Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

baza Rakus wrote: »
    And fools seldom differ! :)

I don't like the changes. What's the point in having £900m in the bank if you can't buy concerns off??

Ya some changes aren't the best but sure you'd have to imagine it'll go by feedback as to whether they implement it or not. They can't risk putting in changes that nobody wants as they won't see as much new GWs and therefore less money for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Colemania wrote: »
    Ya some changes aren't the best but sure you'd have to imagine it'll go by feedback as to whether they implement it or not. They can't risk putting in changes that nobody wants as they won't see as much new GWs and therefore less money for them!

Bottom line is they are trying to make the game better, more fun, more fair. They will succeed with some stuff, some will be disappointed and some will find ways to work around whatever measures they introuduce to "stop player hogging". At the end of the day (oh to be able to talk about footy without using these phrases) the best way to prevent player hogging is to have as many teams managed as possible (from the start).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Hmmmm - Timothee Kolodziejczak only. only gets a +1 to 88 - pathetic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

The one thing they really need to do is remove chairman blocking on loans. I have loads of 87's I could loan out and the bastard would block it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mourinho wrote: »
    The one thing they really need to do is remove chairman blocking on loans. I have loads of 87's I could loan out and the bastard would block it.

I've a load of 86 and 87 players that I don't need, pain in the hole

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

baza Rakus wrote: »
    And fools seldom differ! :)

I don't like the changes. What's the point in having £900m in the bank if you can't buy concerns off?

I disagree. I'd be a fan of disabling the ability to pay off concerns as it should go some way to reduce player hogging. I know you're going to come back with the example in Gold Championship 1 where the Spartak guy managed to hog all the players yet rarely have concern problems, but I'd imagine that's quite rare. Most managers wouldn't be able to keep all their stars happy like that.

At the end of the day, it takes a while, and a lot of unplayed matches from the players perspective, for that player to reach a concern level of five, in which case should he really be at that club in the first place, or would it be better if he was at a team that would actually use him. I certainly know which one I'd prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,975 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I'd be more in favour of the squad cap than chairmen allowing higher rated players out on loan.

They have said they plan to address the hogging of players.

I am the mighty Dagenham and Redbridge in the test world, feel bad having two teams now it is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

They could add a setting when setting up custom worlds where yo can select the max size of squads rather than a blanket ... cap in all GWs is now X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Mourinho wrote: »

em, i'll let you in on a secret.......
    the trick is to swap and swap back when you both agree the "loan" is up, you just have to trust the other manager your dealing with to do this.
    ;)

pinky promise you wont tell the anti transfer mafia cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

just noticed that Leali, Rajkovic, Mvogo and Hassen all got rises, not bad for a combined transfer fee of 800k for the lot. my goalkeeper position is hotting up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I've 3 88's with concerns. Anybody fancy swapping them and then swapping back after the bans?

Would have to be reliable managers tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Delph and vardy both get plus 1. Jelavic a drop though. Thought vardy would get a bigger rise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Wilberto wrote:
    I disagree. I'd be a fan of disabling the ability to pay off concerns as it should go some way to reduce player hogging. I know you're going to come back with the example in Gold Championship 1 where the Spartak guy managed to hog all the players yet rarely have concern problems, but I'd imagine that's quite rare. Most managers wouldn't be able to keep all their stars happy like that.

Wilberto wrote:
    At the end of the day, it takes a while, and a lot of unplayed matches from the players perspective, for that player to reach a concern level of five, in which case should he really be at that club in the first place, or would it be better if he was at a team that would actually use him. I certainly know which one I'd prefer.

Million percent agree with every word of this! Now if you have a star player on the bench in case your playing star player gets injured or something you can't just keep him there anymore..

It all boils down to more player availability on the market and even more than that, it will force managers to actually manage their squads if they do want to try keep all these players..

It's something that had to happen imo....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Wilberto wrote: »

You're wrong a billion percent. Whilst I do abhor change, this is more a mental problem I have myself. I like everyting staying the same always. When I said this

"What's the point in having £900m in the bank if you can't buy concerns off?" I meant it as a joke, a quip if you will, referring to the fact I manage now Spartak in Gold 1 now and I have - you guessed it - £900m in the bank. But I guess it's my mistake as jokes haven't really worked if you have to explain them.

Look - they'll make some changes or they won't. I just hope they don't use too heavy a hand and ruin the game I love. I do however maintain that the "avoiding player hogging" has become a bit of an unhealthy obsession for many players and the SMFA. Where I don't see it happening is gws (like boards for e.g.) which have been healthily filled up from the off. Where you have 80 team gws with less than 15 managers you will almost inevitably get player hogging (and it will be very difficult to stop it).

I've been lucky in that while playing bad myself so have those around me. Really need a win tonight to get back on track. 2 points from the last 15, shocking form!!

Home V A.C, I'll predict 3-1 an Icardi brace and Aguero to top it off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I promised myself I'd sign him as soon as he was added to the database. Granted, he's not quite the hot prospect as he once was, but a promise is a promise.

Free Agent Jean CHERA has completed his move to Estudiantes de LP for 8,000

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SL Benfica outclassed Zenit and beat them 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Džeko scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Musa and Montolivo were also amongst the goalscorers.

My biggest win to date I believe :) Unbeaten in 6, hopefully keep the good form going til the end.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Another win, first time against Napoli as well.

Paris Saint-Germain beat SSC Napoli 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Sirigu had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Ménez and Mandžukić were amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Just wondering : 'whats the weather like in Div2?"

FC Porto slumped to a 4 - 1 defeat to AS Roma in their Division 1 fixture.
    Trigueros was on the scoresheet for his side.

Slip slip slipping away :(

1-1 with AC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

12 shots on target to 4 and yet we lose 4 1 to Lyon :mad::mad::mad:

Only 3 points clear of 7th place Boca now....................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Ajax outclassed Arsenal and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    De Vrij scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Clasie and De Jong were also amongst the goalscorers.

Ray of light, City winning but still only a point off coming out of the bottom 3! One bad result in the next couple games could mean the end of my brief Division 1 stay though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

3-0 win over Newcastle puts us top of division 2.
    Probably end up finishing 7th now!

guingamp-lille-nolan-roux-celeb_3274283.jpg?20150308184747

0006ec83-642.jpg
    Estudiantes de LP beat AJ Auxerre 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Roux scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Traoré was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Unfortunately though, this happened:
    KI takes BEISTER from behind with a nasty challenge.

Which resulted in this:

Ki_Red_Card.png

..and ultimately this:
    Sung-Yueng KI is now suspended for 3 games after being sent off

Also, N'Zonzi's still out with an injury as well meaning that DM position is up for grabs completely. It'll probably go to Kashia though with Ruano Alexis (thankfully I haven't sold him yet!) filling in at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

2 nil loss to my beloved Liverpool. Oh well!

Considering Ashley Williams is now captain of the 10th best international team in the world, I reckon he should definitely be a 90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Down too 12th!
    Lost too Al's Farcelona's 2-1! Getting sucked back down the table

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Kaka with both in a 2-0 win

1.66m per point, money well spent

2140477-kak_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Another defeat. That's 8 in 11 games. Was 6 clear at the top at one stage. Now I'll do well to finish top half. Tevez yet to score

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Kaka with both in a 2-0 win

1.66m per point, money well spent

2140477-kak_.jpg

See his cracker for Orlando today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement