Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help my boyfriend find his things

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I gave my mate a buzz there OP. He said he'd be free alright tomorrow to "help" your boyfriend find his things....he suggests they start in the bushes.

That's nice of your friend to offer him a hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Why did he take his wallet out at the lads' house?

Stands to reason his keys and wallet were in his jacket pockets, so he lost them all as a set, rather than individually. Leave the jacket and you leave the lot. Rookie mistake, keys, phone and wallet stay in your pants pockets, you won't lose your pants nine times out of ten, and the one in ten you do your keys and wallet are the least of your concerns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

He was at a BBQ in that area and said he'd come back to mine after. I was on the opposite side of the city at a friends birthday. Everyone left the BBQ at about 1am but I told him I probably wouldn't be home for an hour. This meant he had some time to kill (it would be pointless getting a taxi all the way out to where I was just to head home) so went for a drunken walk, as you do, and bumped into two friendly drunk lads who asked if he wanted to come back to theirs to kill some time.

Why would he not just go back to your gaff and wait for you there? Or go get a kebab? Isn't that kind of the drunken instinct with these things, "jaysus I'm bored, OFF TO THE CHIPPER"

Maybe you should put something up on facebook, or better yet here, if he has both first names and the general area surely someone will know them, tis Ireland after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I asked if there was location history on an iPhone.

Yep. Go into settings>privacy>location services >system services> frequent locations and you might get an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

You don't just go home with random strangers for a chat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

wakka12 wrote: »

Lads into weed and various drugs are always at it. They bond too well too quick and then sh*t hits the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

You wouldn't, fair enough, but I know plenty of people that do and have done.

I don't think the OP is likely to have any chance of her boyfriend retrieving his stuff though, best just chalk it down to experience and move on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,070 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Has he been walking funny since?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Was he the giver or the taker

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

beertons wrote: »
    Has he been walking funny since?

Nope he always walks with a limp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

Ah jaysus, here's some context for you so.

He was at a BBQ in that area and said he'd come back to mine after. I was on the opposite side of the city at a friends birthday. Everyone left the BBQ at about 1am but I told him I probably wouldn't be home for an hour. This meant he had some time to kill (it would be pointless getting a taxi all the way out to where I was just to head home) so went for a drunken walk, as you do, and bumped into two friendly drunk lads who asked if he wanted to come back to theirs to kill some time. He rang me to tell me this and then put one of them on the phone to me.

After about 40 mins there he left to get a taxi out to mine.

Stranger things have happened. Now stop accusing my lovely boyfriend of cheating.
    How did he pay for the taxi if he forgot his wallet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

But to a small party you would. E.g. if you had a lip on you for more booze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It sounds like he went for another "spit roast" after the BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

if you have first names and a location do a facebook search.

also he's lying,and this story is bad.sorry op.

Between this and the thread about the two girls, quite a few people seem not to differentiate between "I suspect it's not true" and "I know it's not true".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Ah jaysus, here's some context for you so.

He was at a BBQ in that area and said he'd come back to mine after. I was on the opposite side of the city at a friends birthday. Everyone left the BBQ at about 1am but I told him I probably wouldn't be home for an hour. This meant he had some time to kill (it would be pointless getting a taxi all the way out to where I was just to head home) so went for a drunken walk, as you do, and bumped into two friendly drunk lads who asked if he wanted to come back to theirs to kill some time. He rang me to tell me this and then put one of them on the phone to me.

After about 40 mins there he left to get a taxi out to mine.

Stranger things have happened. Now stop accusing my lovely boyfriend of cheating.

Stranger things have happened where exactly?

Meeting people at the BBQ and going back to their place is itself unusual in Ireland, bumping into random strangers then deciding -- or even getting asked -- to their place for no reason is more unusual, forgetting a jacket in a house on what is a cold enough month of May is suspicious, and losing all of keys, wallet and jacket at once (I instinctively pat my keys in my trousers when I leave any house or work) and forgetting where all this happened is verging on ludicrous. He couldn't have walked far from where the bbq ended.

Probably he was invited back for some "smokes" and was robbed, and is telling a half truth out of embarrassment.

Randomners in the street? Were they wearing a party costume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Stranger things have happened where exactly?

Jack Nicholson's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Your boyfriend is a ****wit, tell his mother she didn't do a good job about telling him not going home with strangers and ring the taxi company that he got as I'm guessing it's their.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling he isn't telling you absolutely everything?

I literally spat a mouthful of tea straight onto my monitor when I read that!

I shall be sending you an invoice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Literally? Or... figuratively?

Randomners in the street? Were they wearing a party costume?
    "We're heading to a party if you want to join us" is all that's required, no party costume (people don't wear party costumes anyway).
    I've definitely known that to happen on drunken nights out.
    Just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. Without context I understood people not being convinced of the story, but don't see why others are so *certain* the guy was up to something either.

Of course stranger things have happened. You'd swear the OP's story was utterly unfathomable, when it's pretty mundane.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

What an expression! :D

Honestly though, one would swear that just because they've never done something, that's cool, grand, their own business, but to suggest that just because they've never done it that it's implausible that anyone else would do something they wouldn't?

Of course people do stuff sometimes that no explanation would possibly make what they did seem rational. Sometimes the truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CobraClan wrote: »
    How did he pay for the taxi if he forgot his wallet?
    Christ, the OP is only just copping on about the 2 fellas he sucked drier than a desert, now she has has to wonder what he got up to with the taximan!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

So he lost his jacket, his wallet, his keys and his virginity

Bad night all round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭omega man

sam34 wrote: »
    Yep. Go into settings>privacy>location services >system services> frequent locations and you might get an answer

Ha you learn something new everyday. I'd say that could get someone in a spot of bother with their OH!

What an expression! :D

Honestly though, one would swear that just because they've never done something, that's cool, grand, their own business, but to suggest that just because they've never done it that it's implausible that anyone else would do something they wouldn't?

Of course people do stuff sometimes that no explanation would possibly make what they did seem rational. Sometimes the truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

It's unusual. That's all we're saying.

Forgetting anything about the area is odd too. As is paying a taxi without realising the wallet was missing. ( If he did notice the missing wallet at the drop off -- when he paid -- he could have asked the taxi driver where the pickup happened. )

Lots of low probabilities.a more likely story here is he was abducted by aliens and dropped back to earth when they realised he wasn't the prime homo sapien specimen they were hoping for.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What sort of phone does he have? You can track your own whereabouts pretty easily on either android or iPhone.

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    Ha you learn something new everyday. I'd say that could get someone in a spot of bother with their OH!

Jesus that is interesting. It's got most places I have been in Dublin in the last month. Well then OP. Problem solved.

Keep us informed.

Advertisement