Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help my boyfriend find his things

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Has he checked his pockets yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

strobe wrote: »
    Why are people thinking he cheated on her? That wouldn't explain him not having keys, wallet or a jacket. Not sure how people are coming to that conclusion. He left them inside her after they got really really really kinky? He traded them to her for sex? She is a weird variation on the whole black widow concept but she eats the guy's stuff, rather than the guys themselves? I'm at a loss.
    I've done a fair few strange and risky things with a drink in me, but I've never gone back to a strange gaff with two blokes I just met. Story sounds a wee bit like a story is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

It's an iPhone, any idea if it has a similar function?

Find my phone, I think you access it through iTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

It's an iPhone, any idea if it has a similar function?

https://www.apple.com/ie/icloud/find-my-iphone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Pseudo science nonsense. I get drunk occasionally and I still can't remember where I left my dignity in 1997.

Occasionally get drunk?I've seen the threads you start on Friday and Saturday night about an hour after kicking out time,the musings of a tennents fueled,crazed madman.There is some science backing bikos input,im not botherin me bollix digging it up.As for dignity,I get drunk more than occasionally,and remember exactly where I left my dignity...back in 1995 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

I've done a fair few strange and risky things with a drink in me, but I've never gone back to a strange gaff with two blokes I just met. Story sounds a wee bit like a story is all.

Not even for a quicke an hour?

OP did he get a taxi or walk to the pub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

So maybe he got mugged and doesn't want to admit it or something cause he thinks it'll make him seem like less of a man? Mugged by a gang of 14 year olds or something like that? Maybe something like that..? That I could get people throwing out there. But he cheated and now, therefore, it follows, he no longer has his keys or phone? That just doesn't make any sense...

(I've ended up back at houses with random fckers I've met while catastrophically intoxicated, for the record, so it does happen, there are some of us out there.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Ah jaysus, here's some context for you so.

He was at a BBQ in that area and said he'd come back to mine after. I was on the opposite side of the city at a friends birthday. Everyone left the BBQ at about 1am but I told him I probably wouldn't be home for an hour. This meant he had some time to kill (it would be pointless getting a taxi all the way out to where I was just to head home) so went for a drunken walk, as you do, and bumped into two friendly drunk lads who asked if he wanted to come back to theirs to kill some time. He rang me to tell me this and then put one of them on the phone to me.

After about 40 mins there he left to get a taxi out to mine.

Stranger things have happened. Now stop accusing my lovely boyfriend of cheating.

So maybe he got mugged and doesn't want to admit it or something cause he thinks it'll make him seem like less of a man? Maybe something like that..? That I could get people throwing out there. But he cheated and now, therefore, it follows, he no longer has his keys or phone? That just doesn't make any sense...

(I've ended up back at houses with random fckers I've met while catastrophically intoxicated, for the record, so it does happen, there are some of us out there.)
    Yeah I agree that straight out suggesting he is cheating is a bit presumptuous to say the least, but the coldhearted cynic in me says there is more to the story at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anyway these two guys were very friendly and he stayed there for an hour or so and then left. The only thing is in his drunkeness he left his keys, wallet and jacket behind (again.. he's been beating himself up for his stupidity ever since, no need for judgement).
    Is he walking funny?

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus, here's some context for you so.

He was at a BBQ in that area and said he'd come back to mine after. I was on the opposite side of the city at a friends birthday. Everyone left the BBQ at about 1am but I told him I probably wouldn't be home for an hour. This meant he had some time to kill (it would be pointless getting a taxi all the way out to where I was just to head home) so went for a drunken walk, as you do, and bumped into two friendly drunk lads who asked if he wanted to come back to theirs to kill some time. He rang me to tell me this and then put one of them on the phone to me.

After about 40 mins there he left to get a taxi out to mine.

Stranger things have happened. Now stop accusing my lovely boyfriend of cheating.

Tried ringing the phone? Does his phone have one of those "where is my phone app" things? Think ones pre-installed on the iphones?

I don't think he's cheated on you, that just doesn't add up. Probably did murder someone though and had to dump his jacket as it was covered in blood and she started screaming before he finished her off and he was worried the garda were going to have been rang due to someone hearing the screaming and ****ed it into a river before he thought about his keys and wallet being in it. So I wouldn't go calling him lovely just yet. He's killed a person for Christ sake.

(sorry, I did start off intending to be all helpful Milesandre but everyone else's way seems a lot more fun, so what you gonna do?)

Tried ringing the phone? Does his phone have one of those "where is my phone app" things? Think ones pre-installed on the iphones?

I don't think he's cheated on you, that just doesn't add up. Probably did murder someone though and had to dump his jacket as it was covered in blood and she started screaming before he finished her off and he was worried the garda were going to have been rang due to someone hearing the screaming and ****ed it into a river before he thought about his keys and wallet being in it. So I wouldn't go calling him lovely just yet. He's killed a person for Christ sake.
    (sorry, I did start off intending to be all helpful Milesandre but everyone else's way seems a lot more fun, so what you gonna do?)

Read my OP, he didn't lose his phone.

Or his ring, presumably?:p

Have you tried asking Suri?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

why you ask about the app then? Lies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭Just Be Yourself

bjork wrote: »
    Sounds plausible

and he only signed up to tinder to see what it was all about

Right!?!

Grinder more like!

Oh right, sorry, my phone is usually amongst my former possessions in these situations.

Yeah I guess, believe it or not the best thing to do, like someone suggested, is get him hammered again and take a walk around the general area, hope something clicks.

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    why you ask about the app then? Lies.

I asked if there was location history on an iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

How did he pay for the taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Where did he meet these guys? If at the BBQ then ask the host who they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

This has got to be a troll.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Where did he meet these guys? If at the BBQ then ask the host who they were.

the phoneix park

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

bjork wrote: »
    Have you tried asking Suri?

Or her Dad,Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Why did he take his wallet out at the lads' house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Talk about jumping on the criticism bandwagon in this thread. It's such a horrible facet of Irish culture. "Oh something bad happened you? I bet and hope something way more sinister is afoot." For shame, AH. :S

OP, have you tried putting an ad in the lost and found for yere local newspaper? Or check and see if there are any Facebook groups for the area and post there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Is the guys first name Jim? Then should be no bother, not many of them in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

Why did he take his wallet out at the lads' house?

D'uh, to get the condom out....

fussyonion wrote: »
    Or her Dad,Tom.

..who is also heterosexual...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Try some other garda stations nearby, from stories I hear many are incompetent cunts and it may not be relayed onto other stations.

Was there ID in the wallet. I found a ID and was easily able to inform the place where it was from who told me he had already contacted them and had been cancelled and told me to destroy it.

If they were thieves they would have made not attempt to find him, its very easy to report stuff these days if you find it.

You could even put flyers in the door if you know the general area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I gave my mate a buzz there OP. He said he'd be free alright tomorrow to "help" your boyfriend find his things....he suggests they start in the bushes.

Advertisement