Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Going MultiSat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭micks_address

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thats a really neat job

Yeah the guy does a class job in fairness.. He doesn't like the t90s thinks they a pain to install.. Reckon motor is way to go with couple smaller fixed dishes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yeah the guy does a class job in fairness.. He doesn't like the t90s thinks they a pain to install.. Reckon motor is way to go with couple smaller fixed dishes

I'd much prefer the T90 .

I had a 1m motorised dish and got rid of it.
    T90 allows instantaneous switching from satellites,no time waiting for motor to move,no noise.
    You can watch one sat while someone else watches another in a different room.
    I had my dish in a pretty sheltered spot from south and westerly winds but every time there was a strong south east gale,it would blow it offline a bit and I had to readjust it either in usals settings or else get out the ladder :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Neat work. Is that all on the front of the house?
    I'd love a T90 myself, just because I love to tinker. I did set up myself a Triax TD88 with 6 sats on it, but I never really used it that much. I loved the instant switching too.
    I have replaced, so far, three motorised TD 110s by removing the motor and setting them up fixed with 3 or 4 lnb multifeed brackets. The owners were all impressed by the channel switching speed.
    Never had to go back to any of them since they were fitted, rock steady compared to a motor.

excollier wrote: »
    Neat work. Is that all on the front of the house?
    I'd love a T90 myself, just because I love to tinker. I did set up myself a Triax TD88 with 6 sats on it, but I never really used it that much. I loved the instant switching too.
    I have replaced, so far, three motorised TD 110s by removing the motor and setting them up fixed with 3 or 4 lnb multifeed brackets. The owners were all impressed by the channel switching speed.
    Never had to go back to any of them since they were fitted, rock steady compared to a motor.

Back of the house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

The eagle has landed

Thats cheating.

Seriously though, you bought a Satlook. Nice. Too expensive though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

STB. wrote: »
    Thats cheating.

Seriously though, you bought a Satlook. Nice. Too expensive though.
    Is it not excollier that has the Satlook?

byte wrote: »
    Is it not excollier that has the Satlook?
    It certainly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

It certainly is.

I had too many images open!

Nice...... an installers bit of kit alright.

It certainly helps make the task easier.

It certainly helps make the task easier.

So I have place for two more sats on the diseq switch... Where to next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

So I have place for two more sats on the diseq switch... Where to next?

so what have you got at the minute.....11 pages is too many to go through to figure it out :D:D:D:D

very very impressive though, must post up a pic of my own mounted dish now.
    Im really sorry I didnt take a pic before I moved it first though, Gave Dean, the bracket installer, a good laugh when he saw it mounted on the ground.
    Currently on mine is.......
    28e, 23.5e,19e,16e,13e,10/9e,4.8e and 1w ....
    You have me thinking of taking out either 9e or 4.5e and mounting a 60cm for 30w now too!!!
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:

(or maybe just getting a 16 port diseqc LOL )

MrTrebus wrote: »
    so what have you got at the minute.....11 pages is too many to go through to figure it out :D:D:D:D

very very impressive though, must post up a pic of my own mounted dish now.
    Im really sorry I didnt take a pic before I moved it first though, Gave Dean, the bracket installer, a good laugh when he saw it mounted on the ground.
    Currently on mine is.......
    28e, 23.5e,19e,16e,13e,10/9e,4.8e and 1w ....
    You have me thinking of taking out either 9e or 4.5e and mounting a 60cm for 30w now too!!!
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:

(or maybe just getting a 16 port diseqc LOL )

28, 23, 19, 13, . 8w, 30w

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

28, 23, 19, 13, . 8w, 30w

well Id probably add 16e for sure, not much on 9 or 4.8 but always interesting to see some of the stuff that shows up from time to time. the music videos that are FTA are hilarious sometimes :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Just to clarify the 60 cm dish is a non sky dish to get 30w correct
    A sky dish won't do? Great thread tkd

kooga wrote: »
    A sky dish won't do? Great thread tkd

It's a non sky dish but I didn't go purposely looking for a non sky. Just thought the colour would be more discrete. As an aside I didnt even cop it but installer said dish was bent out of shape.. He shaped it again by hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

kooga wrote: »
    A sky dish won't do?

No reason you couldn't use a Sky dish, but the LNB & holder will probably need a bit of modding to get the skew right, although it was mentioned in an earlier post here that newer ones aren't limited in their skew adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

anything on 30 w on a Friday night?

Loads of Spanish/Portugese stuff.....sorry couldn't resist

Loads of Spanish/Portugese stuff.....sorry couldn't resist

Work with a Portuguese guy and he tells me benfica TV have premier league and champions league rights from next year..

That's useful info, thanks. I know some people who would rather go with that than Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Work with a Portuguese guy and he tells me benfica TV have premier league and champions league rights from next year..
    According to this, they already had the rights, with next season being the last:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2012-13/feb/BenficaTV-acquire-premier-league-rights-in-portugal.html

I noticed when doing a manual scan on my solo 2 box that it sometimes misses channels.. I have to do a single transponder search to add them... Anyone else come across this? What's the difference between a manual single satellite scan and blind scan?

Cheers
    Mick

A blind scan searches for everything, within it's frequency range, transmitted from that satellite. Hence 'blind' no prerequisites. It isn't restrained by pre installed frequencies, so it should find everything it is capable of showing.

Next question... Has anyone done any modifications to their t90 to help with stabilising the dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Next question... Has anyone done any modifications to their t90 to help with stabilising the dish?

Not sure if this is any good but have a look at this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055486248

Also do a search for the 2 main guys and T90 in some uk forums
    Some great pictures of what guys have done ....

Not sure if this is any good but have a look at this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055486248

Also do a search for the 2 main guys and T90 in some uk forums
    Some great pictures of what guys have done ....

Thanks
    Also wondering if the dish was centred on 1w would I get stronger signal on it?

You should get a stronger signal nearest the dish centre. That's where, ideally, the weakest sat should go.

You should get a stronger signal nearest the dish centre. That's where, ideally, the weakest sat should go.

Just trying to figure out if it centred on 1w would I still get 28.8 on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Thanks
    Also wondering if the dish was centred on 1w would I get stronger signal on it?

My understanding of the toroidal t90 dish was that all postions on the 40degree arc should receive the same quality of signal as if they where the only positions on the dish.
    On a std 80cm dish the signal will drop off as you move the lnb's off centre

• Advertisement

Only one way to find out....

Advertisement