Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help my boyfriend find his things

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,678 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It's unusual. That's all we're saying.

Forgetting anything about the area is odd too. As is paying a taxi without realising the wallet was missing. ( If he did notice the missing wallet at the drop off -- when he paid -- he could have asked the taxi driver where the pickup happened. )

I thought the OP said her boyfriend decided to walk instead of getting a taxi?

But yeah, course it's unusual, but hardly the most unusual thing I've ever heard. I've had fairly similar happen a couple of times (I'll spare people here the details, but no anal probes were involved, thankfully! :pac: )

Lots of low probabilities.a more likely story here is he was abducted by aliens and dropped back to earth when they realised he wasn't the prime homo sapien specimen they were hoping for.

*takes notes for the next time I have to explain where I was for the last three days* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

(I'll spare people here the details, but no anal probes were involved, thankfully! :pac: )

Not even your little one eyed jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF its a smartphone,
    worth a few hundred ,the phone company will be able to get the ip adress ,location etc where it is,if its being used for 3g acess, webrowsing, etc
    whether they ,ll give this info to your boyfriend is another story .
    if the phone was not reset, new sim card put in.
    i know someone , their iphone 5 was robbed .
    they used app to track it to a building .
    But they gave up at that point.
    building has 30 flats apartments in it .
    IF i had a 500 euro phone i,d insure it.
    or buy a standard smartphone 65 euro.

he could walk around the area ,in daytime , sober,
    see does he see a familiar house.
    THE phone company would have a record of where he was when he phoned you .
    if he phoned you from the strangers house .

Phone companys keep records for billing etc this also has some location
    data of where the phone call was made from.

i found 3 phones ,powered on on the road, ,in the last 5 years
    i rang up the various owner.s,
    and gave the phone back ,met the owner,s
    or left the phone with someone else to be picked up by the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,678 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

riclad wrote: »
    IF its a smartphone,
    worth a few hundred ,the phone company will be able to get the ip adress ,location etc where it is,if its being used for 3g acess, webrowsing, etc

Erm...

Read my OP, he didn't lose his phone.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

You said he has an iPhone yeah?

Tell him to do the following:

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations

That should show you were he was, so long as he was there for more than a few mins (and location tracking is turned on!)

(as an aside the amount of information collected on the phone is phenomenal!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Holy jaysus, the smell of cynicism off this thread.

I don't get how so many people are sure he went off to cheat, especially if he was ringing her while with the lads. I'm sure she knows her boyfriend well enough to know if he would do that or not - there's this mad thing some people have in a relationship called trust.

It's obviously a silly thing to go back with randomers, but I know loads of people who've done it and they're not looking for drugs or anything like has been suggested. They're just looking for somewhere to continue the partying/drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

He'll need his wallet to buy some cream before the itching starts...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

My boyfriend went back to a house with two guys the other night when he was killing some time to wait to meet up with me as I was out too. (Yes yes, he went home with strangers, he was drunk and now realises it was stupid so save your judgement please :))

Anyway these two guys were very friendly and he stayed there for an hour or so and then left.

That Story =

http://womenonthefence.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Swiss-Cheese.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

They will be in the last place you look, I can 100% guarantee it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

What makes you say that?

He went back to a lady's place, disrobed, and mounted her in famous style. As her boyfriend rang to say he'd be round in 10 minutes your boyfriend had to flee the scene of the crime post-haste. Clambering into his jeans and shirt, he absconded leaving behind his critical possessions.

• Advertisement

It's an iPhone, any idea if it has a similar function?

How come he remembered to take his phone when he was leaving their house but not his wallet, keys or jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rosie Gardens

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I have a feeling the upcoming referendum will have a big impact on your relationship...

You think he's gonna run for president?

Ah jaysus, here's some context for you so.

He was at a BBQ in that area and said he'd come back to mine after. I was on the opposite side of the city at a friends birthday. Everyone left the BBQ at about 1am but I told him I probably wouldn't be home for an hour. This meant he had some time to kill (it would be pointless getting a taxi all the way out to where I was just to head home) so went for a drunken walk, as you do, and bumped into two friendly drunk lads who asked if he wanted to come back to theirs to kill some time. He rang me to tell me this and then put one of them on the phone to me.

After about 40 mins there he left to get a taxi out to mine.

Stranger things have happened. Now stop accusing my lovely boyfriend of cheating.

What city was this?

Normally in Dublin if you are drunk and bump into any (strange) drunk lads, friendly or not, you get your fuckin' head kicked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

How depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Egginacup wrote: »
    What city was this?

Normally in Dublin if you are drunk and bump into any (strange) drunk lads, friendly or not, you get your fuckin' head kicked in.

Eh, no you don't.

This story is a little bit disjointed to say the least OP.

I can understand the going back to strangers gafs - I used to both go back and bring back all manner of nut jobs I collected on a night out, for all manner of reasons - drink, drugs, sex, sometimes just because - so yes it does happen. People do meet strangers and go places with them. We aren't all paranoid of anal rape or cannibalism or whatever the hell some people waste their time worrying about!

What I can't understand is -
    A - how do you pay for a taxi without money?
    B - how do you "put on" a stranger to ease your girlfriends mind, considering that
    C - they are strangers
    D - you've lost your phone
    E - I also struggle to comprehend why if he has the ability to somehow communicate with these "friendly strangers" - he doesn't just ask for his stuff back.

In conclusion - I think this whole thing is a complete fabrication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Most posters on here adhering strongly to the stereotyped nerdy boards user; insecure, no friends and fück all RL experience.

How do any of you meet new people if you're so afraid?! I've gone back to places with people I only met countless times. Male and female. In dozens of cities / towns.

Never have had anything untoward happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Egginacup wrote: »

What? Who told you that??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

You said he has an iPhone yeah?

Tell him to do the following:

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations

That should show you were he was, so long as he was there for more than a few mins (and location tracking is turned on!)

(as an aside the amount of information collected on the phone is phenomenal!)

Oh sh1t would you look at that..... Wouldn't wana be up to no good get his phone OP if you dare :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Eh, no you don't.

I can understand the going back to strangers gafs - I used to both go back and bring back all manner of nut jobs I collected on a night out, for all manner of reasons - drink, drugs, sex, sometimes just because - so yes it does happen. People do meet strangers and go places with them. We aren't all paranoid of anal rape or cannibalism or whatever the hell some people waste their time worrying about!

B - how do you "put on" a stranger to ease your girlfriends mind, considering that
    C - they are strangers
    E - I also struggle to comprehend why if he has the ability to somehow communicate with these "friendly strangers" - he doesn't just ask for his stuff back.

The ops fella didn't lose his phone. He could have paid for the taxi using Hailo or got the op to pay for it when he arrived at her gaff. The story sounds believable enough to me mainly for the reason of why would you bother making something like this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭ozmo

I asked if there was location history on an iPhone.

* Yes - its in the settings - but it doesnt update itself very often.
    http://www.iclarified.com/36198/how-to-view-the-location-history-of-your-iphone

* If he took a photo it would be geotagged with the cordinates - this would be your best bet.

* The phone company could also work out the location the call he made from there was from but you wont get that info off them easily.

* There is also a database in the phone you can get to via iFunBox App but this is a much more difficult process and not as accurate anyway as the above.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

I spoke to him that night and I told him he was an idiot to be going back to a house with strangers, he then put on one of them to show me how nice they were. Plus he would never in a million years cheat on me. But thanks for the input :)

Simply not true.

Deathwish4 wrote: »
    Simply not true.

Yep, there's no way he's going to live a million years. I doubt he'd even live half of that.

strobe wrote: »
    Stands to reason his keys and wallet were in his jacket pockets, so he lost them all as a set, rather than individually. Leave the jacket and you leave the lot. Rookie mistake, keys, phone and wallet stay in your pants pockets, you won't lose your pants nine times out of ten, and the one in ten you do your keys and wallet are the least of your concerns.

I never understand people who keep their keys and wallet in their jacket. It's incomprehensible to me. You wear trousers out all year round.....what do they do when it's too hot for a jacket? I know Ireland isn't exactly Florida, temperature-wise, but there are many days when there is, as Phil Collins would say, no jacket required.
    What do they do when then go indoors like in a pub? Take off the jacket and reach into it each time they need to go to the bar and then put the wallet back in the jacket when they sit back down?

I keep my phone, a pen and my ciggies in my jacket and that's it. The phone is too cumbersome to be kept in a jeans pocket and when you're trying to fish it out when it rings you invariably hangup on the fucker. Also it will break if you have it in an arse pocket and sit down. Ciggies too will just get crushed in the jeans pocket and a pen will spear your scrotum if you're not careful.

Wallet in a jacket pocket? .....pickpocket's dream.

riclad wrote: »
    IF its a smartphone,

I don't think the phone company gives out this kind of information unless it's requested by law enforcement as part of a criminal investigation or if it's subpoened.

Eh, no you don't.

C - they are strangers

He didn't lose his phone as was pointed out umpteen times on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

OP if he had no money and got a taxi using Hailo or Lynk can he check that to see where he was collected from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

swervring wrote: »
    OP if he had no money and got a taxi using Hailo or Lynk can he check that to see where he was collected from?

Then you can use a website that might have something to do with classic ford cars-Ireland.com to see which 'lady' he was seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Stheno wrote: »
    Are you sure it was two blokes?

And a Cup !!

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Funniest thread in a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Ring taxi crowd and ask taxi man

Advertisement