Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jesuisros

It's not the local media that are the source of the abuse and rumours - it's a bunch people within the county that are trying to get rid of Evans (although some of them have used the media too). The people talking obviously don't realise or maybe don't care about the impact they are having on the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

On what grounds do they want to get rid of Evans? Is it because someone else wants his job, or they don't think he is doing a good enough job as the Roscommon manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gunneros

Any idea of time frame for return of injured players, namely cathal shine, senan, carty, ward and even murtagh, who is supposed to have got a twinge at end of Cavan match. I would imagine it is season over for a couple of them unless we make Croker for a quarter final. We would need some or all of them available then, even if we get through today without themand get Westmeath in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Match is tomorrow. No one knows the severity of the injuries apart from the fact Senan and Murtagh's are the least serious. Carty has had knee trouble for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Will tomorrow being the 12th many of our travelling crowd much? I know a good few not heading because of it.

Should be a tough game but I expect we'll come out with another win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Will tomorrow being the 12th many of our travelling crowd much? I know a good few not heading because of it.

Should be a tough game but I expect we'll come out with another win.

No marching tomorrow because its a Sunday.Nothing to be concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

yabadabado wrote: »
    No marching tomorrow because its a Sunday.Nothing to be concerned about.

Ya. Anyways it's the unionists I'd fear for if they touched our lovely bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jesuisros

ProudDUB wrote: »
    On what grounds do they want to get rid of Evans? Is it because someone else wants his job, or they don't think he is doing a good enough job as the Roscommon manager?
    A bit of both. Like all walks of life some people are never happy and as always there are some people who think they know better than the manager. I've been going to matches for a long time and if someone said to me in 2011, when we were in Division Four, that Roscommon would win back to back promotions and NFL titles in 2015 I'd have laughed and told them to get real but that's what Evans has done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Serious capitulation in last 5-10 mins.

Massive set back to an already mentally weak set up.

No football until February now, bitterly disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Serious capitulation in last 5-10 mins.

Massive set back to an already mentally weak set up.

No football until February now, bitterly disappointing
    FBD "cup" to be defended before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Ah lads, what the hell happened there - it looked done and dusted with 20 to go?

Will that be the end for the spoofer from Kerry? Division 2 was very weak this year in hindsight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Took off a few of our best players, brought on inferior players.

Some decisions went against us.

But should have been home and hosed.
    Any other team would have killed that game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭MfMan

Amazing, perhaps there's some substance to the rumours of in-fighting? Keep thinking of the comment by a Rossie fan I overheard exiting the Hyde after the Ros/Galway league game - "Maybe we're not as good as we think we are."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

the thing I want to know is how long will it take yer man Syferus to appear putting a positive spin on todays result?

Maybe he will tell us that the saving on petrol this summer will help us entice a new manager :p

Evans was negligent in taking off some key players far too early.

I know Kilbride was on a yellow but he was having a terrific game and should not have been withdrawn at half time. Likewise Enda Smith left the field too early.

Ros basically succumbed to every single attack in the last 10 minutes. Serious lack of bottle, no matter how talented this bunch of players are supposed to be. Sure Senan Kilbride, Cathal Shine and Diarmuid Murtagh were big losses but the panel should be strong enough to cope.

That game was wrapped up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Jayob10 wrote: »
    the thing I want to know is how long will it take yer man Syferus to appear putting a positive spin on todays result?

He never ever appears after defeats. First to appear after wins.

But jaysus. That's more embarrassing than the gay referendum. the manner of defeat moreso than the opposition

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

Rumour doing the rounds in Kerry that if Fitzmaurice slips up again against Cork then yere lad Evans was fancied for the job. I suppose today's result will put a halt to his Kerry gallop now lads?
    He was a great man in front of the TV cameras in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

That result is an awful kick in the teeth for Roscommon supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭pjmn

....shocking disappointing result. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

wackokid wrote: »
    Rumour doing the rounds in Kerry that if Fitzmaurice slips up again against Cork then yere lad Evans was fancied for the job. I suppose today's result will put a halt to his Kerry gallop now lads?

That was never a rumour in Kerry.

Fitz is not under any pressure- we are the reigning champions for godsake and even if he left- Evan's name wouldn't make a shortlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Jayob10 wrote: »

Maybe he will tell us that the saving on petrol this summer will help us entice a new manager :p

Evans was negligent in taking off some key players far too early.

I know Kilbride was on a yellow but he was having a terrific game and should not have been withdrawn at half time. Likewise Enda Smith left the field too early.

Ros basically succumbed to every single attack in the last 10 minutes. Serious lack of bottle, no matter how talented this bunch of players are supposed to be. Sure Senan Kilbride, Cathal Shine and Diarmuid Murtagh were big losses but the panel should be strong enough to cope.

That game was wrapped up

Were they all missing today? in fairness no team at the level Ross are at could replace them just like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Were they all missing today? in fairness no team at the level Ross are at could replace them just like that

Very good point. Was listening to the last few minutes on shannonside. Commentary was entertaining but that was some capitulation all the same.

No surprise a few of Cormac Reilly's decisions being called into question. I'd like to see a replay of this game to make my own determination all the same.

Was hoping to see more of and from Roscommon this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

lol wat?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Will you **** off outta that.LOL

Ah lads ye weren't taking that seriously were ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Ah lads ye weren't taking that seriously were ya?

The Kerry folk can be very sensitive.

Anyway back to Ross.

Time to send Evans on his way and coax back Fergal O Donnell, the guy who led ye to the winner in 2010 and final in 2011.

He was by far the best manager ye have had in the last few years, and only left for family reasons, not because he was doing poorly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

The Kerry folk can be very sensitive.

Anyway back to Ross.

Time to send Evans on his way and coax back Fergal O Donnell, the guy who led ye to the winner in 2010 and final in 2011.

He was by far the best manager ye have had in the last few years, and only left for family reasons, not because he was doing poorly.

Its an attractive job in fairness. Theres a fair bit of talent in Roscommon, thats only half the battle though, they need someone to instill a bit of winning mentality and bottle at senior level.

I'll probably be laughed out of it, but James Horan would be a good manager for Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Its an attractive job in fairness. Theres a fair bit of talent in Roscommon, thats only half the battle though, they need someone to instill a bit of winning mentality and bottle at senior level.

I'll probably be laughed out of it, but James Horan would be a good manager for Roscommon.

No, your right, Horan would be a good manager for Roscommon

But to be honest I doubt he would do it.

He has said that he would only be interested in managing Mayo again.

Horan would be a good manager for anyone though. He's going to be mentioned for every half decent job from now on. Whether hes interested or not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

No, your right, Horan would be a good manager for Roscommon

But to be honest I doubt he would do it.

He has said that he would only be interested in managing Mayo again.

Indeed he has indicated that,hopefully there'll be no change of heart.I can envisage a day when he's back in charge of Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Horan would be a good manager for anyone though. He's going to be mentioned for every half decent job from now on. Whether hes interested or not

Chances are he'll manage Galway to an all Ireland title in 5 years time like o Mahoney did!

Advertisement