Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most Anticipated Records of 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Chimera88

Corholio wrote: »
    New Everything Everything album definitely. Absolutely loved 'Arc' and sonically one of the best sounding albums of the last few years.

Definitely second this one. They posted on Twitter not so long ago saying 'if you release a totally happy album this year then you're a liar,' so I'd expect it to be a little on the dark side...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Radiohead album might not be out this year. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

'I Love you, Honeybear' is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. I have been listening solidly to it for the last couple of weeks. It's not as immediate as 'Fear Fun', but it fits together so well, I find it hard to start it without playing it from start to finish. Absolutely love the lyrics....'The Night Josh Tillman Came to our Apartment' is pretty damn dark.

Roll on the gig in Whelans at the end of the month. I actually can't believe it hasn't been moved to a bigger venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Transfixation from A -Place to bury strangers is due Feb 17. Not sure how much I will like it based on the singles so far.
    I think the EP onwards towards to the wall(2012) is a masterpiece and what got me into them initially.
    Here's a few tracks from that EP ..hoping these might be on the setlist for the workmans gig although unlikely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Transfixation from A -Place to bury strangers is due Feb 17. Not sure how much I will like it based on the singles so far.
    Their last album was a huge disappointment so I don't have high hopes for their new one. If they can deliver something on par with their debut and Exploding Head I will be a very happy camper.

• Advertisement

Their last album was a huge disappointment so I don't have high hopes for their new one. If they can deliver something on par with their debut and Exploding Head I will be a very happy camper.

Agreeded I tried to get into Worship but seemed to lack a melody in amongst all the noise and distortion. See they announced ZzZ are support act for European Tour ..was hoping for Creepoid who supported in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Really looking forward to the debut from Ibeyi after hearing a 3 or 4 of the tracks in the last few weeks.

Think its released this Monday.

Edit: Seems to have been pushed forward and is out today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Slowest clock - this Dublin band's album from 25 years ago is finally released. Could have done with remastering.

Torres releases her second album Sprinter in May: http://pitchfork.com/news/58236-torres-announces-new-album-sprinter-shares-strange-hellos/

Her first album was really good, "Jealousy and I" and "When Winter's Over" were two of my favourite tracks from 2013 so am hoping this one will be just as good or better. :)

• Advertisement

First track from Sufjans' new album 'Carrie & Lowell'

Lower Dens "Escape from Evil" out March 30, 2015.
    This is outrageously good...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Editors look to be releasing a new album very soon too. TWOYL was very average IMO hoping for an improvement there.

More importantly means more live gigs, one of the best live acts for me, simply mesmerising.

That transfixation album is class,some great tracks and their best album to date.
    http://www.punknews.org/review/13303/a-place-to-bury-strangers-transfixiation

The new Chromatics album Dear Tommy is out very soon. No official release date seems to be given. Here's a song already released:

Chromatics - Just Like You

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mart1977

Hail The Ghost album ....Kieran O'Reilly from Love/Hate's new band......Just released and etting good reviews on the Ticket and Hot Press etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭mosstin

mart1977 wrote: »
    Hail The Ghost album ....Kieran O'Reilly from Love/Hate's new band......Just released and etting good reviews on the Ticket and Hot Press etc

Two reasons there I'll not be listening to it.

New Staves album out, produced by Justin Vernon, fantastic.....

I think the EP onwards towards to the wall(2012) is a masterpiece and what got me into them initially.
    Here's a few tracks from that EP ..hoping these might be on the setlist for the workmans gig although unlikely!!
    /QUOTE]

Cant believe they played these songs ..maybe they where looking at boards...

The new Alpine album Yuck is out on 12th of June. Here's the first single.

• Advertisement

New track from Ought, Album 'Sun Coming Down' due September 18th

https://soundcloud.com/constellation-records/ought-beautiful-blue-sky

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭zenarcadian

Most of the records I'm waiting for or have laid ears on are Irish - so far this year, we have Jape, Shardborne, Naive Ted, Fight Like Apes, Le Galaxie, Ilenkus, little xs for eyes, ASIWYFA, Young Wonder.

Later this year, Hope is Noise, the Altered Hours, The Vincent(s), Laura Sheeran, Elastic Sleep, and who knows how much else more.

Who needs any more than what we have here?

Some upcoming releases to look forward to:

Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss (Aug. 7th)
    Beach House - Depression Cherry (Aug. 28th)
    Girl Band - Holding Hands With Jamie (Sept. 25th)
    Julia Holter - Have You in My Wilderness (Sept. 25th)
    Low - Ones and Sixes (Sept. 11th)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Leon Bridges - Coming home - not my usual genre but quite enjoying the album !

Some upcoming releases to look forward to:

Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss (Aug. 7th)
    Beach House - Depression Cherry (Aug. 28th)
    Girl Band - Holding Hands With Jamie (Sept. 25th)
    Julia Holter - Have You in My Wilderness (Sept. 25th)
    Low - Ones and Sixes (Sept. 11th)

Looking forward to the new Beach House one. I was a bit disappointed with Bloom because it felt very safe and samey but "Sparks" is an excellent first single from the new one; hoping the rest of the album is of a similar standard!

Looking forward to the new Beach House one. I was a bit disappointed with Bloom because it felt very safe and samey but "Sparks" is an excellent first single from the new one; hoping the rest of the album is of a similar standard!
    I hold Bloom and Teen Dream in the same esteem. But there's not much evolution between them.

In other news, Chvrches reveal details of their new album Every Open Eye due out on September 25th.
    https://www.list.co.uk/article/72549-everything-we-know-about-chvrches-new-album-every-open-eye/

Edit: fucking hell this album is going to be awesome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

a deeply uninspiring year thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭mosstin

donfers wrote: »
    a deeply uninspiring year thus far

Ha, bull****. There have been some excellent records released this year and lots more to come.
    The new Four Tet record ' Morning/Evening' is lovely. Two tracks, both around 19 minutes long - hypnotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

There is a new Wilco album out today, and it's free to download on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

seachto7 wrote: »
    There is a new Wilco album out today, and it's free to download on their website.

high hopes for this, cheers a mhac

Advertisement