Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

How are all the July mums and babies? Hard to believe we have 8 month olds!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Hi, long time no post! My wee toots is 8 months today. Can't believe it. Breastfeeding is going strong and we're having fun with baby led weaning...very funny watching him eat a banana :-)
    Hope all the July 14 Mamas are doing well xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Hi, long time no post! My wee toots is 8 months today. Can't believe it. Breastfeeding is going strong and we're having fun with baby led weaning...very funny watching him eat a banana :-)
    Hope all the July 14 Mamas are doing well xxx

Abigail is 8 months on Tuesday. It's like trying to feed a bottomless pit! She's shovelling down food like no-one's business - her favourite being stew and bolognese at the minute. She absolutely has to have a taste of whatever you are having, so we've figured out a lot of her likes and dislikes - she loves broccoli and hates whipped cream (yes, I know, no dairy - she only got a lick of it).
    No teeth yet still, and no major difficulty with teething either. Starting to get up on her knees now, but manages to get about short distances by pulling herself along on her belly, or by shoving off with her feet when she's on her back! She can wave at you now, which has been cause for many tears on Nana's night with her! She's also started to repeat a few things now - like when you ask her what "No nonsense Mama says", she will wave her hand and say "AH AH AH!". Everyone in the family has one particular song that she likes them, and only them to sing. As soon as "If you're happy and you know it" comes on, she asks for her Nana, and if she can see her, she will wave and smile and scream until she sings it :p Granda (Gaga) sings all sorts of old stuff that she hates other people singing!
    Opie is really starting to bond with her - he will constantly offer her his toys for her to "throw" and will sit and let her feel his fur (under strict supervision I am teaching her from the word go that pulling is not allowed).
    We're still sleeping through the night from 8-8 now (since the sun comes up earlier) and she'll throw in two cat naps in the day whenever the mood takes her!

Still trying for number 2, due to test now in a few days! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

<...> Breastfeeding is going strong and we're having fun with baby led weaning...<...>
    Same here! not much gets eaten at BLW front but it's fun anyways ;)
    he's mastered crawling and now he's practicing standing up. Babysitting has got soooo much harder. I have to watch him like a hawk, not a minute free for mommy anymore, ah well... I can't wait until he's starts walking, or at least gets his balance sorted out...

2015-03-15%20Fake%20tan%20small_zpsyadur2td.jpg

j@utis wrote: »
    Same here! not much gets eaten at BLW front but it's fun anyways ;)
    he's mastered crawling and now he's practicing standing up. Babysitting has got soooo much harder. I have to watch him like a hawk, not a minute free for mommy anymore, ah well... I can't wait until he's starts walking, or at least gets his balance sorted out...

I sat it every time you post but I just can't get over how advanced he is!!!! Wowsers!

• Advertisement

Thanks Ocean, I expect him to walk well before his first birthday.
    I remember when I started going to local bf group back in august, one of the moms brought her 10mo who was walking already, I though to myself NO WAY! but now it seems we're gonna get there soon too ;) it takes him about a month to master the new 'trick' before he starts doing something new.
    he has 5 teeth at the moment, and 6th one is on the way.

Thanks Ocean, I expect him to walk well before his first birthday.
    I remember when I started going to local bf group back in august, one of the moms brought her 10mo who was walking already, I though to myself NO WAY! but now it seems we're gonna get there soon too ;) it takes him about a month to master the new 'trick' before he starts doing something new.
    he has 5 teeth at the moment, and 6th one is on the way.

Obviously some kids just progress naturally at a quicker rate than others, but you put in so much work with tummy time etc that I'm sure that had to help with his strength and development too. So well done you (and daddy)!!

Question for you, assuming the front two top and bottom came first, which tooth was number 5? We hsve four here and I'm nit sure which to expect next.

well, he loved tummy time, and when he learned how to roll over he spent all his day and night on his tummy :D so I can't take credit for it.

tooth no5 errupted just beside the bottom two few days ago. no6 is on the other side. I can see the next pair in the gums on the top too, they're beside the big ones.
    the gap in between the top front teeth is hilarious:
    2015-03-02%20bucktooth_zpsu0ggz906.jpg

The rate Abigail is going, her entire set is just going to sprout up at the same time :p

11025741_10152838178702998_6093080701314244875_n.jpg

And just for ships and giggles, here's Abigail's face when she bit into a (peeled) orange segment for the first time yesterday.

11045848_10152838098322998_497102535817183116_n.jpg

lol those cheeks :D what's her weight and height now?
    Ruben has stopped growing, only putting on 300grams or so per month. he was 8.92kg and 73cm when we went in for 7months check-up at the start of this month.

• Advertisement

Ruben has stopped growing, only putting on 300grams or so per month. he was 8.92kg and 73cm when we went in for 7months check-up at the start of this month.

No idea, she was last at the health nurse at 4 months, supposed to have a 7-9 month check, but no sign of them making the appointment :( She has to wear 12-18 months in clothes though!

My little one has plateaued as well. Only 1lb or so weight gain in 2015 so far. She is 7kg now so less than 15.5lb. Still in mostly 3-6 month clothes, with even the odd 0-3 month item still on the go!! No idea of her lenght, but thats slowed down too, hasn't grown out of a batch of babygros in ages!!

Officially 4 weeks preggers :D

I need my head checked!

ShaShaBear wrote: »

I need my head checked!

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

Wow big congrats sha sha! Irish twins :-). Alot people say that's the best way to do it they will grow up together its lovely! I feel like it wasn't that long ago since I pregant lol. Its great though you have all the bits and bobs your sorted! !

My little one had her 8 month check up she is in the 75th percentile for her weight think she wad 9kg and in the 91st for her height. She has really long legs (unlike me) they are coming out the end of her car seat a good bit-but her hear has loads of room so its ok for now. I think their head goes above new seat needed. Does anyone know what the next seat we need is it a toddler one or an in betweeney one will need one soon.

No crawling or anything here a slight bum shuffle which is quite funny. Though she loves standing up and bouncing up and down on her legs holding on to the couch , I.hold her from behind just in case! Love seeing her little personality develop the faces babies make our hilarious !

I need my head checked!
    oh yes, you do! I mean it's too late now. Congrats anyways :p

re: the seat, we've got rear-facing one 9-25kg. They say that rear facing is up to 5x safer for young children than front facing because of their big heads. in case of the accident neck, head and back injuries are the most common in front facing seats.

hello! how is everybody doing? nothing major here apart him trying to stand unsupported. he manages about 5 seconds before landing flat on his arse :D

Lick_zpseai4njyd.jpg

Fantastic photo!!! :pac:
    Nothing new here - almost 10 weeks pregnant now and definitely taking advantage of Abigail's naptime! She's still not crawling, but making a pretty good effort! Waiting for word back on a potentially crooked hip and surgery to remove her lymphangioma (public health system :rolleyes: ). Plenty of words now - mama, dada, nana, dado (granjoe), dodie, bobie, lolo (hello), day-day (bye-bye), umm-umm (yum-yum) and dogo (guessing from her pointing she's referring to the doggie, Opie!) and if we ask her what the doggie says, she'll respond with "Woo woo woo"! She points at stuff she wants if she hasn't got words like at the floor if she wants down, or up at you if she wants to be lifted and she'll hold out her arms for us as well! Sometimes she will say "da" when she points, which we assume is "that".

Her favourite colour is definitely orange and she has a favourite teddy, which is a doll in matching pyjamas to her first big-girl pair which don't even look on her any more :D . Her favourite food would be spuds and Erin savoury gravy with carrots and peas mixed in and her least favourite is anything orange flavoured! She LOVES chocolate (obviously doesn't get very much apart from a taste and the odd pack of Buttons) but she can bloody smell the cocoa!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod:

Pack up your changing bag, your thread is being renamed and being moved to Newborn and Toddlers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Has anyone's little one had their HSE doctor check? The PHN in Wicklow seemed to think I would have had an appointment for the end of April, but that's long gone now.

Back at work here since January, Sean loves going to creche as he is such a sociable little boy. He appears to be nearly walking too :eek:

• Advertisement

Rua1 wrote: »
    Has anyone's little one had their HSE doctor check? The PHN in Wicklow seemed to think I would have had an appointment for the end of April, but that's long gone now.

Back at work here since January, Sean loves going to creche as he is such a sociable little boy. He appears to be nearly walking too :eek:

Doctor check? Didn't know there was one of those? Abigail had her 9 month check up with the health nurse, but that's it?
    Abigail is finally on the move. No interest in conventional crawling, she gets about by doing the worm dance (I kid you not). She can clear a floor in a few seconds, but will always check if there's something closer that she wants (she is one laaaaaazy baby!). Definite word count is up to 8 - mama, dada, baba, nana, dandada (granddad), woo-woo (dog), dah (while pointing, is "that") and duh-duh has appeared lately, which seems to be spuds (going from her responses). She can clap her hands and always cheers while she does it, and says "Weeee" on the swings or if we're playing with her :pac:

Showed the poor wee thing a picture of her brother or sister yesterday and kept explaining that it was a baby. All we got was a sly look that said "I'm not silly you guys, that's a white blob on a piece of paper!!". She's in for a shock! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

A doctor check?? We've only had our PHN appointments, all is fine.

H started her creche induction last week (induction wha??! Trés posh!!), and today is her first full day. I wasn't expecting it to be as hard as it is, I was so so blasé about it all, but damn, the feels have hit me hard.

Apparently that's what we are supposed to be getting????!!!!
    I rang up to reschedule my 7 month check as it was for the day I started back at work. Heard nothing, so rang up and the PHN wouldn't give me a new one as apparently we were supposed to have a doctor check at 9 months with the HSE doctor and to wait for an appointment.

Starting at creche will hit you like a tonne of bricks, but they do all settle in. Sean settled in very quickly. Very happy with my creche, the carers there have been there for years and years, and the babies are very attached to them

Apparently that's what we are supposed to be getting????!!!!
    I rang up to reschedule my 7 month check as it was for the day I started back at work. Heard nothing, so rang up and the PHN wouldn't give me a new one as apparently we were supposed to have a doctor check at 9 months with the HSE doctor and to wait for an appointment.

Starting at creche will hit you like a tonne of bricks, but they do all settle in. Sean settled in very quickly. Very happy with my creche, the carers there have been there for years and years, and the babies are very attached to them

Definitely not a national thing then, as I didn't make ANY of my PHN appointments - they were all sent out to me in the post! And there's been no mention of a doctor at all (although at her 9 month check she was referred for an extra crease in her leg to be sure she didn't have crooked hips) so I don't know what your one is playing at!

Yeah, we got all our appointments in the post too. She had impeccable timing as the 7 month check was for the day I started back at work. Tried to contact her and left messages, but nothing, until I finally got her to respond to one of my messages. She said she wouldn't be doing the check on him as we had a HSE doctor check and to wait for an appointment in the post, which should have been for the end of April

Yeah, we got all our appointments in the post too. She had impeccable timing as the 7 month check was for the day I started back at work. Tried to contact her and left messages, but nothing, until I finally got her to respond to one of my messages. She said she wouldn't be doing the check on him as we had a HSE doctor check and to wait for an appointment in the post, which should have been for the end of April

Very odd? My PHN told me that she doesn't take Abi back until she's at least 18 months and I have no more checks before that!

Ruben has the 9 month check-up with pediatrician tomorrow, got the letter in the post, same as the last time for 7mo check-up.

No creche or nanny here, I'm staying at home untill he's at least one year old and most likely longer. Lazy me, I know, but why would I work if I don't have to :P
    <...>Nothing new here - almost 10 weeks pregnant now <...>
    I still think you're mad. Absolutely out of your mind. I wish you an easy pregnancy though

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Sorry lurking here... June mammy but our thread never got going!

I'm in Co. Wicklow too and I had the PHN check at 7.5 months and the medical officer (doctor) check at 8.5 months (even though they are called the 7 and 9 month checks). I was delighted as I got both of them out of the way before I went back to work when he was 9 months. Ring up your local health centre and ask about it as he may have slipped off the list.

I'm in wicklow too. Our medical center in one in Newtownmountkennedy. PHN is brilliant in there.

• Advertisement

I still think you're mad. Absolutely out of your mind. I wish you an easy pregnancy though

We both want a big family and I'd like to have all my babies out of the way before I'm 35, so it seemed like a good time :P

Advertisement