Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going MultiSat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Hi Guys,

With my T90 setup, would it be possible to add an LNB for 30W for portuguese tv?

Cheers,
    Mick

In a word - no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

radiowaves wrote: »
    In a word - no.

hmmm i have 28 on the very left of my arc..(looking at the dish) so there is no chance i can get 30w on the very right? bummer...

hmmm i have 28 on the very left of my arc..(looking at the dish) so there is no chance i can get 30w on the very right? bummer...

Only option (with your setup) is a separate dish.

radiowaves wrote: »
    Only option (with your setup) is a separate dish.

Thanks whats the furthest west I can get with my alignment?

Cheers,
    Mick

Thanks whats the furthest west I can get with my alignment?

Cheers,
    Mick

It's usually a 40 degree arc covered - give or take. You should get 5w easily.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

After the strong wind in dublin last week my signal on some channels on Thor and the polish channels have weakened. I'm guessing something was knocked slightly out of alignment. I'm still getting all on France/Spain and Uk sats perfectly.

My question is would it just be the lnbs that need re positioning or would the dish also have become slightly out of alignment?

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Hi Guys,

After the strong wind in dublin last week my signal on some channels on Thor and the polish channels have weakened. I'm guessing something was knocked slightly out of alignment. I'm still getting all on France/Spain and Uk sats perfectly.

My question is would it just be the lnbs that need re positioning or would the dish also have become slightly out of alignment?

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick. It could be either/or. You'll have to get up there and go through process of elimination. It's a good idea to have the lnb positions marked - and also dish angle marked - so that if either is knocked out of position, it's easy to put back in position.

Those T90's take a hell of a loading. That dish will be tested over the next 6 months - hopefully its not in too exposed a position. otherwise, this is why it's preferable to have them ground mounted.

Hi Mick. It could be either/or. You'll have to get up there and go through process of elimination. It's a good idea to have the lnb positions marked - and also dish angle marked - so that if either is knocked out of position, it's easy to put back in position.

Those T90's take a hell of a loading. That dish will be tested over the next 6 months - hopefully its not in too exposed a position. otherwise, this is why it's preferable to have them ground mounted.
    Hi guys,
    Just wondering what required signal strength is for good reception on 13

Ive lost one or two channels since fiddling with the lnb

Signal strength for hbo HD..

Does that seem reasonable?

Canal film2 HD no longer tuning
    Cheers
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 20,639 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Nothing should have caused channels to disappear except what you did with the LNB. All the footprints B, C and D are very strong over Ireland.

http://www.flysat.com/hotbird.php

I am getting Film 2 at 13.8 dB. 10892 H 27500 3/4 ?

HBO HD2 17.2 dB. 10834 V 27500 3/4 ?

1.1 m dish.

Hi guys,

Cheers
    Mick

Sounds like the lnb isn't quite right so with my lower db

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Sounds like the lnb isn't quite right so with my lower db

I noticed this with certain C+ HD Polish channels when I had the card. The HD channels are particularly sensitive to skew and proper alignment at an offset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

not to sound pretentious

but Jasus Mick you have come a long way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Hi guys,

Cheers
    Mick

Maybe the wind knocked off your dish. That happened to me. Used the Canal film HD channel as reference channel to align dish. Once I got this channel in, all the weaker signal channels that I had stopped getting were back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Mick.

But can I ask, I was thinking of setting up extra dish to pick up RTL and Eurosport mostly sports channels.

Whats the best position (19e) and size of dish I need for this setup. Do I need to purchase a new set up box or will a Sky HD or the old sky box do the job. It will be just feeding one TV in the spare room. Sorry for all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    Sorry to hi-jack your thread Mick.

But can I ask, I was thinking of setting up extra dish to pick up RTL and Eurosport mostly sports channels.

Whats the best position (19e) and size of dish I need for this setup. Do I need to purchase a new set up box or will a Sky HD or the old sky box do the job. It will be just feeding one TV in the spare room. Sorry for all the questions.

Sky HD box won't be good enough. You'll need a generic receiver. You could get both 19 and 28east off a bigger dish, 80cm would do it with the help of a multi lnb arm. If your putting on 19 east you might as well add 13 east too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

hotwhiskey wrote: »

It might be OK, seems very cheap though.
    A brand name might be better:

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/151585267278?nav=SEARCH

Or this:
    http://www.freetv.ie/hd-satellite-receiver.html

snaps wrote: »
    It might be OK, seems very cheap though.
    A brand name might be better:

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/151585267278?nav=SEARCH

Or this:
    http://www.freetv.ie/hd-satellite-receiver.html

Hi guys,
    Just wondering what size separate dish I would need to pick up 30w for Portuguese TV?

Would a sky dish do?
    Cheers
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

Hi guys,
    Just wondering what size separate dish I would need to pick up 30w for Portuguese TV?

Would a sky dish do?
    Cheers
    Mick

Nope,

your gonna need at least a 1 meter dish, even at that you probably wont get every channel on the sat

MrTrebus wrote: »
    Nope,

your gonna need at least a 1 meter dish, even at that you probably wont get every channel on the sat

Ah well there goes that plan :)

• Advertisement

sorry about that....I found out the hard way, hours up a ladder with a meter and a pain in certain areas before realising it wouldnt work LOL
    BTW,
    dont suppose you have a contact number for the guy that installed your T90 ?
    I have mine ground mounted at the minute but I want to move it up onto the back wall.
    I dont have either a good enough drill OR the interest in getting the mount perfectly level myself so Ill pay someone to do it instead.
    The dish is pretty much set up already so it should only need to be lifted into place and fine tuned (by myself lol)

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Strange, I used a 80cm dish for that sat a couple of years ago, easy reception - maybe the footprint changed since then

MrTrebus wrote: »
    sorry about that....I found out the hard way, hours up a ladder with a meter and a pain in certain areas before realising it wouldnt work LOL
    BTW,
    dont suppose you have a contact number for the guy that installed your T90 ?
    I have mine ground mounted at the minute but I want to move it up onto the back wall.
    I dont have either a good enough drill OR the interest in getting the mount perfectly level myself so Ill pay someone to do it instead.
    The dish is pretty much set up already so it should only need to be lifted into place and fine tuned (by myself lol)

cheers

I'll send you pm

excollier wrote: »

hang on, Ive just noticed, the details you provided were for 1w.
    thats not what the OP was looking for..He was asking about 30w !!
    Big difference LOL

If you care to look along the top of the page you will see all the satellite positions listed left to right - west to east, simply click on the appropriate satellite for the footprint.
    The page always defaults to 0.8 / 1w as it is dead centre.

30 west is very strong in Ireland, A 60 cm will do. 1 west is a lot more tricky and will soon get a lot more difficult to get too with the launch of a new satellite into that position (Thor 7 I believe). Some beams are strong, but the Nordic beams are weak, in fact some Nordic beams cannot be got with anything smaller than a 1.1m in the East of Ireland.

Since moving from the west of Ireland to Southern Poland, I get most satellite beams on a 1.1m. 1 west Nordic beams (Very strong for me), 42 east (east) beams, 5 east Nordic beams and also 4 west Amos. 7 west sometimes comes in but not strong enough.

But I can only just get 30 west, this is very low for me in the sky and sits right on top of a 1785m high mountain. It comes in ok, but low signal compared to most. Anything past 30 west for me is a no no. But then I can receive Russian stuff up to 75 east now.

ok guys, i'm confused now... will a standard sky dish get me 30w? i'm in north dublin.. have ports left on the diseq switch so was just going to wire it in as a 6th lnb

cheers,
    mick

It should, try it and see.

• Advertisement

ok guys, i'm confused now... will a standard sky dish get me 30w? i'm in north dublin.. have ports left on the diseq switch so was just going to wire it in as a 6th lnb

cheers,
    mick

Im very confused myself, I wouldn't have thought it was possible to get 30w with a 60cm sky dish, and I couldn't, but I stand to be corrected !!
    I could get it with a 1.1 meter motorized setup okay but not with a 60cm.
    If it IS possible with a 60cm dish I might just throw one up just for that sat and take out 4.5 from my T90's disecq.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge and experience can enlighten us !!

Advertisement