Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help my boyfriend find his things

Options
  • 18-05-2015 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

My boyfriend went back to a house with two guys the other night when he was killing some time to wait to meet up with me as I was out too. (Yes yes, he went home with strangers, he was drunk and now realises it was stupid so save your judgement please :))

Anyway these two guys were very friendly and he stayed there for an hour or so and then left. The only thing is in his drunkeness he left his keys, wallet and jacket behind (again.. he's been beating himself up for his stupidity ever since, no need for judgement).

Because he can't remember where the house was exactly he can't figure out how to get back his items. They haven't turned up in the area's local Garda station.

All he has is the guys first name and a general idea of where he lives. Any ideas for how he might get back his things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Door to door

Consult a psychic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

My boyfriend went back to a house with two guys the other night when he was killing some time to wait to meet up with me as I was out too. (Yes yes, he went home with strangers, he was drunk and now realises it was stupid so save your judgement please :))

Anyway these two guys were very friendly and he stayed there for an hour or so and then left. The only thing is in his drunkeness he left his keys, wallet and jacket behind (again.. he's been beating himself up for his stupidity ever since, no need for judgement).

Because he can't remember where the house was exactly he can't figure out how to get back his items. They haven't turned up in the area's local Garda station.

All he has is the guys first name and a general idea of where he lives. Any ideas for how he might get back his things?
    Why do I get the feeling he isn't telling you absolutely everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Best thread title of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get him drunk again and drop him off in the area.
    Once back to the same state of mind as last time he'll remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

As my mother always used to say "Did you look where you last saw it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

My boyfriend went back to a house with two guys the other night
    I think you and your boyfriend need to have a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling he isn't telling you absolutely everything?

What makes you say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Go to where he met up with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

What makes you say that?

I'm fairly sure he wasn't with 2 guys, he was with a lady friend and doesn't want to go back to her house to get his stuff.

He has used an awful awful excuse :D

• Advertisement

Hahaha, these responses. What more did I expect from AH in fairness.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What makes you say that?

Are you sure it was two blokes?

I'm fairly sure he wasn't with 2 guys, he was with a lady friend and doesn't want to go back to her house to get his stuff.

That was my first thought too. Sorry OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

The only kind of men that go back to another mans house after a night out are.... ye know... or they were just.... swapsies the druggies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

What makes you say that?
    The fact I'm in After Hours and am duty bound to reply to threads such as this with innuendo-laced posts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Candie wrote: »
    That was my first thought too. Sorry OP.

Mine too

I spoke to him that night and I told him he was an idiot to be going back to a house with strangers, he then put on one of them to show me how nice they were. Plus he would never in a million years cheat on me. But thanks for the input :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Why'd he go back in the first place? I mean, if it was to look at a trainset or something then there might be a local club or something that could put him back in touch with his new friends? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I have a feeling the upcoming referendum will have a big impact on your relationship...

I spoke to him that night and I told him he was an idiot to be going back to a house with strangers, he then put on one of them to show me how nice they were. Plus he would never in a million years cheat on me. But thanks for the input :)

What do you mean he put on one of them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

PLACE AN AD IN THE HERALD FOR A DOGGING SESSION

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

biko wrote: »
    Get him drunk again and drop him off in the area.
    Once back to the same state of mind as last time he'll remember.

All jokes aside this suggestion has some substance,it taps into the sub conscious.Its the reason fuzz do reconstructions when trying to solve crimes when leads are thin on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Sounds plausible

and he only signed up to tinder to see what it was all about

Right!?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

What did you talk to "him" about when your boyfriend put him on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Has ge been scratching himself? He may have lost his wallet ect... but brought something else home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

All jokes aside this suggestion has some substance,it taps into the sub conscious.Its the reason fuzz do reconstructions when trying to solve crimes when leads are thin on the ground.
    Pseudo science nonsense. I get drunk occasionally and I still can't remember where I left my dignity in 1997.

Pseudo science nonsense. I get drunk occasionally and I still can't remember where I left my dignity in 1997.

Is it Monday again? I'll miss your antics later, am having an early night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is it an Android phone? Tell him to check here - https://maps.google.ie/locationhistory (when logged in).

Is it an Android phone? Tell him to check here - https://maps.google.ie/locationhistory (when logged in).

It's an iPhone, any idea if it has a similar function?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Why are people thinking he cheated on her? That wouldn't explain him not having keys, wallet or a jacket. Not sure how people are coming to that conclusion. He left them inside her after they got really really really kinky? He traded them to her for sex? She is a weird variation on the whole black widow concept but she eats the guy's stuff, rather than the guys themselves? I'm at a loss.

Advertisement