Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Lucan Timesheet for Junior and Senior Cup on May 3rd goes live this coming Friday April 10th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

DiegoWorst wrote: »
    I thought I was the only person bothered by this - the people in the Proshop didn't realize the pace of play was that bad, I don't think they believed me when I said it was running at 5 hour pace.

Fabulous day on a really good golf course, greens were in fine condition.
    Playing strokes in 4balls is bad enough, but at 8 min intervals!!!

Thought they were bad. Slow and bobbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭DiegoWorst

AGC wrote: »
    Thought they were bad. Slow and bobbly.

:) They were a lot better than any of the greens I've played so far this year. Probably says more about the quality of course I've been playing, but I don't think I hit a single bobble all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Played Roganstown SSC. Comical from the start. We were told of a 15 minute delay at the start which was no problem then we went to the tee and we were over an over before we got going. 4 balls at 8 minute intervals does not work.
    The starter was a member who was given a time sheet and then he went out playing so it was a free for all at the tee!

Over a 5 hour round followed

4 balls in any singles competition is just wrong but especially so in a scratch cup playing strokes on an away course from the back sticks. Has to be unusual. Sorry to hear about your anguish which even the fabulous weather couldn't quell given such delays and then such a slow round.

Serious winning score in the SSC, 65 from a +1 handicap, must be near a course record? 2nd was 5 shots back at 70 which was still impressive.
    Two 76s took the top spots in the JSC accorinding to the results:
    http://www.roganstowngc.com/men/new-scratch-competition-for-easter-monday-21st-april-2014.2934.html

:eek: That's some score!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭shabalala

4 balls in any singles competition is just wrong but especially so in a scratch cup playing strokes on an away course from the back sticks. Has to be unusual. Sorry to hear about your anguish which even the fabulous weather couldn't quell given such delays and then such a slow round.

Serious winning score in the SSC, 65 from a +1 handicap, must be near a course record? 2nd was 5 shots back at 70 which was still impressive.
    Two 76s took the top spots in the JSC accorinding to the results:
    http://www.roganstowngc.com/men/new-scratch-competition-for-easter-monday-21st-april-2014.2934.html

Great score indeed...... amazing its the 3rd SSC hes won while playing with his pal that won the JSC, also his 3rd JSC win.

Obviously very comfortable playing in each others company.

Well done to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Muskerry SSC 18th April 36h

Lee valley SSC 25th 26th April, 54h

Golfnet is infuriating trying to organise where to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 titlebearer

Muskerry SSC 18th April 36h

Lee valley SSC 25th 26th April, 54h

Golfnet is infuriating trying to organise where to play.

According to the fixture List for Lee Valley

Minor: 01/06/2015
    Junior: 21/06/2015
    Intermediate: 06/09/2015

I'm sure its subject to change as originally Lee Valley Senior Scratch Cup was supposed to be last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

shabalala wrote: »
    Great score indeed...... amazing its the 3rd SSC hes won while playing with his pal that won the JSC, also his 3rd JSC win.

Obviously very comfortable playing in each others company.

Well done to all.

Sounds suspicious or at least reading the above makes it to be. Out of interest do you know the players in question or how do you know their previous history including that they regularly play together? Never heard of either of them before and a brief search of google wasn't throwing up any obvious wins. Is this him?
    http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/other-sport/golf/golf-club-news-family-affair-as-connollys-clean-up-at-collingtree-1-5341902

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GCW

Sounds suspicious or at least reading the above makes it to be. Out of interest do you know the players in question or how do you know their previous history including that they regularly play together? Never heard of either of them before and a brief search of google wasn't throwing up any obvious wins. Is this him?

If they went out in Fourballs then it's hard to envisage how it could be dodgy, unless they drew 2 other lads who were equally "very comfortable playing in each others company".

7 Birdies and 1 Bogey is some going in fairness...

how-did-i-do.co.uk/scorecard.aspx?id=358898151

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Played before 7-30am and was done and dusted and left the car park before 12 noon. I appreciate later starters will be slower and 5 hours is a bit longer than necessary. There was fog enveloping the course early in the morning which may have contributed to the delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Cill Dara has a scratch cup starting 1st May Fri Sat and Sun

Lucan timesheets for Junior & Senior scratch cups will go live to visitors on Friday April 10th at 13:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lucan timesheets for Junior & Senior scratch cups will go live to visitors on Friday April 10th at 13:00.

Dont they realise we'll be watching the Masters ?

Rikand wrote: »
    Dont they realise we'll be watching the Masters ?

Are you coming up for it??

Are you coming up for it??

I'm thinking about it, yes. Have never played Lucan and have wanted to for a couple of years, so it would be nice to give it a go ( Junior scratch, rather than senior :) )

The only issue is that it's on the Bank Holiday weekend which is a tricky one for me. I need to start working on the permission slip now, lol

I'm thinking about it, yes. Have never played Lucan and have wanted to for a couple of years, so it would be nice to give it a go ( Junior scratch, rather than senior :) )

The only issue is that it's on the Bank Holiday weekend which is a tricky one for me. I need to start working on the permission slip now, lol

Good man. See how you are fixed..

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/other-sport/golf/golf-club-news-family-affair-as-connollys-clean-up-at-collingtree-1-5341902

Not him, maybe a typo in the results.

I know exactly the situation, however i obviously cant say anything on here.

Sad.

Well worth a trip if at all possible.

Greens as good as ever Pink?

Well worth a trip if at all possible.

Greens as good as ever Pink?

Getting there and improving every week. They will be spot on for the scratch cup. You playing?

• Advertisement

shabalala wrote: »
    Not him, maybe a typo in the results.

I know exactly the situation, however i obviously cant say anything on here.

Sad.

The only other time I have come across him (bar seeing his name in a few events) was finishing second behind him in an event a couple of years ago. I had 74 he had 66!

The only other time I have come across him (bar seeing his name in a few events) was finishing second behind him in an event a couple of years ago. I had 74 he had 66!

Was that killeen?

Any idea who won the JSC that day????

This individual won a SSC last year by 7 shots on same day his mate won the JSC in same venue, end of the field in a 2ball. they are obviously very comfortable playing in each others company.

Yeah Kileen. JSC was won by 9

Yeah Kileen. JSC was won by 9

LOOOOOOOL

How is the guy still even Junior Scratch Eligible, lol ? :)

Getting there and improving every week. They will be spot on for the scratch cup. You playing?

Yeap. Missed last year so looking forward to it.

Yeap. Missed last year so looking forward to it.

Is Fix playing?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Played Roganstown SSC. Comical from the start. We were told of a 15 minute delay at the start which was no problem then we went to the tee and we were over an over before we got going. 4 balls at 8 minute intervals does not work.

The starter was a member who was given a time sheet and then he went out playing so it was a free for all at the tee!

Over a 5 hour round followed

Sounds like standard Roganstown 'organisation'. No surprise that they're packing the timesheet out like that though given they've just lost 60+ members.

Won't be at Lucan. Her indoors has booked me in for the Bank Holiday weekend. Won't be any golf at all for me over the weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Really enjoyed the Roganstown JSC on Monday
    10min delay on the 1st tee - no other hold ups after that
    4.5hr round which is the norm there
    Course in lovely nick and the weather was perfect

Advertisement