Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Cedric87 wrote:
    The bakery is just a front be honest your really a debt collector for a drug gang. I think I'll make detective in no time.

Haha , your on to something there cedric87 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Thekid2010

Jasus that's great lads,im waiting on a phone call ages for a medical im gonna call them in the morning and see if I can get a date,been over 2 years now since I completed all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Cedric87 wrote: »
    The bakery is just a front be honest your really a debt collector for a drug gang. I think I'll make detective in no time.

Let's take a walk.....Wicklow mountains are beautiful this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Hahahaha yeah I'll bring my own shovel.
    Yep it is great the commissioner said at the start of the year that she wanted more reserves training, so now the process has sped up and there are two class's planned for the year.

'Thank you for clarifying your position within your employment.

Your file is currently being prepared for the Commissioner’s decision on your suitability to become a member of the Garda Reserve and you will be notified of her decision in due course'

Now I'm really bricking it :(

• Advertisement

Hahahaha yeah I'll bring my own shovel.
    Yep it is great the commissioner said at the start of the year that she wanted more reserves training, so now the process has sped up and there are two class's planned for the year.

I have a brand new shovel....polished it last night :P

Your file is currently being prepared for the Commissioner’s decision on your suitability to become a member of the Garda Reserve and you will be notified of her decision in due course'

I herd it takes up to 4 weeks +

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    I herd it takes up to 4 weeks +

I know I made a mess of mine. I put down all my qualifications including a diploma in policing and first aid. But when I had to talk about myself at the end of the form. I just focused on one main incident in which I helped someone with my first aid who was in a very bad accident. And I said how Id never just walk past someone who needed help, but I feel I didn't give any more points as to why I should get in. I could have said more about myself but didn't. Now im nervous ha

I know I made a mess of mine. I put down all my qualifications including a diploma in policing and first aid. But when I had to talk about myself at the end of the form. I just focused on one main incident in which I helped someone with my first aid who was in a very bad accident. And I said how Id never just walk past someone who needed help, but I feel I didn't give any more points as to why I should get in. I could have said more about myself but didn't. Now im nervous ha

I know a reserve from my area....all im saying is if they can get in we most definitely have a good chance lol

I know a reserve from my area....all imaging is of they can get in we most definitely have a good chance lol

Yeah but it's all down to what you have to offer.

• Advertisement

Yeah but it's all down to what you have to offer.

Yea true.......ugh head wrecking this wait, jebus!

Yea true.......ugh head wrecking this wait, jebus!

I'm waiting on a medical can't understand if you had some this month that I didn't get a call for them

Thekid2010 wrote:
    I'm waiting on a medical can't understand if you had some this month that I didn't get a call for them

Ya they rang me and told me if I could come in the next morning not even 24 hours notice , so you never know they could call you yet.

Ya they rang me and told me if I could come in the next morning not even 24 hours notice , so you never know they could call you yet.

I hope so I keep waiting for that call aswel,really hoping to be in classes this year

Thekid2010 wrote: »
    I hope so I keep waiting for that call aswel,really hoping to be in classes this year

I rang them and was offered a medical for the next day. When dos your br forms come back cleared ?

I rang them and was offered a medical for the next day. When dos your br forms come back cleared ?

They are clear to my knowledge,I missed a call in dec apparently it was them trying to contact me to arrange a date for medicak I missed,when I called today he said no dates for medical are available and he hopes they will be in May

When did you call them btw?and what did u say

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

Hi guys, is it a case of ringing up asking for an appointment for a medical?? As yet I'm not sure if my background checks have been completed!!
    Spoke to a guy in Garda HQ yesterday, there will probably be an intake of GR in June and September but as yet to be confirmed.

rookie1470 wrote:
    Hi guys, is it a case of ringing up asking for an appointment for a medical?? As yet I'm not sure if my background checks have been completed!! Spoke to a guy in Garda HQ yesterday, there will probably be an intake of GR in June and September but as yet to be confirmed.

They rang me and let me know.if they are clear they will ring you, but no harm in ringing in.

I'm curious as to whether or not the group that did their medicals last week will be the first group and the group for medicals in may could be the September group.

• Advertisement

I'm curious as to whether or not the group that did their medicals last week will be the first group and the group for medicals in may could be the September group.

Would be the sensible way but it's Ireland! Lol

Would be the sensible way but it's Ireland! Lol

True, is anyone aware as to how the training works is it up and down to templemore or is it just 2 weeks down there and back down for graduation ?

True, is anyone aware as to how the training works is it up and down to templemore or is it just 2 weeks down there and back down for graduation ?

I think it's now stretched over a few weeks then back to pass out.

There is a reserve in my job I'll ask and see!

I think it's now stretched over a few weeks then back to pass out.

There is a reserve in my job I'll ask and see!

A lot of the info on it is out dated from what I've read on this.

How many people here are from dublin ? I was thinking that if im lucky enough to get a place for training what station Id like to work in. Do they ask you or are you just placed where they need reserves ?

How many people here are from dublin ? I was thinking that if im lucky enough to get a place for training what station Id like to work in. Do they ask you or are you just placed where they need reserves ?

From Dublin but living in Mullingar.

I was told if I get in that I would be placed in Mullingar or Tullamore

From Dublin but living in Mullingar.

I was told if I get in that I would be placed in Mullingar or Tullamore

Oh lucky you Id say you'll be kept busy with all them farmers.
    Id love to get pearse street or store street in town for the night shifts on a Friday/ Saturday night. To bad you can't do two shifts in the one weekend because Id definitely do two if I could.

Cedric87 wrote:

I'm living in Dublin , I would like to get kevin street if I get in .

Cedric87 wrote:
    Oh lucky you Id say you'll be kept busy with all them farmers. Id love to get pearse street or store street in town for the night shifts on a Friday/ Saturday night. To bad you can't do two shifts in the one weekend because Id definitely do two if I could.

You can do as many shifts as u want man, if you want to do two at the weekend you can.

• Advertisement

You can do as many shifts as u want man, if you want to do two at the weekend you can.

That's great Id do Friday night and Sunday match days.

Advertisement