Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you print on both sides of the page to save money but they charge you for the toner not the paper so it's the same price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

People with bad eyesight who can't see certain colours of cars. Strip them of their licence I say :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Not recognising someone who clearly knows you. Some lady said hello to me the other day, by her tone she clearly knows/thinks she knows me. I have no idea who she is.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Not recognising someone who clearly knows you. Some lady said hello to me the other day, by her tone she clearly knows/thinks she knows me. I have no idea who she is.:confused:

:D this morning as I am going in to work, a bloke to my right, give a big hearty "morning, and how are you.." I am a bit puzzled, but figure he knows me, so I respond with an equally hearty " ah great, and yourself?" Only for him to stare past me and continue with ".....Maureen, and how is Frank?" As he looked at the woman who was approaching from my left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Liamalone wrote: »
    People with bad eyesight who can't see certain colours of cars. Strip them of their licence I say :P

Maybe it's the fact that the cars are silver!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

ratmouse wrote: »
    Maybe it's the fact that the cars are silver!!

If it was a problem then surely silver cars would be illegal? I have never heard anyone moan about silver cars until this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA that I have a slight migraine after football ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My kitten was all snuggled up on me, snoozing and looking cute. I waited until she woke up to put her downstairs to her bed. Now I really miss her!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I've chili in my eye. I'm seeing red. Get it?

Liamalone wrote: »
    If it was a problem then surely silver cars would be illegal? I have never heard anyone moan about silver cars until this thread.

People probably had no forum from which to moan about said colour car before!

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    TA that I have a slight migraine after football ffs

So that's why they get paid so much.

eternal wrote: »
    So that's why they get paid so much.

Who?

kfallon wrote: »
    Who?

Professional footballers of course :pac:

Neighbours overfilling their wheelie bins so that they overflow and then loose rubbish blows all over the housing estate.

eternal wrote: »
    Professional footballers of course :pac:

This was after my 5 a side!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fruttituttii

When your so tired you do stupid things, like now I just put soap on my toothbrush instead of toothpaste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

When people need you.
    That's when they contact you. They talk to you. They unload their problems.
    Then once their lives take an upturn............Pooofff...they're gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Bursting another hose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

Bursting another hose.

#Sexproblems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

ratmouse wrote: »
    Neighbours overfilling their wheelie bins so that they overflow and then loose rubbish blows all over the housing estate.

Are you the person that put the brick on my wheelie bin yesterday??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Smidge wrote: »
    When people need you.
    That's when they contact you. They talk to you. They unload their problems.
    Then once their lives take an upturn............Pooofff...they're gone.

Yes, I know the type. There is someone on our street like this.

Also friends who make no effort to keep in touch, and when you contact them to catch up, or arrange to meet up, they say 'oh I haven't heard from you in AGES'.

I pointed out to one person, who always did this, that she had the same means of contact, phone, email, etc, as I did.
    It was if she thought hers were just for replying with...:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

People who turn into experts after watching 1 news report or reading a few articles on an event...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have a wedding to go to today. I'm like a dog from lack of sleep, and look like crap. If one person tries to make me get up and dance, as usually happens, there will be bloodshed :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Choochtown wrote: »
    HEY ATM MACHINES! €130 IS a multiple of 50s and 20s so wtf is with the message "this machine only stocks €50 and €20 notes please select another amount". I don't want 2 or 3 50s I want 20s.

Simple feckin Maths.

It's TA that I know that this is down to the disburstment algorithm that is defined for the ATM.
    You dont choose the nerd life, it chooses you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Choochtown wrote: »
    HEY ATM MACHINES! €130 IS a multiple of 50s and 20s so wtf is with the message "this machine only stocks €50 and €20 notes please select another amount". I don't want 2 or 3 50s I want 20s.

Simple feckin Maths.

It's not. It's a sum of 50s and 20s, not a multiple.

There's no way to multiply 50, 20 or both to get 130 using whole numbers.

You could argue that the algorithm in the machine should be able to work out how to sum them, but you can't say the machine is wrong if it mentions multiples. That message would be accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The weird f*cking perve who sat too close to me on the luas this morning so that I eventually got off and waited for the next...and then there were no seats the whole way :(

I have the worst luck on the red line. I always seem to wind up sitting beside some fat person taking up half my seat or someone stinking of stale smoke or hacking back phlegm and sneezing and snorting. Even sitting on the outside seat offers little protection as when the tram fills, you can wind up having the head bet off you with someone's bag or shoulder. F*ckers. I'm like a freak magnet or something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

trivially annoys me that much of what is shared on this thread aren't trivial things :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why do manufacturers put washing instructions on pillows, if machine washing them is going to cause the filling to bunch up into clumps and twist round on itself? Why not say "don't machine wash" ? A***holes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Zippie84 wrote: »
    trivially annoys me that much of what is shared on this thread aren't trivial things :P

I'm the opposite....

It trivially annoys me that annoyances have to be trivial to be posted here. I find myself wondering, "will this pass the trivial test?" and then I get anoyed thinking I can't post it because it's more than trivial :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm the opposite....

It trivially annoys me that annoyances have to be trivial to be posted here. I find myself wondering, "will this pass the trivial test?" and then I get anoyed thinking I can't post it because it's more than trivial :pac:

I do hope you have access to Ranting & Raving. If not, do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement