Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Anticipated Records of 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

New track from Ought, Album 'Sun Coming Down' due September 18th

https://soundcloud.com/constellation-records/ought-beautiful-blue-sky

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭zenarcadian

Most of the records I'm waiting for or have laid ears on are Irish - so far this year, we have Jape, Shardborne, Naive Ted, Fight Like Apes, Le Galaxie, Ilenkus, little xs for eyes, ASIWYFA, Young Wonder.

Later this year, Hope is Noise, the Altered Hours, The Vincent(s), Laura Sheeran, Elastic Sleep, and who knows how much else more.

Who needs any more than what we have here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Some upcoming releases to look forward to:

Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss (Aug. 7th)
    Beach House - Depression Cherry (Aug. 28th)
    Girl Band - Holding Hands With Jamie (Sept. 25th)
    Julia Holter - Have You in My Wilderness (Sept. 25th)
    Low - Ones and Sixes (Sept. 11th)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

Leon Bridges - Coming home - not my usual genre but quite enjoying the album !

Some upcoming releases to look forward to:

Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss (Aug. 7th)
    Beach House - Depression Cherry (Aug. 28th)
    Girl Band - Holding Hands With Jamie (Sept. 25th)
    Julia Holter - Have You in My Wilderness (Sept. 25th)
    Low - Ones and Sixes (Sept. 11th)

Looking forward to the new Beach House one. I was a bit disappointed with Bloom because it felt very safe and samey but "Sparks" is an excellent first single from the new one; hoping the rest of the album is of a similar standard!

Looking forward to the new Beach House one. I was a bit disappointed with Bloom because it felt very safe and samey but "Sparks" is an excellent first single from the new one; hoping the rest of the album is of a similar standard!
    I hold Bloom and Teen Dream in the same esteem. But there's not much evolution between them.

In other news, Chvrches reveal details of their new album Every Open Eye due out on September 25th.
    https://www.list.co.uk/article/72549-everything-we-know-about-chvrches-new-album-every-open-eye/

Edit: fucking hell this album is going to be awesome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

a deeply uninspiring year thus far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭mosstin

donfers wrote: »
    a deeply uninspiring year thus far

Ha, bull****. There have been some excellent records released this year and lots more to come.
    The new Four Tet record ' Morning/Evening' is lovely. Two tracks, both around 19 minutes long - hypnotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

There is a new Wilco album out today, and it's free to download on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

seachto7 wrote: »
    There is a new Wilco album out today, and it's free to download on their website.

high hopes for this, cheers a mhac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

I was expecting the tame impala album to be a bit of a let down. I got it yesterday and I think its great.
    Looking forward to the Beach House album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

iomega wrote: »
    I was expecting the tame impala album to be a bit of a let down. I got it yesterday and I think its great.
    Looking forward to the Beach House album.

Yup its very good gets better with each listen. still doesn't top lonerism as their best work which is no surprise.

Ducktails have a new album out in the next few days...must check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

ricero wrote: »
    Yup its very good gets better with each listen. still doesn't top lonerism as their best work which is no surprise.

Love Lonerism, but I think Innerspeaker is even better. Don't think I'm going to like the new album as much, but I've only hear it once so far. To me 'Cause I'm a man is their worst song ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭Nom De Guerre

What are the best guitar based indie/alternative albums so far this year?

• Advertisement

Colleen Green's 'I Want to Grow Up' is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Viet Cong

Sprinter by Torres is another contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Viet Cong's self titled debut is a bloody cracker. Best album of the year if not in the last few years IMO. Listen to "Silhouettes"

Just listened to 'Continental Shelf' there and absolutely love.

Going to buy the album now, cheers guys :)

• Advertisement

Colleen Green's 'I Want to Grow Up' is one of them.

Love it! :D

New Flying Saucer Attack album out - Instrumentals 2015. Really excellent. 15, yes, instrumental pieces. First album from them in 15 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Looking forward to Kurt Vile's new record out this September, new song sounds musch in the same vein as his more mellow stuff rather than his last album:

Also, new Libertines album purely because they are one of my favourite bands and because I never expected to get new material from them at any stage.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Yucatan, a Welsh band, new album just out is a beaut. Blissful, dreamy, lush. Sigur Ros would be an obvious comparison. But if you don't like Sigur Ros please don't be put off.

http://www.yucatan.cymru/

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

EL VY have an album coming out in October and playing Whelan's in December.

It's Matt from The National and Brent Knopf from Menomena, the first single is pretty sweet.

Ssssshhhhh you could have waited until tomorrow telling people after I got my ticket in morning ; >!!

ah! I suppose I'll have to buy 9 now just to throw your odds off more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

New Richard Hawley album out next month.. first two singles sound the business... also playing Vicar St...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

whatever76 wrote: »
    Ssssshhhhh you could have waited until tomorrow telling people after I got my ticket in morning ; >!!

I've been very quiet about this for the same reason. Managed to get my tickets this morning. Checked again at 9.08 and they were sold out.

Very strange. Ticketmaster saying any were none available, then that they were receiving none from the venue. Tried the Whelan's website and it said sold out, came back a couple minutes later and it seems to be working.. just waiting on the confirmation email now.

• Advertisement

I've been very quiet about this for the same reason. Managed to get my tickets this morning. Checked again at 9.08 and they were sold out.

Yea I was in at 9 on the button and managed to get 2 tickets - I guessed as much that this would sell out in minutes due to # of tickets being whelans - Would not be surprised if there is a venue change or more dates added !
    Either way will be going !!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

heebusjeebus, out of couriosity, you get tickets using the ticketmaster website or app on phone? No joy here - was on website at 9:00am sharp :-(

ebowdia wrote: »
    heebusjeebus, out of couriosity, you get tickets using the ticketmaster website or app on phone? No joy here - was on website at 9:00am sharp :-(

I did it on the app. I'm finding the app a lot easier to work with these days.

I'm not sure about extra dates as it's currently the last date of the tour. Hopefully they'll go out with a bang.

The app seems a lot smoother and faster alright - will be trying that in the future me thinks. Enjoy the gig!

Tickets for El Vy seem to be back again on Ticketmaster but the venue has changed to Vicars Street.

Tickets for El Vy seem to be back again on Ticketmaster but the venue has changed to Vicars Street.

Well I guessed as much was surprised when I saw Ireland's venue - Whelan's was way to small even though it would have been perfect !!!

Ah nice, whelans would have been amazing but vicar street is far more appropriate.

Thanks for the Vicar St heads-up guys, sorted :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 24 Hours From Tulsa

New Ollie Cole album is class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

New FKA Twigs EP out - M3LL155XX

Streaming on Spotify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Pretty confident Joanna Newsom will release something new by the end of the year. Super excited to see what she'll do next.
    :)

New Indelicates album on the way in October.

http://www.indelicates.com/elevator/

(Scroll down the page for an excellent video).

New Widowspeak album due in September. I really liked their Almanac album. Rustic americana with hazey shoegaze female vox on top.

Dyed in the wool from Almanac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oDJwE-J07E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Le Surge Eyed Amant

Fidlar's new album "Too" is out on the 4th of this month, should be good. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Been listening to Anthems for Doomed Youth all day.

Pretty good.

Ok, not 2015, but Teenage Fanclub have a new album ready for release early 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

mosstin wrote: »
    Ok, not 2015, but Teenage Fanclub have a new album ready for release early 2016.

They don't like to rush things, do they?? Love TFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

New DIIV, album coming soon. Cannot Wait!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Another track from the Joanna Newsom album. Shaping up nicely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement