Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - ESB/Vodafone Fibre To The Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mailsanchu

Powered By Light @poweredby_light · 1h 1 hour ago
    On the 14th May, our new brand will be unveiled. Follow us here to find out more. #PoweredByLight

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

mailsanchu wrote: »
    Powered By Light @poweredby_light · 1h 1 hour ago
    On the 14th May, our new brand will be unveiled. Follow us here to find out more. #PoweredByLight

Hmm... "unveiled"... does this mean they are going to just mention it again and list the first number of towns/cities? Or will we be able to order it on that date and actually get it for maybe perhaps August/September?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

Manc Red wrote: »
    Hmm... "unveiled"... does this mean they are going to just mention it again and list the first number of towns/cities? Or will we be able to order it on that date and actually get it for maybe perhaps August/September?

In not sure but the indication was that after the launch on the 14th the retailers would have prices up, I don't know if that means you can order it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The actual name of the joint company I assume...(brand)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danny Boy

Praetorian wrote: »
    The actual name of the joint company I assume...(brand)

'Evolve' by most accounts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,516 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

From the CRO - https://search.cro.ie/company/CompanyDetails.aspx?id=540946&type=C
    Type Private limited by shares
    Number 540946
    Name EVOLVE STRUCTURING SERVICES LIMITED
    Address 27 LOWER FITZWILLIAM STREET DUBLIN 2

Registered 12/03/2014

From LinkedIn

Jenny Howe - Programme Director at Vodafone, Non Executive Director at Evolve Structuring Services Limited
    David Harney - Lead Supply Chain Manager Vodafone/ESB FTTB Joint Venture (currently known as Evolve Structuring Services Ltd./FTTb Co.), Vodafone Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Their having a panel discussion on Thursday at the launch event. It's obvious from their panel that nobody in Ireland knows a thing about Fibre!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Did they say if its P2P or gpon 1, 2 or ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Nollog

dbit wrote: »
    Did they say if its P2P or gpon 1, 2 or ?????

It was gpon last year, but who knows.

https://twitter.com/Nollog_/status/598079996243136512
    Senpai noticed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

They will be offering GPON services with a global split ratio of 1:32. This info comes from their Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/poweredby_light/status/598075781877735424

It will be interesting to see which areas will be selected for rollout on Thursday. Let's hope it is well spread and not confined to a specific region or county. Being a bit selfish here but I hope Maas is one of them.

• Advertisement

cunnijo wrote: »
    They will be offering GPON services with a global split ratio of 1:32. This info comes from their Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/poweredby_light/status/598075781877735424

It will be interesting to see which areas will be selected for rollout on Thursday. Let's hope it is well spread and not confined to a specific region or county. Being a bit selfish here but I hope Maas is one of them.

Thats my tweet . !!

Well done dbit on getting that response from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

...but I hope Maas is one of them.

Errmmokay. And Drogheda. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

Danny Boy wrote: »
    'Evolve' by most accounts

Sounds like a crappy team name from The Apprentice!

ro23 wrote: »
    Sounds like a crappy team name from The Apprentice!

Hopefully it does not translate to running around after a monster all night long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

dbit wrote: »
    Thats my tweet . !!

Your now Internet boards famous

Your now Internet boards famous

Lulz its official I'm uber .

24 hours to go.

24 hours to go.

FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, FAP, !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I'm not expecting much in the way of information to be honest. Certainly not prices or confirmed speeds etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Liamario wrote: »
    I'm not expecting much in the way of information to be honest. Certainly not prices or confirmed speeds etc.

Well Eircom have already announced speeds and prices *, so I don't see why they wouldn't give some idea too.

* Wholesale prices, but it is easy to workout what retail prices are likely to be based on the wholesale/retail prices of FTTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Well,do you care to provide a guesstimate for Eircom ftth prices?

The launch is off at 11:00am .... @dbit - only 2 hours to go!!!

https://twitter.com/poweredby_light/status/598750449378992129

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    The launch is off at 11:00am .... @dbit - only 2 hours to go!!!

https://twitter.com/poweredby_light/status/598750449378992129

Loading up on , lotion , rubber hose and a basket as we speak . FAp Fap Fap.

Liamario wrote: »
    Well,do you care to provide a guesstimate for Eircom ftth prices?

Twelvety milion dollars.

Eircom wholesale are spamming the hell out of their twitter followers this morning. Trying to take the edge off ESB/VFs launch methinks.

https://twitter.com/eircomwholesale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

eircom wholesale's last tweet shows their "fibre rollout map".

That shows cabinets in Dublin road in Drogheda as 'fibre live'. I suppose they are referring to FTTC in that instance, right? They haven't wired any estates in Drogheda to FTTH, have they? It's a bit confusing when they tweets 4-5 times about 1 GB access in various towns and then show a map that shows "fibre live". If I am reading this correctly eircom only expects to wire FTTH to homes by 2016...

Looking forward to what ESB-Vodafone has to say today. I hope they have more concrete plans and exact details than vague suggestions or plans.

PS: Found Eircom's first 16 places from a link on the other thread (http://www.businessandleadership.com/business/item/50358-eircom-appoints-huawei-as-f). They include Drogheda. Nice.

The odds are Eircom are going to potentially win this battle. With their announcement of rollout of FTTH to 19 areas by August (most of which are part of the ESB rollout) it will be interesting to see what areas ESB announce at 11am and once done how quickly will the ISP's update their websites with pricing, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

positron wrote: »
    eircom wholesale's last tweet shows their "fibre rollout map".

That shows cabinets in Dublin road in Drogheda as 'fibre live'. I suppose they are referring to FTTC in that instance, right? They haven't wired any estates in Drogheda to FTTH, have they? It's a bit confusing when they tweets 4-5 times about 1 GB access in various towns and then show a map that shows "fibre live". If I am reading this correctly eircom only expects to wire FTTH to homes by 2016...

Looking forward to what ESB-Vodafone has to say today. I hope they have more concrete plans and exact details than vague suggestions or plans.

PS: Found Eircom's first 16 places from a link on the other thread (http://www.businessandleadership.com/business/item/50358-eircom-appoints-huawei-as-f). They include Drogheda. Nice.

I hope they keep to the time frame as my town is one of the 16 would be great if we had access it by august

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You would think that ESB would rollout in areas Sitcom aren't because Sitcom would have rolled out FTTC already making it easier for them to rollout FTTB?

Advertisement