. But we have to be absolutely clear - it is totally unacceptable to make general offensive comments as some of you have against travellers on this site. This is not just a forum charter matter - this is covered by the terms of use which you agreed to when you registered.

If you have a problem, PM me and I will be more than happy to discuss it. Do not respond to this post.

Note - Right Turn Clyde is no longer thread-banned following discussion via PM

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

I also reported the Vid on FB on the grounds that it encourages violence only to be told that it doesn't contravene their standards.

Maybe if enough people report it someone in FB-land will actually look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Shep_Dog

fillup wrote: »
    I also reported the Vid on FB on the grounds that it encourages violence only to be told that it doesn't contravene their standards.

Maybe if enough people report it someone in FB-land will actually look at it.

Report it to hotline.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

That's just sickening, I can't believe some of the comments under the video, people sharing it with their friends and saying we should do this, that looks hilarious. ffs!! whats wrong with people! I really hope that cyclist is ok.
    Over the last few months the media have been pushing a real anti-cyclist agenda, the last thing cyclists need are scumbags going around pushing them off their bikes for a laugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Shep_Dog wrote: »
    Report it to hotline.ie?
    What about Joe? 1850 715 815 (or is he still on leave?)

groovyg wrote: »
    That's just sickening, I can't believe some of the comments under the video, people sharing it with their friends and saying we should do this, that looks hilarious. ffs!! whats wrong with people! I really hope that cyclist is ok.
    Over the last few months the media have been pushing a real anti-cyclist agenda, the last thing cyclists need are scumbags going around pushing them off their bikes for a laugh!!

Not sure if this is anti-cyclist agenda - I think these guys are complete and utter morons and so it happened that they decided to do this "prank". Few years back at the bus stop outside rotunda a car was passing by, and one of the guys threw an egg at people waiting - I was lucky, the girl next to me wasn't. She got hit in the face... the idiots drove away laughing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

Knowing facebook this will be the new ice bucket challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

groovyg wrote: »

Somehow I doubt in their interactions with non-cyclists these people are exemplars of politeness... They're anti-human not anti-cyclists.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

omri wrote: »
    Not sure if this is anti-cyclist agenda - I think these guys are complete and utter morons and so it happened that they decided to do this "prank". Few years back at the bus stop outside rotunda a car was passing by, and one of the guys threw an egg at people waiting - I was lucky, the girl next to me wasn't. She got hit in the face... the idiots drove away laughing...

Know of at least one case of someone being permanently blinded by this.

Know of at least one case of someone being permanently blinded by this.

I just don't understand that in the "modern society" we happen to live, if perpetrator who caused such a harm to someone is caught why on earth isn't punished in the exact same way... sometimes an eye for an eye seems best way to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

316 wrote: »
    Knowing facebook this will be the new ice bucket challenge.

People are being nominated to do this......shocking.

We all got to be extra careful out there.

• Advertisement

micar wrote: »
    People are being nominated to do this......shocking.

We all got to be extra careful out there.

I suppose its time to invest in F and R camera.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement