Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Comments

Yes,added within the last half hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Yes,added within the last half hour!

The guys around here are fast!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Not a new channel per say but tru tv + 1 has started on

Tru TV +1 11426.00MHz, pol.V SR:27500 FEC:2/3

Channel shows up as 52525

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭kooga

It seems ITV have another area testing in HD on FTA. This one has the ITV logo on the screen instead of the ITV HD logo.

11052 23000 H

SID 20730

Its ITV central

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Davdee1

Hi guys, does anyone have frequency bt sport preview channel? Its on UK epg but not Irish epg.

11603 v dvbs2 qpsk 29500 3/4

query is there a ITV wales HD?

tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

Posts 92 and 93 suggests it was testing recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

kooga wrote: »

tks

Nope.
    That region relays ITV central HD on terrestrial still

What was testing was itv central in hd as the local news was carrying a report from Coventry. My query today was whether there is an itv Wales in hd similar to utv hd and stv hd. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

What was testing was itv central in hd as the local news was carrying a report from Coventry. My query today was whether there is an itv Wales in hd similar to utv hd and stv hd. Thanks
    Not yet.
    The new one currently testing was thought to be for ITV Wales but so far is showing Central instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hey all

I haven't been able to get Sky news on freesat for a long time. I use BBC news now instead if the need arises.
    Tonight I did a complete retune. Itv4 was gone but I managed to add it after. However I can't seem to add Sky news. I used 12207 27500 V but it said transponder already existed and that there was no program.
    Just curious why it is not showing.
    Btw what does 2/3 and 5/6 mean after the frequency listing?

Thanks

Hey all

I haven't been able to get Sky news on freesat for a long time. I use BBC news now instead if the need arises.
    Tonight I did a complete retune. Itv4 was gone but I managed to add it after. However I can't seem to add Sky news. I used 12207 27500 V but it said transponder already existed and that there was no program.
    Just curious why it is not showing.
    Btw what does 2/3 and 5/6 mean after the frequency listing?

Thanks
    Those setting should be correct for Sky News. Are you getting Pick , Pick+1 or the Community channel which are also on this transponder?

2/3 or 5/6 refers to FEC (forward error correction). Some boxes ask for this setting others do it automatically.

Pick shows up on my channels but like Sky, when I go into it nothing comes up. It says no satellite signal. Just a dark screen.

Try more>movies to confirm that your can still get highband vertical. If that fails it may be a hardware issue. Try your box at a friends house or another box on your dish.

Try more>movies to confirm that your can still get highband vertical. If that fails it may be a hardware issue. Try your box at a friends house or another box on your dish.

I have men&movies. Is the > symbol correct?

> is correct. The channel is called more than movies and there is also a +1 version. A channel listing should show as "more>movies" and "m>movies+1"

No I don't have those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

steveon wrote: »

Also

Channels24
    A nigerian News Channel

11344.50 V DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3

That isn't a free channel...you have to send them your bank details before they give you the news that your account has been emptied... ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭lgs 4

exaisle wrote: »
    That isn't a free channel...you have to send them your bank details before they give you the news that your account has been emptied... ;-)
    Very Good, Funny But True

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread but any solutions to getting Sky News.

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread but any solutions to getting Sky News.
    If you are missing those channels it could be a hardware failure. Try your box in a friends house with a known good dish. If it works there it implies your LNB (on the dish arm) is faulty. If it doesn't work on your friends dish, the box is faulty.

If you are missing those channels it could be a hardware failure. Try your box in a friends house with a known good dish. If it works there it implies your LNB (on the dish arm) is faulty. If it doesn't work on your friends dish, the box is faulty.

It seems strange that I can get so many of the channels except that one. I used to have Sky News but then it disappeared over a year ago.
    I don't want to be moving the box with unattaching cables etc. I was hoping it might be a more simple issue. Out of interest did Sky News change freq about a year ago?

The FEC settings for that transponder changed about 6 weeks back to 5/6. However you say you lost Sky News a year ago. You could try deleting that transponder and scanning it again or try scanning 12208. ( a slight difference shouldn't upset the strength )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Two new channels

BonanzaBonanza - launches tomorrow. Its another desperately cheapo chanel full of low grade public domain copies of old series.

Spike TV coming in 2015.

BonanzaBonanza is getting the rebrand and launch that was anticipated, on June 10th as SHOWBIZ TV.
    Happy Monday everyone! Exciting news for all you Bonanza Bonanza viewers....the channel is getting a fresh new look and will be called ShowBiz TV! The changeover will happen on the 10 June 2015... you can watch all your favorite classic TV shows on Sky 266, Freesat 157 AND we will have new programmes coming soon! Watch this space ;o)

• Advertisement

The FEC settings for that transponder changed about 6 weeks back to 5/6. However you say you lost Sky News a year ago. You could try deleting that transponder and scanning it again or try scanning 12208. ( a slight difference shouldn't upset the strength )

I tried those Gerry but it didn't work.

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭MenloPete

You don't say what equipment you are using. Are you sure you have the local oscillator frequency set correctly?

MenloPete wrote: »
    You don't say what equipment you are using. Are you sure you have the local oscillator frequency set correctly?

Not sure what you mean by that.
    I have a Triax tsc 114 combi box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

itv2hd, itv3hd and itv4hd are changing transponders for a uk beam

will the above go on freesat soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ftakeith wrote: »

Come on baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭lgs 4

If they breakaway from the sky funding ???? :mad::rolleyes:

they will me arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ciaran_otoole

Not sure what you mean by that.
    I have a Triax tsc 114 combi box.

Don't know if this helps, but I had a problem with interference a few years back. Turns out that I wasn't picking up some channels because a cordless phone plugged in nearby was causing interference.

BonanzaBonanza is getting the rebrand and launch that was anticipated, on June 10th as SHOWBIZ TV.

Has duly happened, flicking through the EPG for the next week shows a heavy reliance on old US TV drama and comedy with cartoons in the morning, some feature films (not all copyright free!) in the evening and Irish Country the rest of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Its ITV central

tks
    Not yet.
    The new one currently testing was thought to be for ITV Wales but so far is showing Central instead.
    Nope. That region relays ITV central HD on terrestrial still

Confirmed by a516digital.com on Twitter that ITV Wales HD is now officially testing on Satellite.

https://twitter.com/a516digital/status/609051168191459328

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hi, sorry for the vague description but my fathers Aviva had a channel he used to get films on that went scrambled a week or two ago, could have been longer. It was called m>movies or mmovies or something like that, I dont think it was movies4men as he still has those, does that ring a bell with anyone? Again sorry for vague description.

Thargor wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for the vague description but my fathers Aviva had a channel he used to get films on that went scrambled a week or two ago, could have been longer. It was called m>movies or mmovies or something like that, I dont think it was movies4men as he still has those, does that ring a bell with anyone? Again sorry for vague description.

more>movies 12552 V 22000 5/6
    more>movies+1 12610 V 22000 5/6

just for info
    movies4men 12633 H 22000 5/6
    movies4men+1 12633 H 22000 5/6

Thanks a million Gerry more movies seems to be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Two FTA blank channels appear to have a Dolby Digital symbol on them while on Astra 28.2.

Their SID number's are listed as 53152 & 53153.

Frequency: 11223 V 27495

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Two FTA blank channels appear to have a Dolby Digital symbol on them while on Astra 28.2.

Their SID number's are listed as 53152 & 53153.

Frequency: 11223 V 27495
    I think these are for premier sports HD.

• Advertisement

11053 h 23000 is itv granada

Talking Pictures, its on the EPG as a FTA channel but there is no picture/sound

I tried updating the frequency but again nothing.

11671.75 H DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6

anyone else with this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Talking Pictures, its on the EPG as a FTA channel but there is no picture/sound

I tried updating the frequency but again nothing.

11671.75 H DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6

anyone else with this problem?

Have had countless problems with this channel myself and why it keeps changing freq so much since launch is ridiculous

Working fine for me on those settings. It was one of many caught up in the Astra2G reshuffle.

Is it a good channel?

Mostly old Ealing b+w 50's stuff if that floats your boat:)

Working fine for me on those settings. It was one of many caught up in the Astra2G reshuffle.

Curious, apart from me and steveon I know someone is having issues as posted on Britmovie forum about this channel. Something is up. Anyway I've posted an e-mail on the channel website so hopefully they'll have some sage advice.

Has anyone lost bbc channels over the last couple of days? I did a rescan but no luck.

Has anyone lost bbc channels over the last couple of days? I did a rescan but no luck.
    Which BBCs as they are spread over several transponders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Thinking this is fault on kingofsat , because the likes of itv 2 hd & 1tv 4 hd was not working on the kingofsat settings on sky hd box with hd sub and solo2 then try flysat settings itv hd,s are back on there settings .

Use this site feq on this link it,s better then kingofsat i think .
    http://www.flysat.com/astra28.php

And if you need a new satellite xml this site will cover your needs .

http://satellites-xml.org/ supported by the openvix team .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement