Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hitler

• 01-06-2015 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

hitlrt.JPG

The little b-ollox

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Kung Führer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Hitler was not so bad after all he did kill Hitler.

hitlrt.JPG

The little b-ollox
    Just imagine what people would think if they found that saved on your computer. EEK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Just imagine what people would think if they found that saved on your computer. EEK!

I once saved lots of pictures of Hitler on my friends computer. Then one day she and her aunty were looking through her pictures and suddenly loads of pictures of Hitler popped up. She wasn't too pleased with me for that one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Was he in the nip? I could certainly understand her reaction if so.

• Advertisement

I once saved lots of pictures of Hitler on my friends computer. Then one day she and her aunty were looking through her pictures and suddenly loads of pictures of Hitler popped up. She wasn't too pleased with me for that one..
    :eek: lol oh dear! Why did you have lots of pics of Hitler saved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ZXL

Take your time, do not rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Todays forecast will be reign with a strong chance of heil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Another Hitler thread ? Will the man be ever let rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

I fixed up the photo there was some white dirt on it,

http://postimg.org/image/j0jgr9jtd/

also even back then he was getting someone to cut the heads off jews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

How come people who love dogs, like Hitler, often turn out to be mass murderers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I fixed up the photo there was some white dirt on it,

And now there's a perfectly square bit of black dirt on it.

How come people who love dogs, like Hitler, often turn out to be mass murderers?

From what I heard it all started around 1901 when Hitler recieved this bear as a present http://www.vam.ac.uk/__data/assets/image/0009/248868/teddy-bear,-steiff,-germany,-1904-05,-copyright-victoria-and-albert-museum.jpg
    and which was later robbed, by what he thought was a jewish kid, years of resentment built up and he one day vowed revenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Where do I buy his artwork? I thought he was a great artist!

Shame he chose a different line of work in the end.... For zee juden mein Freund! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Jews will never let him rest in peace. Whatever happened to forgive and forget?

sometimes you forget to forgive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

sometimes you forget to forgive

Too true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

They just don't understand. When you're a new leader, ya gotta throw your weight around a bit at the start. Otherwise no one takes ya seriously!

Things would have settled down after a few years. Sure he'd already started visiting all the neighbours to introduce himself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

One good thing that Hitler did was ensuring that the Toothbrush moustache would never again be in fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Whisky Mac wrote: »
    One good thing that Hitler did was ensuring that the Toothbrush moustache would never again be in fashion.

I've often wondered if that would still be in fashion if he didn't have one. Would there be loads of little track suited hitler moustaches walking around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Here is a very interesting and terrifying documentary from the German side of the war.

How true everything is I don't know

http://www.hellstormdocumentary.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Terrlock wrote: »
    Here is a very interesting and terrifying documentary from the German side of the war.

How true everything is I don't know

http://www.hellstormdocumentary.com/

Can you give us the gist of it?

Geniass wrote: »

The page has holocaust denial stuff on it so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Terrlock

It's about the Genocide of the Germans in World War 2.

Something we never here about.

Worth a watch. But warning it's quite gruesome and disturbing.

Terrlock wrote: »
    It's about the Genocide of the Germans in World War 2.

Something we never here about.

Worth a watch. But warning it's quite gruesome and disturbing.

Genocide by who, the Russians seeking revenge? Possibly, but an outworking of human nature.

Dresden was a despicable act in my opinion.

With that said, The West had a large hand to play in rebuilding Germany, even if initially just West Germany.

Grayson wrote: »
    The page has holocaust denial stuff on it so....

That automatically red flags it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2718400/Ever-wondered-Hitler-got-strange-moustache-Emmy-nominated-series-The-World-Wars-sheds-new-light-conflicts-defined-20th-Century.html
    How Hitler got his strange moustache: Fuhrer's facial hair went from handlebar to toothbrush so he wouldn't get gassed in WW1
    • Adolf Hitler had favoured a longer handlebar moustache with twisted ends
    • In WW1 he had to trim the moustache to get a better seal on his gas mask

Genocide by who, the Russians seeking revenge? Possibly, but an outworking of human nature.

With that said, The West had a large hand to play in rebuilding Germany, even if initially just West Germany.

There's a book called "Amongst the dead cities" by A C Grayling. He's a philosopher but also into history. He examines the allied bombing campaign and then looks at it from an ethical perspective so see if it can be justified.

Spoiler: No it couldn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

History teacher who was a catholic priest made a declaration that 'the only thing Hitler did wrong was that he stopped short at six million'.
    Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Hitlers greatest crime has been ignored by the history books but should never be forgotten. He's the only man in history to single handedly destroy a perfectly good facial hair style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Whisky Mac wrote: »
    You've got that backwards. Its a fine moustache.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No.

He killed the man who killed Hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Todays forecast will be reign with a strong chance of heil.

So do try to avoid the showers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

galljga1 wrote: »
    History teacher who was a catholic priest made a declaration that 'the only thing Hitler did wrong was that he stopped short at six million'.
    Nice.

Bit harsh, it's not like he had a choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've often wondered if that would still be in fashion if he didn't have one. Would there be loads of little track suited hitler moustaches walking around.

Loads of mustaches went out of style though, my guess is it wouldn't have been very common at all, then brought back to life by hipsters over the last decade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

One man does not alone make a difference and plenty of German people alive or else heavily influenced by those that were are still alive today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There's a book called "Amongst the dead cities" by A C Grayling. He's a philosopher but also into history. He examines the allied bombing campaign and then looks at it from an ethical perspective so see if it can be justified.

Spoiler: No it couldn't
    Given that the people involved in planning that campaign had lived through the Blitz it's very hard to see how they could justify it even at the time.

Also that campaign directed bombers away from real war wining tasks.

Tirpitz was just one ship. But it's existence more or less kept several battleships and aircraft in the Atlantic when they could have been far more useful in the Pacific. Could have more bombing missions against.

Lots of other tactical and strategic missions were suspended if favour of generic carpet bombing. German output increased until 1944 and it was raw materials shortages that was the main problem. Aerial mining of seas and rivers like the Rhine and Danube would have reduced this sooner.

B29's dropping mines at sea wasn't sexy. But it pretty much stopped raw material imports and naval and troop movements around Japan. And at far lower risk than bombing cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Well one things for sure, no one can deny the hollow cost of travel insurance!

Ja ja, I know. Taken mein coaten and going to zum bahnhof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

JT26 wrote: »
    Wonder how some of the jokers here would react on seeing some of the work carried out by the nazis in the east aside from visiting the extermination camps maybe read up about Khatyn(Belarus), Navahrudak,Bila Tserkva,Nikolaev
    Dnipropetrovsk to name but a very few,perhaps would change their tune somewhat

Most of the participants in the killings in the east were not hardened troops they were everyday people teachers, bakers, farm workers, factory workers they took to killing like a duck to water. What makes you think that people from the same walk of life in this country would not take to it too if it was required.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Where do I buy his artwork? I thought he was a great artist!
    His street scenes and architectural drawings/paintings are pretty good alright. Certainly not the "utterly crap at art" he's since been accused of. His portraits were awkward mind you. Then again he never got much if any training so for a rank amateur he was pretty good. I knew a chap who had one. A street scene of somewhere in Bavaria IIRC. When they come up for sale they don't cost that much, well a few grand kinda thing, maybe ten at the top end. Clearly neo nazis don't have much cash to drop.

