Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Accommodation or have Rooms to let? Look here.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 whishtup

Hi. I will doing Precision Engineering for a year in LIT from September. I'll be going as a 33 year old mature(ish) student. I love the craic but I've grown up a bit since my first stint in college! I'm wondering where are the best places to be looking for accomodation or if anyone has anything available. Thanks.

Hi. Im in a similar position to you. Headin to LIT to do quantity surveying for the year. Im 33 aswell. Just wondering did u find out any info on best places to live?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pidgeoneyes

whishtup wrote: »
    Hi. Im in a similar position to you. Headin to LIT to do quantity surveying for the year. Im 33 aswell. Just wondering did u find out any info on best places to live?

How's things! The only info I've found is on Boards. The Old Cratloe road seems a bit dodgy in parts. I'm probably going to try get a place somewhere around Caherdavin, Ennis Rd, Mayorstone. Not sure if any of the student apartments are over 30's student suitable. I've got the car but don't want to be too far away from LIT either. I'm off work next week so hoping to organise something then.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

Anybody else Looking for accommodation in Thurles? I hope to start in september doing strength and conditioning,Anybody able to point me in the right direction?Or even any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ch20

kcera wrote: »
    Anybody else Looking for accommodation in Thurles? I hope to start in september doing strength and conditioning,Anybody able to point me in the right direction?Or even any recommendations?

your best bet would either Stradavoher Student Village

http://www.daft.ie/tipperary/houses-for-rent/thurles/stradavoher-student-village-stradavoher-court-thurles-tipperary-1576342/

or the Gasworks
    http://www.daft.ie/tipperary/apartments-for-rent/thurles/gasworks-stradavoher-thurles-tipperary-1576703/

the student village would be mostly first years and the gasworks would be a mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 viperockz

Any rooms near LIT

Was just looking up on there website

http://www.lit.ie/Accommodation/default.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 badger93

Room available in a house share 5 mins walk from LIT. Guy or girl. PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seimhin

hello :) did you find anywhere yet? I'm in the same boat as you! I'm a 19yr old girl doing fine art in LIT do you know anyone looking for a housemate still at this stage? I start this monday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

No text speak please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 EmmaLinnane

I'm hoping to start college in LIT next September (2016). I did one year in UL last year and am taking a year out this year to save up some money.
    I will be 20/21 when I go back into 1st year, so I was wondering what kind of accomodation I should look into?
    any specific places that generally house older students? I don't know anyone in LIT so it's really not an option to live with friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

I'm hoping to start college in LIT next September (2016). I did one year in UL last year and am taking a year out this year to save up some money.
    I will be 20/21 when I go back into 1st year, so I was wondering what kind of accomodation I should look into?
    any specific places that generally house older students? I don't know anyone in LIT so it's really not an option to live with friends!

My young fella just moved into Thomond village - there seem to be plenty of more mature students about (although certain areas are definitely "party central"). I think you could ring up and find out if you can specify an apartment share with an older crowd? It's as cheap as you can find in Limerick tbf - broadband included, and the security is comforting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 davidlimerick

Look at Rhebogue too. On a bike no problem. It wouldnt be worth driving there unless you are getting the free car parking.

Advertisement