Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.)

• 16-06-2015 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, comes South Park: The Fractured but Whole, a sequel to 2014’s award-winning South Park: The Stick of Truth. Players will once again assume the role of the New Kid, and join South Park favorites Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman in a new hilarious and outrageous RPG adventure.
    Players will delve into the crime-ridden underbelly of South Park with Coon and Friends. This dedicated group of crime fighters was formed by Eric Cartman whose superhero alter-ego, The Coon, is half man, half raccoon. As the New Kid, players will join Mysterion, Toolshed, Human Kite, Mosquito, Mint Berry Crunch and a host of others to battle the forces of evil while Coon strives to make his team the most beloved superheroes in history

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/game/south-park-fractured-but-whole/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

It's a new inexperienced developer so hopefully they won't mess it up. The first game was brilliant. It was like being the protagonist in a season of South Park. Very excited for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

My only complaint with the first one was the lack of replayability. Laughed my way through it though, which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

MagicIRL wrote: »
    My only complaint with the first one was the lack of replayability. Laughed my way through it though, which was great.

Stick of Truth was their first go at making a game so hopefully they have learned a lot from making it. Lack of replay-ability was the only fault with the game

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Lack of replay-ability was the only fault with the game

it was also ridiculously short, new game needs to be about 5x the size minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I actually see games that are ~15 hours as a selling point now as I know I'll finish them :o

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wish Stick of Truth would release sooner on PS4 so I can play through that first (only got half way through on ps3). Coming bundled with the new game means it will be on the back burner and a bit of a pity as it continues on the day after the 1st game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I wish Stick of Truth would release sooner on PS4 so I can play through that first (only got half way through on ps3). Coming bundled with the new game means it will be on the back burner and a bit of a pity as it continues on the day after the 1st game.

I think once you pre-order it you get a code to download it, so you can play it before TFBW comes out.

Penn wrote: »
    I think once you pre-order it you get a code to download it, so you can play it before TFBW comes out.

That would be class and would make me insta pre-order it but no sign of it on the store. I wonder if it's on the US store and if so, can people get the TSOT today,

That would be class and would make me insta pre-order it but no sign of it on the store. I wonder if it's on the US store and if so, can people get the TSOT today,

If you preorder digitally you should get it straight away, but if you buy physical it comes with new game. Have ps4 version pre-ordered on Amazon for €43 anyway

• Advertisement

Yupp I just saw it on the US store. $60 preorder and get Stick of Truth straight away. Will wait a day or so to see if it goes up on the Euro store, if not, will get it on the US store. Would prefer it physical but getting the 1st game a few months in advance is too good to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yupp I just saw it on the US store. $60 preorder and get Stick of Truth straight away. Will wait a day or so to see if it goes up on the Euro store, if not, will get it on the US store. Would prefer it physical but getting the 1st game a few months in advance is too good to pass up.

Saw something about only getting it when you've actually paid which in the US is all digital but here is used to be only a week or so before launch, but a lot of games now have the note on PSN about payment due immediately.

Yeah, thought that might stop it happening over here unless they put in an exception for that one where payment is taken straight away but if you saw notes saying the same for other games, might just get added today along with the usualy Tuesday update.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I know this post is a few months old, but I just have to say: oh Jesus God no! I can very much take or leave South Park these days (mostly leave), but the first game was delightfully concise. It was an RPG without the filler - a punchy story, economic design and side quests / bonuses that were short and snappy. I maintain more developers could learn from the game's economy, and I hope the sequel is equally focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Was delighted when I see if you pre order TFBW you could get TSOT now

Was pissed when I see it's not on the Irish store

Bastids, hope it isn't a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah the relatively short play time of the game is actually a good selling point. Ironically, with how childish South Park is, the first game was the perfect RPG for adults who didn't have the time to log 80 hours into a game.

South Parks humour isn't aimed at children anymore though. It's far more topical than a lot of people give it credit for

Cormac... wrote: »
    South Parks humour isn't aimed at children anymore though. It's far more topical than a lot of people give it credit for

Anymore? Was it ever though? The first episode had Cartman given an alien anal probe, not exactly kids stuff

Since they can make an episode in a week they keep things very topical, can't wait for next season with the US presidential election

Anymore? Was it ever though? The first episode had Cartman given an alien anal probe, not exactly kids stuff

Since they can make an episode in a week they keep things very topical, can't wait for next season with the US presidential election

I think the humour has evolved in the series personally. It was a lot more Gross-Out stuff back in the day. Think Mr. Hanky, Mr Garrison etc. Then it got more topical and clever (imho) like the stuff about the kids dressing like Ninjas who looked like ISIS and the likes. Like it's still silly, fun humour, but it'sg got more depth now, than it did in the 1st few series.

I think the humour has evolved in the series personally. It was a lot more Gross-Out stuff back in the day. Think Mr. Hanky, Mr Garrison etc. Then it got more topical and clever (imho) like the stuff about the kids dressing like Ninjas who looked like ISIS and the likes. Like it's still silly, fun humour, but it'sg got more depth now, than it did in the 1st few series.

Oh yeah I suppose it has evolved from being childish to what it is now

I just hope that PC Principal has a lot to do with the new game, I'll buy it twice if he is

• Advertisement

I just hope that PC Principal has a lot to do with the new game, I'll buy it twice if he is

God! What a typically privileged, white, entitled, male, european, gamer response :mad:

#CheckYourPrivilege :D

God! What a typically privileged, white, entitled, male, european, gamer response :mad:

#CheckYourPrivilege :D

Watch your micro aggressions bro :pac:

It's up on the Irish ps store now

But no mention of The Stick of Truth as a pre order bonus, unlike on the us store

Would love to get it now but don't trust it without any mention of TSOT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The non US stores probably have the censored digital version of the game too.

So.... 54 euro on us store (70 on irish psn), guaranteed stick of truth and uncensored....

What's that site where you can buy us psn credit again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Love South Park, love the Stick of Truth, but I'm not paying €70 for it. That's crazy money.

So.... 54 euro on us store (70 on irish psn), guaranteed stick of truth and uncensored....

What's that site where you can buy us psn credit again?

Pcgamesupply, game is same price on Canadian store which is cheaper to buy credit for than US store

60 CAN dollars is only 41 euro! Sound man, might be finally time to create a Canadian account.

It's up on the Irish ps store now

But no mention of The Stick of Truth as a pre order bonus, unlike on the us store

Would love to get it now but don't trust it without any mention of TSOT

Got onto Ubisoft on twitter and they said it would work, and it did. Better not take too long to download.

• Advertisement

60 CAN dollars is only 41 euro! Sound man, might be finally time to create a Canadian account.

Easy to set up, I used the address for an McDonald's in British Columbia as my residential location.

Use the Canadian store over the US as its cheaper

Advertisement