The horror visited upon the German people and those who were considered collaborators after the guns officially stopped firing was unreal. Nigh on a million German soldiers never came home. Pretty much every german woman was raped, often repeatedly and they started with ten year old girls all the way up to grannies. Many are the stories of women jumping into rivers and lakes to drown themselves and their children. The Russians were by far the worst for it, followed by the French. The British and the Americans were far less prone to that sorta thing. These sort of reprisals went on throughout wherever the Germans had wartime influence. Again it was worse in the East. Jews who had survived the Holocaust didnt exactly find open arms welcoming them back either. We generally only get a few of the narratives that make up part of the bigger picture, but all in all ugly business that war. On all sides. Uglier than the slaughter of the Great War IMH. And that's before we get to what was going down in the far east. What the Japanese did to the Chinese people alone beggars belief.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What makes you think that people from the same walk of life in this country would not take to it too if it was required.
    Yep. We all reckon we'd not be that guy, but I guarantee that a few on here who are lovely people today would be lining up to butcher others if they were around back then. The rest would either try to ignore it, or help in a roundabout way and a few would resist. People forget that Germany was an incredibly sophisticated culture that had a huge role in European science and culture for centuries. Unsophisticated savages they were not. They also had one of the most integrated Jewish population in Europe and had been pretty safe place to live for Jews. Certainly compared to places further east where pogroms were a national sport. Even Germany's neighbour Austria was far worse. To the degree that when Germany marched into the place the level of open attacks and killings of Jews in broad daylight freaked the Nazi command out thinking this would be really bad publicity(they were still thinking along those lines to some degree at that stage).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

Wibbs wrote: »
    His street scenes and architectural drawings/paintings are pretty good alright. Certainly not the "utterly crap at art" he's since been accused of. His portraits were awkward mind you. Then again he never got much if any training so for a rank amateur he was pretty good. I knew a chap who had one. A street scene of somewhere in Bavaria IIRC. When they come up for sale they don't cost that much, well a few grand kinda thing, maybe ten at the top end. Clearly neo nazis don't have much cash to drop.

The horror visited upon the German people and those who were considered collaborators after the guns officially stopped firing was unreal. Nigh on a million German soldiers never came home. Pretty much every german woman was raped, often repeatedly and they started with ten year old girls all the way up to grannies. Many are the stories of women jumping into rivers and lakes to drown themselves and their children. The Russians were by far the worst for it, followed by the French. The British and the Americans were far less prone to that sorta thing. These sort of reprisals went on throughout wherever the Germans had wartime influence. Again it was worse in the East. Jews who had survived the Holocaust didnt exactly find open arms welcoming them back either. We generally only get a few of the narratives that make up part of the bigger picture, but all in all ugly business that war. On all sides. Uglier than the slaughter of the Great War IMH. And that's before we get to what was going down in the far east. What the Japanese did to the Chinese people alone beggars belief.

The Japanese were simply animals the rape of Nanking and numerous other stories like it are quite literally evil, yes I agree all in all it was a war of annihilation total war as they call it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

He apparently considered suicide over a Jewish girl, a British soldier spared his life and he launched the first anti-smoking campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

A gas man, give him is Jew....:D

On a more serious note, there was a docu on the BBC last week about atrocities commited by the Czechs against civilian German populations at the end of WWII.

Apparently, it is the largest ever civilian displacement in Europe but is never mentioned i.e German civilians essentially kicked out of Poland and Czechoslovakia.

Anyone else see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Worse than hitler that fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A gas man, give him is Jew....:D

On a more serious note, there was a docu on the BBC last week about atrocities commited by the Czechs against civilian German populations at the end of WWII.

Apparently, it is the largest ever civilian displacement in Europe but is never mentioned i.e German civilians essentially kicked out of Poland and Czechoslovakia.

Anyone else see it?

very difficult to watch

the part about what they did to the crying German children will stay with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Even as a boy in ops photo, he puts on
    an air of grandiosity and superiority compared to the other boys in the photo. His dad used to beat him and the mother molly coddled him, growing up with a mixed up view of who he was.

I read a few theories on his sexuality which were mental but I don't think proven. His relationship with the niece Geli who apparently committed suicide (although I believe he killed her) was weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

very difficult to watch

the part about what they did to the crying German children will stay with me

gonna regret this but go on, what did they do to the crying children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

In fairness the kid to Hitler's right looks proper evil.

Anyone know who he is?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement