Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your setup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭championc

Basically, your dish is pointing at where the sun is at about 10am. You will be moving it to point towards the sun at 11am (I hope the sun shines, lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

UrbanFret wrote: »
    will that bracket I have purchased give me enough clearance?
    Did you show bracket you have purchased?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

RimaNTSS wrote: »
    Did you show bracket you have purchased?

This is the bracket i purchased.
    http://www.satworld.ie/t90-steel-wal...-diameter.html

I think that red line will be something about 50cm, so, should be enough

It says it can be used for ground mount either. Hopefully it will do the job.
    T_90_21410417600541143c011356.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I was probably too tired last night.... Zardoz is 100% right, of course T90 should be turned about 15* right if you look from behind of antenna.

No worries Rimants ,its rare that you are wrong buddy .
    You have been a mind of information to people on this forum and numerous others,keep up the good work.

Don't think I can achieve 50mm on wall. if I mount it on the ground Ilike in the photo i can get 60mm. Would this work do you think.

jhu1vo.jpg

This would be the direction the satellite would be facing if it was perpendicular to that wall.

whbs50.jpg

Have i even assembled it properly. There are other drilled holes I could have used. any ideas?

If you going to hang dish up on the wall then you should use another holes. If antenna is going to be installed on the ground (like on your picture now) than you have used right holes.

If you going to hang dish up on the wall then you should use another holes. If antenna is going to be installed on the ground (like on your picture now) than you have used right holes.

I changed the holes around. there's no difference. Will it work just as well on the ground? THe pole has to be plum vertically ,yes?

• Advertisement

For T90, pole, preferably should be plumb. Saying that, I say that it is possible to tune this nice dish also on not vertical pole, but that is not easy, especially in the beginning. So, make pole dead-plumb and it can also stay on the ground, it really does not matter for sat reception, it will only be obstacle for you, your wife, your kids, your pets, but, yes, can stay on the ground.

Ok thanks for the help so far. My next question what number should i be looking at in this window before i tighten everything up?

25frdix.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,641 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

This might be useful - Calculation of setting values for installing an WaveFrontier Toroidal antenna

http://www.satlex.us/en/wavefrontier_calc.html

This is what that site gives me. Am I right in thinking i need to line up 103 in that window?:confused:

2h50cch.jpg

For calculations you better use User-defined location, in this case inserting West orbital position 2.1
    So, LNB for Hotbird will be exactly in the center of the dish. This will ease tuning process. Good luck.

For calculations you better use User-defined location, in this case inserting West orbital position 2.1
    So, LNB for Hotbird will be exactly in the center of the dish. This will ease tuning process. Good luck.

Thanks. How do i get exactly 102.58 skew? Or will close to that suffice?

2ia3pma.jpg

Would this be about right for my location as per RimaNTSS post here? ScreenHunter_387 Jun. 19 06.26.jpg

seems more or less OK. You have weekend ahead- lots of time to try. Have fun.
    :)

Right I've only got around to setting this up. Having a bit of trouble centering it on hotbird 13 east. I thought i had it but I'm actually on 19.2 east. Looking at the picture do I need to turn more to the wall and would it be much?:confused:
    14nejgh.jpg

Right I've finally nailed down 13.0E. Now how do I calculate where to space the lnbs on the guide. The manual that comes with this dish is really poor. I want 26.0 east 19.2 east 16.0 east and 0.8west. Do I need to skew the lnbs at all? For instance to receive Thor at 0.8west do I locate the lnb approx 13 notchs to the right of centre?

• Advertisement

Now how do I calculate where to space the lnbs on the guide. The manual that comes with this dish is really poor. I want 26.0 east 19.2 east 16.0 east and 0.8west. Do I need to skew the lnbs at all? For instance to receive Thor at 0.8west do I locate the lnb approx 13 notchs to the right of centre?

The Wavefront calculator you have already used will tell you the position of the lnbs on the rail.
    There are marks on the lnb rail ,a notch for each mark and 5,10,15,20 is written on it too .

So you get the value from the calculator for each satellite you want .
    In this case
    28e=Left 15.1
    19e=Left 6.3
    16e=Left 3.1
    13e= 0 ,in the middle of the bar
    0.8w=Right 14

Left and right are relative to looking at the dish, face on from the front btw so the 28e lnb will be nearest the wall.

As for skew ,thats mostly trial and error ,just move it until you peak the signal.

I've managed 16.0 E and 19.2E no problem. Cannot get anything on 26E which was one I was hoping to get. What's my chances of getting 0.8W? What other sats might be worth having instead of 26E?

I've managed 16.0 E and 19.2E no problem. Cannot get anything on 26E which was one I was hoping to get. What's my chances of getting 0.8W? What other sats might be worth having instead of 26E?

Do you mean 28e instead of 26e ?
    28e is where Sky tv is ,26e is Badr ,its middle east tv ,you wont get that in Ireland on a T90.
    You need at least a 1m dish pointed directly at it to even pick up the stronger channels.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Do you mean 28e instead of 26e ?
    28e is where Sky tv is ,26e is Badr ,its middle east tv ,you wont get that in Ireland on a T90.
    You need at least a 1m dish pointed directly at it to even pick up the stronger channels.

Oh Crap I was hoping to get that badr for the footie. I have 28E no problem on the t90, What else should i be looking at.
    View for thor 0.8w
    r1iq0h.jpg

here's what i have so far
    f19uon.jpg

What's my chances of getting 0.8W? What other sats might be worth having instead of 26E?

Give 0.8w a go ,it will be a good test for your setup if you can receive it .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Give 0.8w a go ,it will be a good test for your setup if you can receive it .

Varies between 65% and 30%, as it happens there's not much on it. Where will i go next so?

28bqu0z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There's not much in English on any of them. You said you wanted 26 East for football. You probably know that there are three satellites at 26 East, Badr 4, 5 and 6. Badr 4 is the only one which can be received in Ireland. As far as I know the only football on any of them is mostly from places like Saudi and Kuwait plus some Bundesliga.

There was some movie channels on 26.0E as well I was told. It was really an experiment to see what I could and couldn't manage to get. I have a multi switch I need to get sorted next. any tutorials on setting it up on a vix image anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

There was some movie channels on 26.0E as well I was told. It was really an experiment to see what I could and couldn't manage to get. I have a multi switch I need to get sorted next. any tutorials on setting it up on a vix image anywhere?

Try the MBC transponder on badr 4. You should be able to get that.
    11.919 H 27500 3/4

• Advertisement

snaps wrote: »
    Try the MBC transponder on badr 4. You should be able to get that.
    11.919 H 27500 3/4

Not a peep mate. Thanks anyway.

My last "toy" - old toroidal plastic dish made in Sweden long long time ago. Did some work on it's renovation and some modification. Now it gets 13 satellite positions from 45*E to 4*W. Reception on each LNB is more or less equivalent to 1m usual offset dish. Just waiting for additional 40mm pipe-clamps to finish this game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

My last "toy" - old toroidal plastic dish made in Sweden long long time ago. Did some work on it's renovation and some modification. Now it gets 13 satellite positions from 45*E to 4*W. Reception on each LNB is more or less equivalent to 1m usual offset dish. Just waiting for additional 40mm pipe-clamps to finish this game :)

Most excellent!

I love that lower and higher bracket idea that allows individual lnb tuning. Is the horizontal bar strong enough ?

I actually bought one a while back but it was too flimsy. It was a good idea but the tubing was made of some form of light alloy that would snap from tightening. Its a fine balance act I suppose between being strong enough to hold 7 or 8 holders and not being too heavy for the main arm.

-font-b-Multi-b-font-Feed-font-b-LNB-b-font-font-b-Holder-b.jpg

Its a pity that the like of triax havent implemented such an idea for their TD range tather than those awful multi lnb brackets which dont allow for individual vertical alignment.

STB. wrote: »
    Is the horizontal bar strong enough ?
    Thanks! Do you see that bar badly bended? :p I do not! It is 8mm INOX threaded bar, not so easy to be bend. I made every part for this SMW dish multifeed out of INOX.
    However, also galvanized fasteners could do the job. You can buy all parts in Home-Depot-type store and just put them together as a LOGO parts and mount them to any dish you have. And it costs - nothing (relatively of course)
    For vertical LNB-support struts even 6mm will be more than enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I've updated things at GM HQ.

Got a VU plus dual tuner with 2 TB HD.

Installed a 10x1 diseqc box and renewed some perished 4x1 boxes.

I have Nilesat and Arabsat connected in four locations.

I have installed Eutel 9 degrees on the T-90 using a Venton Rocket head quad LNB. This used for receiving the M6 HD package.

I installed a single LNB for Astra 4.9 east for the VU plus.

I include a few pics for your consideration. :-)

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

July_12_16_1.jpg

July_12_16_2.jpg

July_12_16_4.jpg

July_12_16_5.jpg

July_12_16_6.jpg

Neat job @Greenman! I have almost nothing to update on setup, just digged "small" hole, preparing it to be filled with > than 10 tons of cement.

• Advertisement

Neat job @Greenman! I have almost nothing to update on setup, just digged "small" hole, preparing it to be filled with > than 10 tons of cement.

Well Rimant thanks to you getting me those T-90 clamps all those years ago you made the T-90 dish very easy to setup. Thanks again. smile.png

I'm happy my Belgian sat friend prodded me into getting the VU plus, I'm slow to change but I will always admit if I see an improvement.

Keep us posted on your 10 ton setup.

Grtz JD.smile.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Holy feck.

Seriously, how do both of ye get these past your wives.

I thought I was doing well with a motorised TD110 on a pole and TD88 stationary with 8 diseqc.

That stuff is whole new level. Going to use these as bargaining points.

I do not touch her dishes in the kitchen, she does not care about my dishes in the yard. :angel:

Check out 8 years ago.

I'm sure your wife would love this. smile.png

Setup_03-01-08_1.jpg

STB. wrote: »
    Holy feck.

Seriously, how do both of ye get these past your wives.

I thought I was doing well with a motorised TD110 on a pole and TD88 stationary with 8 diseqc.

That stuff is whole new level. Going to use these as bargaining points.

This creation was for her. So she will never complain.

She watches TV 24/7.

She does the kitchen I do the garden.

Plus the woman should support her man and his hobbies and vise versa which I do.

Finally "she is old school"

More pics to follow.smile.png

• Advertisement

On the other side of the SAT HQ I've got this guy.

It's a CM 1.2 mt.

ATM it's 35 east to 15 west. I'm changing things there. Going to 30 east to 60 east or 10 west to 50 west . Would not have an idea what I would get out there.

Suggestions welcome.

I have an AZbox doing nothing so I can use it for feeds.

JD.

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Sad times for me, after 30 odd years in this hobby (from d2mac days), I've started to dismantle my set up. Times have moved on in the way we view tv, with traditional tv viewing old hat and a bit dead in the water (pay tv has ruined everything).
    I'm going to keep my 1.1m up for feeds and some FTA stuff, but I've moved away from satellite viewing to terrestrial and internet only.
    Hopefully something may change, but I'm afraid satellite may soon be obsolete due to IPTV and the internet.
    I'll still be around these boards, I'm sure looking for feeds from time to time.
    My fixed dishes have now come down and my TVs around the house have no decoders under them.
    Wondering how many of ye are cutting back now?
    Snaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

I think that's the future, in my house for teenagers tv viewing satellite and terrestrial is dead, not dying Dead.

The teenagers are watching everything over the Internet with iPad, Android devices.

Far from dead. Streaming is not an option in most of rural ireland, (hell you'd be lucky to send an email). Until that changes satellite is the only option and long may it continue.:P:P:P:P

As per my display above sat tv/radio far from dead.

I listen to sat radio RTE Radio 1, NT 106,BBC Radio WS, 4,4 Extra, Five live,LBC and NPR from early morning to evening. TV in the evening and net radio beside my bed using a pillow speaker so not to disturb "The boss".

If TV was gone I would not miss it but "The Boss" would, my wonderful display is all for her.

Re the kiddies, they never ever watch TV as we know it, it's all tablet based.

"Snaps" Is it because you are in Poland that you have lost interest in sat?

Just to stay on topic a pic. :-)

IMG-1465478942491-V.jpg

I also almost not watching TV, but it is almost always ON, usually cartoons :). In the late time I switch to some movie channel and drop off in a cozy chair. But, to be on topic, there is my yesterday's install:
    img-20160729-114032-custom-_imagesia-com_19h75_small.jpg img-20160729-114100-custom-_imagesia-com_19h76_small.jpg

I also almost not watching TV, but it is almost always ON, usually cartoons :). In the late time I switch to some movie channel and drop off in a cozy chair. But, to be on topic, there is my yesterday's install:

img-20160729-114100-custom-_imagesia-com_19h76.jpg

img-20160729-114032-custom-_imagesia-com_19h75.jpg

Lovely clean install as per usual.smile.png

Is that a 1.8 ?

Did you get it for a great price?smile.png

If you find a I.8 tell me and we can talk. smile.png

I am getting all the dishes at a great price :angel:, but, anyway, please, do not tell my wife :ermm:
    Yes it is 1,8m Channel Master. From time to time they appear for sale for a bargain price.

Next to 1,8m Channel Master, I have small (3,5x3,5x0,4m) concrete platform for slightly bigger dish. Some elements of this bigger dish (Pedestal Mount, drum and actuators) already took their place. img-20160730-215530-custom-_imagesia-com_19how_small.jpg

Looking good, I still like the CM 1.8M, I might look around for one. smile.png

Keep the pics coming R.

• Advertisement
Advertisement