Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scumbags knock cyclist of bike Video *mod warning post 50*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭The Ging and I

I hope that cyclist is ok ! Scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Political Wall Map

:):):):):):):):):)

Very funny.... It actually happened me going up Slade valley a few years ago.... Luckily enough i didn't come down but I literally couldn't stop laughing when I composed myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Such a scumbag thing to do. Unless they were friends with the person. It would still be kind of harsh but maybe they do that sort of thing to each other.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Very funny.... It actually happened me going up Slade valley a few years ago.... Luckily enough i didn't come down but I literally couldn't stop laughing when I composed myself..

Yeah, hilarious... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hopefully cyclist got reg.
    Wow what will they think of next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Only an idiot would find this funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Absolute dickheads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

They should get jail for it, throw the book at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What is wrong with people? How the fuçk can you find that funny. You've just pushed a cyclist off a bike into a ditch when there doing about 15km and your pushing them in a car doing what looms about 50km/60km.

What would be funnier is if the little scummer fell out the window doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Very funny.... .

It's not funny, it's fu@kin moronic, they could break someones neck with that sort of stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Dirty scumbags, hope they get caught.. And don't get out of it by saying "Suure 'tis in our culture boss...!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Hanna Fierce Tollbooth

I'm actually shocked.. Genuinely fooking shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Were you the one doing the pushing?

Get a grip ffs. This isn't funny.

I was actually being sarcastic.... As I said happened me going up Slade valley.... No chance of getting the reg when it happens though as it happens so quick... Did it happen to anyone else on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 GasBrakeHonk

Careful now - we don't do irony around here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭omri

I think gonna email that link to Gardai, it's just insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

I wonder how Pavee Point will try to defend that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gallant_JJ wrote: »

How did you deduce it was travellers in the car?

Regardless it's appalling behaviour

Did it happen to anyone else on this?

Thankfully no, but I was talking to a work mate during the week who was telling me that he's regularly had things thrown at him along his commute from Naas to Dún Laoghaire (along the N7)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Stheno wrote: »

if you look through some of the guys pictures on facebook it would appear that way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Stheno wrote: »

Absolutely. They may have been Koreans for all we know.

Gallant_JJ wrote: »

"Outrider/route clearance for a sulky race" ~ Spokesperson for Pavee Point :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

You have to think that apart from the sheer brain-deadness of this act, it may be inspired by all the anti-cyclist rhetoric you see on forums, social media and news/video articles...

Is this not a simple thing to track down or what? Can they track where the video was uploaded from or what happens ?

Its mad how people can go on like this. Like I understand the odd driver driving by to close or whatever as ****e happens but this kind of stuff is ridiculous.

Would love to see an artic coming in the opposite direction and pushing the scummers into the ditch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Is this not a simple thing to track down or what? Can they track where the video was uploaded from or what happens ?

Its mad how people can go on like this. Like I understand the odd driver driving by to close or whatever as ****e happens but this kind of stuff is ridiculous.

Would love to see an artic coming in the opposite direction and pushing the scummers into the ditch

A few minutes ago you thought it was hilarious. Make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭omri

I think just for the "new challenge boys" he should be fined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

What's shocking is the amount support this is getting on Facebook.....what a c_ntish thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

It's nearly happened to me on Manor Place in Stoneybatter before. the car was coming against me, and I copped the chap in the passenger seat was in a bit of a strange position with the window open, and ducked into a parking space about the same time the car passed, and the driver tried pushing out through the window.

Too busy not being injured to get car reg, but rang Gardai, said they'd had another few reports and would send a car 'round. In fairness they stopped by, and I saw them around the same time on that street a few times over the next week or so. Whilst horrible to be chucked into the ditch and bushes at speed, it happening in someplace like Stoneybatter where you're going to land on either a car, concrete or tarmac would be real nasty.

A few minutes ago you thought it was hilarious. Make up your mind.

As I said it was sarcasm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

omri wrote: »
    I think gonna email that link to Gardai, it's just insane.

I sent it on to them - hopefully they can do something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement