Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

Anybody know what happened Cathal Shine?

Nobody around me had a clue why.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

"The rumour mill has been swirling with tales of hobbled Rossies but we won’t know just how bad the damage is until the teams line out. If it’s true Senan Kilbride, Cathal Shine, Diarmuid Murtagh and Niall Carty all miss out" Injuries supposedly?

From the RTE preview: However, Roscommon are hopeful that recent injury absentees Ultan Harney, Donie Shine, Mark Healy, Kevin Higgins and Conor Daly will be able to feature on Sunday

Have no idea what sort of injuries

"The rumour mill has been swirling with tales of hobbled Rossies but we won’t know just how bad the damage is until the teams line out. If it’s true Senan Kilbride, Cathal Shine, Diarmuid Murtagh and Niall Carty all miss out" Injuries supposedly?

From the RTE preview: However, Roscommon are hopeful that recent injury absentees Ultan Harney, Donie Shine, Mark Healy, Kevin Higgins and Conor Daly will be able to feature on Sunday

Have no idea what sort of injuries

Thanks for that, I knew about the other three, just hadn't heard anything about Shine, nor had anybody that I asked about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

megadodge wrote: »
    Anybody know what happened Cathal Shine?

Nobody around me had a clue why.

Shoulder injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

We got Fermanagh away in the draw.Saturday evening at 7.
    Tough place to go but we should have enough to win the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

tough draw, never easy playing the nordies up there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

tough draw, never easy playing the nordies up there

You should have more than enough fire-power for Fermanagh realistically speaking, as long as the old failings of inconsistency and complacency don't come back to haunt....

Get through this and you're staring into the whites of the eyes of Croke Park:p

yabadabado wrote: »
    We got Fermanagh away in the draw.Saturday evening at 7.
    Tough place to go but we should have enough to win the game.

Up for 3:30pm on Sunday now.

Anyone thinking this is straight-forward hasn't been paying attention to our meetings with Fermanagh in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Another potential banana skin here, and with our injury list im a bit nervous. Full strength imo we'd handle them but we're far from that. Also our consistency and complacency problems are always a worry

Also less than delighted about a trip up to the north on July 12th.

Syferus wrote: »
    Up for 3:30pm on Sunday now.

Anyone thinking this is straight-forward hasn't been paying attention to our meetings with Fermanagh in recent years.

I wonder why it was changed or maybe Saturday at 7 wasn't confirmed just some sites guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

yabadabado wrote: »
    I wonder why it was changed or maybe Saturday at 7 wasn't confirmed just some sites guessing.

Switching it to orange day wasnt the smartest thing I've ever heard to be honest.

spiralism wrote: »
    Switching it to orange day wasnt the smartest thing I've ever heard to be honest.

Apparently the Orange Order are good Christians who don't parade on the Sabbath. Monday is the big marching day this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

I'd recommend festooning the car with tricolours, rolling down the windows and blasting the Wolfe Tones greatest hits the whole way to Enniskillen.

Rawhead wrote: »
    I'd recommend festooning the car with tricolours, rolling down the windows and blasting the Wolfe Tones greatest hits the whole way to Enniskillen.

How about a bus painted in Roscommon colours with loads of GAA symbols on it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

How about a bus painted in Roscommon colours with loads of GAA symbols on it?

Still less likely to rile up the bowler hat and sash brigade as much as some locals when it drives into Ballaghadreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

fermanagh are a better side than sligo given they got promoted from division 3 losing just 1 match whereas sligo lost 4 including being beaten at home to fermanagh

rossie1977 wrote: »
    fermanagh are a better side than sligo given they got promoted from division 3 losing just 1 match whereas sligo lost 4 including being beaten at home to fermanagh

And we're way better than Sligo by that logic too. I think the only matches that are anything close to a guide for this one are the head-to-heads in Brewster over the last few years. High-scoring and tight affairs.

Using league form as the only guide puts Ros well ahead of both Sligo and Fermanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Shoulder injury.

He pulled out of the match, he isn't injured - from what I heard.

Shoulder injury.

I heard he had a row with evans

• Advertisement

Irish94 wrote: »

Wasn't what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Roscommon were the team I didn't want to get.

I wanted Kildare as we owe them a beating

padd b1975 wrote: »
    You should have more than enough fire-power for Fermanagh realistically speaking, as long as the old failings of inconsistency and complacency don't come back to haunt....

Get through this and you're staring into the whites of the eyes of Croke Park:p

it won't be as easy as you think, theyve a good defence, will be a good atmosphere there with all those nordies shouting, how long would it take to get there in the bus does any fella know

Less than a 2 hour drive from Roscommon town an hour 40 should have you there.I hope we get a good traveling support.
    Its a tough place to go to but we have to be expecting to beat them,if we want to be taken seriously.
    Play to our potential we will be winning this, huge opportunity to get the sort of championship momentum we haven't seen in 10+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jesuisros

I heard he had a row with evans
    Irish94 wrote: »

There are a lot of rumours and made up stories doing the rounds at the moment about a lot of players and I hope that people don't start repeating them here - it's bad enough when the local radio dedicated part of yesterday (mid) morning rhyming off all that they heard.
    Cathal is injured, it's as simple as that but there's chance he'll be back this week on the bench. I'd say if they feel that they can manage Fermanagh without him he won't be risked

The bloody rumour mill has been really in overdrive since the Sligo match.

I know it always happens when a team loses a match they were expected to win, but it's getting hard to keep stum when some of the sh*te being spouted would make 'The Sun' editor cringe in embarrassment.

I have a policy of believing almost nothing I hear about the county team, especially when it involves 'row in the camp' type crap.

jesuisros wrote: »
    There are a lot of rumours and made up stories doing the rounds at the moment about a lot of players and I hope that people don't start repeating them here - it's bad enough when the local radio dedicated part of yesterday (mid) morning rhyming off all that they heard.
    Cathal is injured, it's as simple as that but there's chance he'll be back this week on the bench. I'd say if they feel that they can manage Fermanagh without him he won't be risked

no smoke without the fire as the fella said

no smoke without the fire as the fella said

I'm still trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but sometimes it's pretty hard to do.

I seen the highlights of the minors in tg4, they could of won it in the end but the sligos were probably the better team, they had a young fella with a ponyvtaik who is a mighty player, I dont think theres a back door for our fellas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Great interview with John Evans on Off The Ball. He's one of a kind, that's for sure !

http://offtheball.newstalk.com/player/podcasts/-/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/96487/1/rossies_boss_john_evans_hands_joe_and_wooly_a_schooling

Advertisement