Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support Staff

• 27-05-2015 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,
    I'm a newbie and hoping someone can help? I recently applied ( closing date was beginning of the month) for a police staff position, the application and equality form were submitted via email as outlined in the job description though I haven't received any sort of confirmation that my application has been received or saying that my application has been unsuccessful...I feel that I met both the essential and desirable criteria so finding it a bit disheartening that have heard nothing. are confirmation or 'you have been unsuccessful at this time...'emails normally sent?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 .Q

Coconut82 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm a newbie and hoping someone can help? I recently applied ( closing date was beginning of the month) for a police staff position, the application and equality form were submitted via email as outlined in the job description though I haven't received any sort of confirmation that my application has been received or saying that my application has been unsuccessful...I feel that I met both the essential and desirable criteria so finding it a bit disheartening that have heard nothing. are confirmation or 'you have been unsuccessful at this time...'emails normally sent?

I too had applied for a post closing at the start of last month. I thought I had been unsuccessful so I emailed them to check. They told me that they had received a large number of applicants and so were still processing them. That was about 3 weeks after the closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Coconut82

Thanks for that .Q! I guess that no new is good news then. Fingers crossed

Just wondering if anyone applying for support staff gave heard anything? 6 weeks since the closing date- that's a long time.

I guess you should hear soon. I got a letter this morning and was unsuccessful. Letter said although I met the essential criteria, I didn't score high enough in desirable criteria to be invited for interview:( Hopefully you get better news!

I guess you should hear soon. I got a letter this morning and was unsuccessful. Letter said although I met the essential criteria, I didn't score high enough in desirable criteria to be invited for interview:( Hopefully you get better news!

Sorry to hear that. I am sure there is a similar letter waiting for me at home! By all accounts it was very popular.

• Advertisement

They did say on letter due to high number of applicants they were unable to provide feedback which is a shame. But fingers crossed for you😊

They did say on letter due to high number of applicants they were unable to provide feedback which is a shame. But fingers crossed for you😊

Got the same letter as you. Well at lest we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Anyone know how they're notifying candidates for testing/interview?

My closing date was the first week of June. Haven't heard anything back at all to say I'm unsuccessful or invite to testing/interview. Don't know if no news is good news :/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Joe_Bloggsy

Mop a top if your application for the Admin Support Officer which closed at start of June then you should receive email shortly regarding test.

I received my invite last night and it said everyone who submitted application would be invited but not to take the invite as word that the essential criteria had been met. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Lol the bloody thing went into my junk email yesterday!!!! Shows what my email account thinks of that lmao!!!

Thanks for your help my lovely x

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Has anybody here applied for the recently advertised 'Custody Officer' roles, through Noonan?

Suited and booted or smart casual folks? Think in that heat I'm leaning towards the latter

Was casual for me. At least its only 2 weeks until we find out if we have made next stage :)

I went casual too. Heard a lot of folk saying they only just got half of the last test done. Myself included :/

Im in the same boat, wouldn't think many got it finished.

The multiple options made that last section near impossible to guess correctly so it was better to get that 1 or 2 extra complete because they could make all the difference rather than waste time marking anything which I thought was a good thing compared to deloittes.

Thank god for that!!! I was wondering if they were going to do negative marking. I was a good girl though I didn't guess any but I missed the last 5 on section 2 and like I said only got just over half way in 3. I thought I'd have struggled with the T/F/CT section more, I hated them at Deloitte, but I had time to recheck them so fingers crossed. Was a little surprised at the mix of candidates. More guys than I'd have thought but that's just me being sexist lol.

Wer u 1st session after lunch? Was a bit surprised myself, also surprised at the thousands applied remark. I submitted my application close to the deadline and have candidate number between 01700 and 01780 so hopeing its not much more considering only top 15-20% get through.

Were these tests for support roles directly employed by the PSNI? As I have applied for a 'Custody Officer' role through Noonan/Resource and haven't heard anything so just curious.

Yeah this is for permanent Administrative Support Officers jobs in the PSNI, I can't say I have heard about the custody jobs. Was that for the prison service rather than PSNI?

• Advertisement

Yeah this is for permanent Administrative Support Officers jobs in the PSNI, I can't say I have heard about the custody jobs. Was that for the prison service rather than PSNI?

Cheers dude, they were advertised last month and were only open for a week. It's assisting in the custody suites within PSNI stations. I think they were previously advertised as 'civilian detention officers'.

Wer u 1st session after lunch? Was a bit surprised myself, also surprised at the thousands applied remark. I submitted my application close to the deadline and have candidate number between 01700 and 01780 so hopeing its not much more considering only top 15-20% get through.

I was late afternoon. Funny standing looking at everyone wondering if I've been chatting on here to them and not knowing what they look like. My number is high 1800's :/

Must all depend on the agency dealing with that process, grafton recruitment dealing with the admin roles and seem to be on the ball and quick timeline it seems, Deloitte have been dealing with police constables roles the last few years and that seems to be a long process with some delays. I would maybe send an email to noonan/resource regarding your application and see if they can give you a rough timeline of their process or an update on your application.

Must all depend on the agency dealing with that process, grafton recruitment dealing with the admin roles and seem to be on the ball and quick timeline it seems, Deloitte have been dealing with police constables roles the last few years and that seems to be a long process with some delays. I would maybe send an email to noonan/resource regarding your application and see if they can give you a rough timeline of their process or an update on your application.

Thanks, they did state that it would take approximately 4 weeks to process applications, it's still within that time frame so I'll give them a couple of weeks before I start harassing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Red_bull

Any progress on this front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Email to next stage this afternoon. On same day as my pca familiarisation which im already struggling to get off from work! Nightmare but hopefully I can swing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Red_bull

Joe789 wrote: »
    Email to next stage this afternoon. On same day as my pca familiarisation which im already struggling to get off from work! Nightmare but hopefully I can swing something.

Does everyone make it through to that stage? I'm not in this process so just enquiring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

I think they said they will be taking between top 15-20% on to the second stage.

Also got the email inviting me to the final assessment, although no idea if it is similar to last assessment or what it involves as it does not state this and no attachments either, any ideas?

• Advertisement

PSNI received merit list for this on Friday 4th as some people had been given 2 weeks to forward relevant documentation or they were to be withdrawn.

Grafton couldn't provide me with my position on merit list but said PSNI would be in contact. Anyone any idea how long this process normally takes for support staff? Would everyone expect vetting forms or top 120 on list for example?

Great news regarding new police constables opening soon :)

Advertisement