Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your snapchats are really saying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

It's a bit of banter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I imagine what she is referring to is that thing called flirting.

Apparently it happens in person too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Sorry, couldn't get past the cleavage.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

I think her post is fairly spot on TBH for 90% of women, based on snaps i'd get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Snapcrap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Connorzee wrote: »
    I think her post is fairly spot on TBH for 90% of women, based on snaps i'd get.

Maybe. I just find it to be a bit self absorbed and all about herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Thankfully we have somebody on hand to decipher the abstruse semantic layers involved in pictures of imbeciles pulling goldfish faces and flashing their tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

anna080 wrote: »
    Maybe. I just find it to be a bit self absorbed and all about herself.

Well it's her blog like, so it would have to be about her :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/irish-model-holly-carpenter-reveals-5528434

Irish model Holly Carpenter recently shared this on her blog. It's all a bit attention seeking and passive aggressive if you ask me, I mean God forbid we would actually ever want something to be taken at face value! Think she needs to get over herself tbh! Not everything women do has to be so indirect and cryptic!

Are you annoyed because you think she's wrong? Or because she's right and you don't like to be judged?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Does she even have a face

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Snapchat is for people who are self obsessed, conceited ,and self-conscious about their appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Anytime Holly wants to flash her chats is ok with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

My snapchats are saying...I have never nor will probably ever use snapchat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

*picture of dinner* = possible bore/hipster/obese person.
    *pictures of friends out drinking* = look at meeee I'm a party animal.
    *picture of boner* = possible Homer Sexual.

It's in the mirror and it's an article by a model who gets to post pictures of herself.

Are we supposed to take it seriously and be offended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Don't miss next week's column about how she deals with the men who keep objectifying her, don't take her serious and keep staring at her boobs: MAN BASTARDS, HOW TO TAME AND CONFUSE THEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

That dog looks worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

So much of the modern social media obsession annoys me. But, although I can kinda understand the uses of twitter and Facebook, surely Snap Chat just shouts "look at me"!

It's a gift from God for people who wish to self-promote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

In other words "It all about me"

Problem with snapchat is everyone else on there is already to busy thinking about themselves to really pay any attention to anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

She's an ex Miss Ireland though and so in fairness, all that really matters is her views on whether or not she thinks my pregnant girlfriend should let me know she shagged my brother on Christmas Eve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ah look at them their with their Snapchats and their Bebo Stunnahs.

Sure in my day a Snapchat was a conversation about a children's card game. And Whatsapp was what you asked when you wanted to know which eejit someone was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Snaptwat would probably be a more suitable name for such narcissistic nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

Snapchat is for people who are self obsessed, conceited ,and self-conscious about their appearance.

Probably explains its broad, mass appeal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

Probably explains its broad, mass appeal!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Well what a lot of killjoys you are! 😜

I use Snapchat regularly to interact with friends because sometimes it's easier to just take a pic of what you are doing than explaining it. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say.

It's not like you send a picture to a bunch of randoms. It's only people on your friends list

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Are you annoyed because you think she's wrong? Or because she's right and you don't like to be judged?

I'm not annoyed at all. I just read it and rolled my eyes and thought "get over yourself love", and then posted it here for all you lot to see hehe

I'm not annoyed at all. I just read it and rolled my eyes and thought "get over yourself love", and then posted it here for all you lot to see hehe

You're really only giving her blog more air time and advertisement though.

You're really only giving her blog more air time and advertisement though.

That's fine by me I don't hate the girl or anything, I just found this particular post stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Meh, I usually just snapchat stuff I think will make people laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

/care

Advertisement