Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed (Reboot)

Options
  • 21-05-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭

New Need for Speed announced and will have a showing at E3. The full name is 'Need for Speed' so looks to be a reboot and going back to Underground roots which is great news imo.
    Need for Speed returns in Fall 2015 to PS4, Xbox One and PC in an action driving experience that unites the culture of speed

The new NFS game will feature deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

To the windoooooow.....

NFSU was amazing so I can't wait for this. Damn you EA, luring me in with your nostalgia siren song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Not even growing up around racing culture (well in Ireland you know what I mean), could make me fatigued of this song and game. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NFSU 1 was my favourite NFS game. Hopefully they make it like the Crew but with actually good driving physics and keep it to 1 large city, maybe 2 or 3. Have a crew system and take on other crews online, a bit like Drive Club but to have a bigger cap than 6 members.

Also, hopefully have at least 6 Lil Jon songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭Corvo

Adamantium wrote: »
    Not even growing up around racing culture (well in Ireland you know what I mean), could make me fatigued of this song and game. Loved it.

Oh man I loved that tune. Great post. Brought back memories

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Need for Speed Underground was the best followed closely by the second one.I didnt like the introduction of the cops.

Man when you first get the Nissan Skyline near the end.Good memories.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

If this isn't similar to the NFSU games then that'll be a pretty big blow to future NFS games I think. This teaser has got people like me who gave up on NFS years ago excited about a new NFS game again. If it isn't an arcade style street racing game with almost limitless customisable options then I'll go back to just disregarding the franchise again and I'd say a lot of people are like this.

Ideally the open world would be like burnout paradise's where you can just go online and mess around with random players or join friends worlds or enter friendly and competitive races. Would be unreal if they hosted some competitions as well and got the best players to compete.

MOST important - the soundtrack has to be on absolute point! A generous mix of dance, rock and hip hop with some classics and up-to-date songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

If this isn't similar to the NFSU games then that'll be a pretty big blow to future NFS games I think. This teaser has got people like me who gave up on NFS years ago excited about a new NFS game again.

i agree, the last few out havent held interest as much as underground and the likes, speaking of which think it's about time i ressurrect NFS:Underground on my new system :D

Looks like the release date has been leaked as 3rd November from Xbox store, though that might be a place holder but sounds about right for an NFS game.

Looks like there are overlapping stories through 'career' mode and..
    Apparently there'll be five "ways to play" called Speed, Style, Build, Crew and Outlaw.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/28/need-for-speed-reboot-release-date-and-features-leak?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I liked Hot Pursuit most because of the Cops stuff.... There.... I said it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah, Nfs underground 1 and 2 timeS... Had full soundtracks of both in my very first car. Mazda 626 coupe. And yes, it had neon lightning underneath. :D Ah, when I was still young and stupid!
    Looking forward to this. Most likely get it on pc amd I really hope G27 support will be good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Need for Speed will require an online connection.

An offline mode has not yet been confirmed.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Need for Speed will require an online connection.

An offline mode has not yet been confirmed.

Ohhhhh this should be good /gets popcorn :pac:

The amount of whinging this will cause should be good for a giggle.

Not surprised at all. All racers seem to be geared to an always online world now to collect your times and post to your fwends on how much better you are than them. I see this going the way of the crew but I can't see how always being online would have an impact on the overlapping story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Cormac... wrote: »
    I liked Hot Pursuit most because of the Cops stuff.... There.... I said it

Indeed :)

Loved playing it online too.

This is looking class. Was there no Gameplay vid at E3? Just saw that flashy trailer.

image_0.img.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It was at the EA show last night and it looked awful imo. Terrible physics and the way camera moves during drifting is sickening. It does look nice with the Frostbite 3 engine though but everything else is a let down.

Just looked it up.....nononononnonononnoNONONNONONNONONO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!

What kind of horrible drift cam is that? Surely that can be turned off. Game looks nice until the car starts drifting, looks like a mobile game. Even if it had a regular camera, the sliding looks atrocious, like a game for 5 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Better be able to turn that camera off. Other that that, looks good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Yeah that camera's a load of sh!t

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A return to its Underground roots?
    What horsesh1te is this?
    By my reckoning the Underground games didn't turn up until some six games into the series.
    The game was about driving exotic cars very fast on open roads, not this modding culture muck.
    I really didn't like the Underground titles, nor the likes of Carbon that followed.
    Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit seemed to getting back to the series roots, sad if they are going back to car modding again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 johnniewalk

Good Entertainment game which provides a fantastic game experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Looks good!

and also crisis averted as the camera can be changed.

wSSLsaK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Thank feck to that, the Underground series was the last NFS I actually liked and this looks like a return to that. Think I'll keep an eye on this one.

Yeah after underground 2 I lost my interest. Carbon was ok but wasn't enough to keep my interested. I'm in need of a good car racing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A return to its Underground roots?
    What horsesh1te is this?
    By my reckoning the Underground games didn't turn up until some six games into the series.
    The game was about driving exotic cars very fast on open roads, not this modding culture muck.
    I really didn't like the Underground titles, nor the likes of Carbon that followed.
    Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit seemed to getting back to the series roots, sad if they are going back to car modding again.

Hot Persuit. I'd totally forgot about that. Back to the days of Pentuim III and a 16mb TNT card :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Hot Persuit. I'd totally forgot about that. Back to the days of Pentuim III and a 16mb TNT card :pac::pac:

I own them all, from the original on the 3DO to the brilliant NFS Hot Pursuit and Road Challenge on the PC and PS, to the amazing Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2 and then Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit on the PS3/360, I even have the WiiU game as well!
    But the likes of Underground, its sequel and Carbon, all that night driving in pimped out Japanese cars, no thanks.
    Unless the roster includes Lamborghini, Ferrari and Zonda I'll be disappointed.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I own them all, from the original on the 3DO to the brilliant NFS Hot Pursuit and Road Challenge on the PC and PS, to the amazing Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2 and then Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit on the PS3/360, I even have the WiiU game as well!
    But the likes of Underground, its sequel and Carbon, all that night driving in pimped out Japanese cars, no thanks.
    Unless the roster includes Lamborghini, Ferrari and Zonda I'll be disappointed.

To be fair the past couple of games have mostly been filled with super cars, It's good that it's going back to the tuner style that it had in underground. It will more then likely include exotic cars but not to many I hope. I much prefer to buy a bog standard opel corsa and mod the crap out of it.

Yeah I could do without the supers for a while, a lot of the racers lately where everyone picks the same couple of cars. Would much prefer a lot of tuners that you can mod to similar stats making a fair race but with some variety.

Hopefully it will have a diesel Peugeot 106. Stick on the widest kit going, massive alloys and the biggest boooo sound from the turbo BOV! :P

• Advertisement

Devs released 2 in-engine pics beside photo's of what they're based off. Granted they won't look this good in-game but shows what the engine is capable of. Unbelieveable.

need_for_speed_comparison_1-1152x768.jpg

Advertisement