Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for Accommodation or have Rooms to let? Look here.

• 30-06-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭

One of the more common questions in this forum is about student accommodation.

There are two student villages on Old Cratloe Rd.

Cratloe Woods
    Thomond Village

Closer to the city is Rice's Corner. They don't have a website so you'll just have to google them and see what rooms they have.

There are other estates around the college such as Dooneen Rd, Kilbranish Rd, Caherdavin Gardens and Coleraine Heights. Use daft.ie to find rooms to rent in those areas under the Caherdavin area.

Please don't start new threads about accommodation. Ask for more info here.

There is also a Third Level Accommodation Thread if you are looking for or have rooms available to advertise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Does anyone know what the Grove Island student accommodation is like? I've only seen floor plans, there's no photos on their site.

Are there any good or bad things I should know about it? I'm thinking of staying there if I get my course.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the Grove Island student accommodation is like? I've only seen floor plans, there's no photos on their site.

Are there any good or bad things I should know about it? I'm thinking of staying there if I get my course.
    Are you going to the art college?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Are you going to the art college?

Yeah if I get my course. I know Grove Island is near enough to the art college I'm just wondering what the accommodation is like and what it's like to live there if anyone here knows.

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Yeah if I get my course. I know Grove Island is near enough to the art college I'm just wondering what the accommodation is like and what it's like to live there if anyone here knows.

I have no experience there myself but was just making sure you weren't out in Moylish campus. I had a housemate for a week in first year in Cratloe but she was in the Art college. She didn't realise they were separate and she had to look for accommodation in Grove Island a week into the course coz she was wrecked and broke from having to get buses in and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

There is also the option of Harriston student village which is in front on Cratloe. Its that bit more expensive but the apartments are nicer than Cratloe/Thomond
    http://www.harriston.ie/rates.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ollie182

What student residentials are closest to the Art College? And the cheapest? :D

Grove Island I'd say although I've never been there or the art college.

http://www.groveisland.com/location.htm

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Grove Island I'd say although I've never been there or the art college.

http://www.groveisland.com/location.htm

Cheers ya big big chocolatey bar ya!:D

Ollie182 wrote: »
    Cheers ya big big chocolatey bar ya!:D

You are welcome! :D

I love the way their bedrooms all have en-suites.. but don't really like why theyre specifying that the tv's are colour.. haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

Looking for one person to share a house for the college year. In the Haymarket - great location very close to college, train station and town. Will be living with a Hdip student, recent LSAD graduate working in viscom and fourth year ceramic student, were all lovely and need to find a 4th person for the college year. Please contact if interested as we are trying to get sorted as soon as possible! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 22 richie9222

Anyone looking for someone to fill a room in a house around LIT? ill be a 4th year student so looking for people around the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Anybody looking for house share in Clonmel for the upcoming year? Im a second year multimedia student. Any area of the town really apart from Hughes Mills...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 irish12345

hows things im a 28 year old guy starting a mature student course is anyone on for getting a few people together and getting a place let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 22 richie9222

anybody getting 4th years together?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yellowcaravan7

Accommodation near LSAD on Clare street required for 2nd year Fine Art mature student. Quiet responsible non-smoker. I need accommodation on three nights weekly, Mon-Wed. Ideally I would like an en-suite room, in a quiet house, not more than a 10 minute walk from LSAD. I don't need meals provided but I would like to have access to kitchen just to make my own breakfast and tea in the evening. If you have a spare room available and would like to earn some money from having a quiet lodger, please message me. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Hey guys. I am a first year mature student and I need help. I rang a guy who said he would rent me a room in his apartment if I found two more flatmates. Its a really good offer its fifty a week and the only bills is electricity. PM me if interested.

Hey guys. I am a first year mature student and I need help. I rang a guy who said he would rent me a room in his apartment if I found two more flatmates. Its a really good offer its fifty a week and the only bills is electricity. PM me if interested.

Hi
    I am 2nd year mature student
    Looking for accommodation close to Lsad
    Where is the apartment?
    Message me back please :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Hi
    I am 2nd year mature student
    Looking for accommodation close to Lsad
    Where is the apartment?
    Message me back please :-)

PM

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

Double bedroom en suite to rent out at steamboat quay opposite the clarion hotel for 200 a month, 2 floors, clean, no pets, no smoking, if anyone is interested? we really need someone as our previous roommate is leaving. We need somebody before October. So PM me.

• Advertisement

Hi
    can you tell me is this accommodation still available?
    I am a 2nd year student at LSAD, quiet non smoker, mature, responsible.
    Late September/early October move in date is fine.
    pm me back or text me please just to let me know if it's gone.
    thanks a million,
    Frances
    <Snip> No phone numbers please

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pidgeoneyes

Hi. I will doing Precision Engineering for a year in LIT from September. I'll be going as a 33 year old mature(ish) student. I love the craic but I've grown up a bit since my first stint in college! I'm wondering where are the best places to be looking for accomodation or if anyone has anything available. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 harajukubarbie

Hi all,
    Looking for a room close to LIT. I'm 22, so people in or around that age would be great, guys or girls I don't mind. Please let me know if you know of anything, or where would be the best place to look? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hilyardo

Hi all,
    Looking for a room close to LIT. I'm 22, so people in or around that age would be great, guys or girls I don't mind. Please let me know if you know of anything, or where would be the best place to look? Thanks :)
    I am moving down in september any idea on anywhere?

hilyardo wrote: »
    I am moving down in september any idea on anywhere?

No haven't found anything yet, just want to be max 10 mins walk from the college.

No haven't found anything yet, just want to be max 10 mins walk from the college.

Well I wanna start looking soon as i wanna find somewhere half decent and not some **** hole i have been looking on daft and found some decent places

hilyardo wrote: »
    Well I wanna start looking soon as i wanna find somewhere half decent and not some **** hole i have been looking on daft and found some decent places

I was looking of Daft too, but couldn't really see anything decent within walking distance.

I was looking of Daft too, but couldn't really see anything decent within walking distance.

Grrrr it wont let me post a link but if you search college cribs then search for near lit then select within 1 km there are three options :)

I'm still looking for accommodation if anyone knows of anywhere or sites to look.

• Advertisement

Anyone looking to get a house share going close to LSAD for the academic year? I'm in my early twenties. Pm if you're interested!

Advertisement