Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

FatRat wrote: »
    I've a question about booking hotels. I'm working on a budget and I'm planning on booking a place on booking.com. My question is will I end up paying the amount advertised on booking.com, or will I be paying in pesos at the higher exchange rate when I arrive in BA?

Do most hotels just accept cash at the desk? Because if they do and I can pay at 13/14 pesos per euro instead of the advertised price at 9.5 pesos per euro that would mean I won't have to limit myself to cheap accommodation.

Yes you can pay with pesos locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 C2911

I booked my accomodation on eBookers with their discount codes a while back.

Think ACCOMODATION14 gets you 14% off today only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

App18 on their app also works for 15% or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 notreve

If anyone is arriving in Ezeiza Airport tomorrow the 23rd and would like an easy and convenient way to exchange their euro into peso, I could meet you there outside arrivals hall
    tomorrow Monday is a public holiday in Argentina so no Banks are open
    I originally got my peso through Azimo transaction so all is fine as regards carrying no fake notes [as could happen through street cambio]

I can give you good rate

please pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 MCKEEGAN

If you dont get someone to exchange with in Argentina I'd be interested in buying pesos off you when you're back in ireland. We head over on April 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LazStanaridis

I will be returning home this week with spare pesos if anyone is interested in exchanging also, please PM.

Just back from 2 weeks in BA and around, what an amazing trip. We also went to Iguazu falls on the Argentinian
    and Brazilian side, They were breathtaking. Also went to Colonia in Uruguay for a few days which was nice plus was nice
    when it was hot as they have beaches.

Thanks to the OP starter as this was the best bargain alert ever!!! All flights went fine with enough time for connections and
    were comfortable with Lufthansa.

Wish I was still there but any questions please ask and Buen Viaje!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

SNNUS wrote: »
    Just back from 2 weeks in BA and around, what an amazing trip. We also went to Iguazu falls on the Argentinian
    and Brazilian side, They were breathtaking. Also went to Colonia in Uruguay for a few days which was nice plus was nice

Thanks to the OP starter as this was the best bargain alert ever!!! All flights went fine with enough time for connections and

Thanks for reporting back! Glad you enjoyed, it sounded like an amazing trip :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

SNNUS wrote: »

Going for two weeks in June. Was there anything that you visited/done you wished you hadn't?
    Wondering is there anything you would definitely recommend apart from the places mentioned above?
    Also wondering did you get blue dollars and how did you get on?

I don't ask for much :) Glad you enjoyed your trip.

• Advertisement

Going for two weeks in June. Was there anything that you visited/done you wished you hadn't?
    Wondering is there anything you would definitely recommend apart from the places mentioned above?
    Also wondering did you get blue dollars and how did you get on?

I don't ask for much :) Glad you enjoyed your trip.

I enjoyed every part but Iguazu is a must plus if we had more time would have loved to go to patagonia. The ferry is expensive to Colonia and people are hit and miss about this place but I liked it.

In BA we stayed in San Telmo and Palermo, Stay in Palermo as it has a great vibe and plenty of street parties at the weekend!

I exchanged Dollars in calle Florida and was all good, not as dodgy as you would think. We used Azimo just before we arrived also.

Regards safety in BA, you will hear all sorts of horror stories but never seen any trouble or feel threatened, I was offered a free hug , maybe they were trying to pickpocket but just laughed and said no gracias. Carry what you need and be confident and you will have no issues.

It is a great place and looking forward to going to South America again, I am hooked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Just back also today.

Way too short.

Did 2 nights in Calafate, absolutely stunning stunning place, walked on a Glacier, mountain biked down a mountain,met the President of Argentina..kind of.

4 nights in BA, went to Lollapalooza festival for 2 nights, saw Jack White and Robert Plant jam together. Spent many hours trying to get back to the hotel after, transport is a joke, had a wander round the sights of BA.

Came home.

Short i know but honestly I dont care. I enjoyed it immensely.

Many thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LazStanaridis

Pesos are gone.
    Many thanks for all enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

If anyone is coming back before April 25th and has some spare pesos I would buy them in the city center.

Need a few to get past the first day before Azimo opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    If anyone is coming back before April 25th and has some spare pesos I would buy them in the city center.

Need a few to get past the first day before Azimo opens.

Same as. Heading on April 20th. Doesn't even have to be a large amount, plan on getting a hotel near Florida for the first couple of nights so even enough to cover a taxi from the Airport and the first few hours would be fine. PM me if you have any Pesos available. Thanks!

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Same as. Heading on April 20th. Doesn't even have to be a large amount, plan on getting a hotel near Florida for the first couple of nights so even enough to cover a taxi from the Airport and the first few hours would be fine. PM me if you have any Pesos available. Thanks!

Recommend Tienda Leon bus for 130 pesos from EZE to their new terminus in Madero/Retiro. Very safe and much cheaper than a taxi. Bear in mind if youre arriving at 9am its rush hour.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Recommend Tienda Leon bus for 130 pesos from EZE to their new terminus in Madero/Retiro. Very safe and much cheaper than a taxi. Bear in mind if youre arriving at 9am its rush hour.

I have a spare tienda Leon ticket if anyone wants it (if they're in the airport today/tomorrow). Taxi of 3 = cheaper than 3 bus tickets.

The tienda Leon leaves outside terminal B every 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 47 C2911

How did those of you who went find the change situation there?

I've heard that everywhere is reluctant to take large bills as change is few and far between, but all I have at the moment is 100 peso notes.

C2911 wrote: »

I've heard that everywhere is reluctant to take large bills as change is few and far between, but all I have at the moment is 100 peso notes.

Had a fistful of 100s, never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

Off to a shaky start. Arrived in São Paulo ex MUC but all flights to and from BA today are cancelled due to a strike by transportation workers. Rebooked for tomorrow and Aerolineas provided hotel and all meals. Met two others who also managed to get the deal. Hot sticky and overcast here in Guarulhos.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Had to cancel my trip due to events beyond my control. Was due to leave on Thursday.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Gutted, but made the right call.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wbt

Don't think you can change names on cheap Lufthansa flights.

I'm just wondering what the weather is like right now in BA and what sort of clothes you were out in about it, those who are just back?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

Had to cancel my trip due to events beyond my control. Was due to leave on Thursday.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Gutted, but made the right call.

Sorry to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

C2911 wrote: »

It shouldn't be an issue, if you're taking a bus or a train you'd need to have small change.

Food and drink are close enough to Irish prices so you should acquire some change pretty quickly.

Nobody got upset at the sight of 100 peso note anywhere I was anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

You can't change names on these flights to whoever is wondering!

I've a question about vaccines. To those who made the trip, did you all get vaccines? If so, which ones? Are the really necessary for Argentina? - Especially if I'm only gonna spend my time in urban areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I've a question about vaccines. To those who made the trip, did you all get vaccines? If so, which ones? Are the really necessary for Argentina? - Especially if I'm only gonna spend my time in urban areas?

I spent a week in Buenos Aires, I didn't get any vaccinations
    I don't think I put myself at any risk
    There are mosquitoes there so be prepared for that.
    Apart from that I didn't see any need for vaccinations, if you are planning further travel in the next 18 months I guess it would be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Del007

I spent over a month in Argentina, both north and south and I didn't get any vaccinations.

You will need the yellow fever one if you're going to Brazil or bolivia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 wbt

I tried to book a seat on the flight out but the website won't take my payment. There's an error message asking me to call the call centre, but when I did, I was left on hold for over half an hour. Would it likely be alright to leave it until online check in or will I be stuck with a middle seat?

Advertisement