Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5 | Episode 15 | Try [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 The Unusual Alpaca

Watched it last night. God I hate Sasha. Every time the camera turned to her I completely lost interest in the show. I know she's hurting from the deaths of her men but by god she needs to be sorted or she'll kill them all.

Rick's nuts. He was always nuts but now he's being called on it. Not overly interested in how it pans out but I love a good gun shootout and that's the way it's looking so I'll watch one more. Might be time to call quits on it. It's just not very entertaining. 2 good episodes every half season....there's better out there :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Getting a little mixed up with my characters :(

The girl that was with michone in the woods, was that the girl who was with the general when he attacked the prison? And if so who got injured in the factory? If not who is she?

gufc21 wrote: »

The girl that was with michone in the woods, was that the girl who was with the general when he attacked the prison? And if so who got injured in the factory? If not who is she?

No that's the girl who was with Abraham and Eugene going to DC. She's just got clothes on now. That is her character development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

That was the woman that was with Abraham the army guy that was getting Eugene to Washington. She used to wear shorts a lot!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No, the girl with the governor (not the general, you are getting confused :pac:) was Tara who was injured last week. The girl with Michonne in the woods was Rosita, the girl who was with Eugene and Abraham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Didn't know her name. She's not really a well-developed character :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If the woman tied to the tree was so recently killed then why did nobody hear her scream for help? Surely she'd have done that, and she'd have been close enough to our guys for them to hear?

Cheers. I really have to take a week off at some point and rewatch this from the start. I keep getting muddled. But yip have them now. Couldn't figure out who she was last night.

quickbeam wrote: »
    If the woman tied to the tree was so recently killed then why did nobody hear her scream for help? Surely she'd have done that, and she'd have been close enough to our guys for them to hear?

You'd imagine there'd still be a walker around too no? I mean she just turned while they lifted her head

No. Don't even concern yourselves with minor details like that or the show will tear your head apart. I mean why was Daryl and whatshisname out at night, in the dark, with zero provocation, in the middle of an open field and fighting zombies when in reality they'd have shored up long before in some safe-ish location to wait out the night? Made no sense. Especially as Daryl is hardened to the outside.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Rick should have easily been able to fight off the doctor too. I completely agree. Choral could have put up a better fight tbh. Small things. They need an approval group after the writing is done with only one question to be answered: "Would this make sense?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

You'd imagine there'd still be a walker around too no? I mean she just turned while they lifted her head

The time it takes to turn can vary from a few minutes to Hours.

The woman probably died the night before (the light Daryl and Aaron saw) but took a few hours to turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

All I want to know now is who Darryl and Aaron are going towards/what kind of crazy that's going to be. If they're tying people (and I think it was a person, not a zombie?) to trees to be eaten alive and decapitating others then they're a hell of a lot more interesting then what's going on in Alexandria.

I thought Pete was good I have to say, pretty scary. Though all they said was 'he' until it turned out it was Pete, so I was hoping the villain might be more interesting. Their pet owl, or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Maybe you dont want to see it but there are some major resemblences,
    Maybe some broad clumsy references but I feel it's been shoehorned in a bit. Shane was basically a psychopath who's true self was allowed to come out during the collapse of society. While Rick has been pushed to the brink of insanity. Shane put himself first constantly, remember Otis? Shane was ready to kill Rick.

And Shane shaving his head symbolised him moving further from civilisation, Rick shaving his head was the opposite, an attempt to get in touch with civilisation.

I don't really like melodrama shouty Rick, feel the show needs a more relateable Rick at it's centre. His bouts of crazy have always seemed pretty contrived and convenient from a writing perspective, just when the group really need reasonable persuasive Rick they get blood soaked, gun waving, shouty Rick. And why now? He'll go back to normal once it suits the narrative they want to tell.

Michonne absolutely did the right thing shutting Rick up, doesn't mean she has turned on him but that was not how to go about gaining the trust of Alexandria, yer one in charge seems pretty reasonable. Don't think she believes the cowards version of her son's death, or the priest but she still needs some persuading that she did the right thing bringing them in.

Michonne and Carol's progression this season has been the strongest and for once this show seems to have a great handle on character development, long may it continue. Pity Sasha is such a bore, I'd like her to die next but they can't really kill of 4 black characters in a row can they!?
    Hyzepher wrote: »
    Pretty sure the town is in for a bit of bother and the clarity of Rick's thinking will soon be adopted by the rest of the residents
    Rick is thinking anything but clearly.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    I thought that was class. Great acting by Lincoln at the end, was cursing Michonne when she jumped in, I was ready for the gang to all get their guns and take over the town there and then, Kill Em All!!
    Who would give a crap about any of the characters then if they turned out to be just as bad as any other group? Alexandria may have it's head in the sand but they are still alive and with less casualties then any other group we have seen in the show so far. There is a lot to be said for their methods and if Rick got his head on straight he could marry his methods with theirs to make a stronger community.

I expect the "W" and carved up bodies to be some nutter or group of nutters and chaos and anarchy will come crashing into the artificial order of Alexandria soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHJslTc4GwuNsV3G9JsUvrbx-W8yzOvbJSlnsrZyfNuo3c7V3s

I`m wondering where this guy is now (I cant remember his name). I remember him from the 1st season when he helped Rick and they ran into him again when he had gone mad in the building. The last we saw of him he was in the church, picked up the map and saw Rick was headed to DC. So he`s clearly headed there as he thinks that where Rick has gone. It seems like an awful lot of build up so Rick can meet one man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Omackeral wrote: »
    The undead are roaming the earth. I can suspend my disbelief on fuel supplies.

Fat lot of good that will do you when it happens IRL the miseducation in this show will surely cost more lives in the future Zombie apocolypse and the writers will have a lot to answer for then.

In other news I recently made firends with a lad called David down the archery range bit of a wierd loner but always nice to have options

Somebody mentioned earlier that Rick should have easily been able to fight off the doctor too. I completely agree. Choral could have put up a better fight tbh. Small things. They need an approval group after the writing is done with only one question to be answered: "Would this make sense?"

Rick is battle hardened to fighting Zombies but its not like he is a professional boxer, remember cops in America arent much into pyschical copmbat :eek: plus the doctor isnt a small fella either, I'd even say an alcho who beats his wife has pprobably been in his fair share of scuffles in his time but that would be pure conjecture on my part.

Have we seen Rick in a fight he has won in all the series I cant actually remember?

He hit Murl on the sly, shot the dudes in the bar, govenor nearly had him dont think he has proven himself an expert at hand to hand combat. Unless your count him driven a car up someones hole :pac:

Maybe some broad clumsy references but I feel it's been shoehorned in a bit. Shane was basically a psychopath who's true self was allowed to come out during the collapse of society. While Rick has been pushed to the brink of insanity. Shane put himself first constantly, remember Otis? Shane was ready to kill Rick.

Right you say there have been references but shoehorned in so you agree that the writers are at least bringing us clumsily down that path. As I said in my post I dont think he has gone full shane just we have seen many things to point this way. I also said it could just be a writers ploy for us.

I'm not sure how you infered Shane was always a Pyschopath brought out my the collapse of society but Rick was pushed to the brink of insanity by the collapse.

Shane was with Otis to save Carls life remember he wasnt doing it for himself and it was a case of 3 lives verus 1 when the zombies where chasing (including Carl in that 3) and Shane chose himself over Otis which most people would.

Shane was most certainly more Gung Ho than what Rick is but that doesnt stop the similarities of both thier actions and reasons for them.

Rick most recently wanted to kill a man cause he was beating his wife and excomunicating him might come back to haunt the group its about as Pyschopathic as Shane was with the young lad in season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

I`m wondering where this guy is now (I cant remember his name). I remember him from the 1st season when he helped Rick and they ran into him again when he had gone mad in the building. The last we saw of him he was in the church, picked up the map and saw Rick was headed to DC. So he`s clearly headed there as he thinks that where Rick has gone. It seems like an awful lot of build up so Rick can meet one man.

His name's Morgan.

He was days/weeks behind Rick's group when he got to the Church (the Terminus sign that Rick changed to "No Sanctuary" was rather overgrown when Morgan reached it) so is probably still heading to Washington.

Could arrive in the Finale I suppose (Daryl and Aaron probably see him, bit of a coincidence if he finds Alexandria by himself) but maybe not till next season.

The actor has another current show I believe so he may not turn up on WD as a regular till he has the time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

For the finale it's a given that somebody relevant will die in those 90 minutes. It's good shock value. But could they pull off a satisfying finale without a death?? I don't know. I can't call whos gonna go, but Perhaps someone like sasha or tara, maybe abraham. carol would more than fulfil the shock value element. Theybe built her up as some sort of invincible warrior queen who is a expert at survival in that world, her terminus takedown proved that, and to cut her down now would be a sudden blow to the audience. I always love the mid season and proper finales with the speculation about who's next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I'm not sure how you infered Shane was always a Pyschopath brought out my the collapse of society but Rick was pushed to the brink of insanity by the collapse.
    Well timing for starters. Shane shed whatever morals he had and embraced the idea of there been no more rules to live by almost immediately and with relish. It never seemed like his rash decisions were coming from a place of madness, more from a machismo, alpha-male state of mind. And while Rick's has become more ruthless because of everything he has been through his actions here are mainly driven by his recurring breakdown.
    Shane was with Otis to save Carls life remember he wasnt doing it for himself and it was a case of 3 lives verus 1 when the zombies where chasing (including Carl in that 3) and Shane chose himself over Otis which most people would.
    Would they? Remind me never to be in a life or death situation with you ;) Shane calculatedly shot Otis in the leg so he could get away. This kinda goes completely against the whole ethos of Rick and co. in fact it's more in line with Aiden and his mate.
    Rick most recently wanted to kill a man cause he was beating his wife and excomunicating him might come back to haunt the group its about as Pyschopathic as Shane was with the young lad in season 2
    It's easily forgotten in the show's wish to create tension but Rick wanted to try to get your doctor man to just leave the house, not to kill him, unless he refused. Despite been on the verge of a breakdown he still tried the diplomacy method with the mayor woman first and if he had a clearer mind and perhaps his lieutenant (Daryl) around to keep him in line he wouldn't have approached the situation like he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

You mean Morgan... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Not as strong an episode as we've seen this season, but looking forward to the longer finale.

Ricks meltdown made me uncomfortable, its not the way to go about things but he was getting his head kicked in at the time.

What I can't help wondering is, if the Doc is beating his wife, and appears to be drunk most of the time, why not just cut off his alcohol? Diana could step in and say, "We have people out on a run, you need to be completely sober if they come back injured." ?

Sasha is annoying the **** outta me.

I'm not up on the comics but I'm hoping for the next episode to be Ricks crew vs Alexandrians arguing, a stand-off ensues, then BAM! The front gate gets taken out by this other crew who rolled through Noahs place and the Alexandrians properly **** themselves but Ricks crew fall into formation and start wasting poeple.

I see Abraham on top of a car with an M60 at full chat sceaming, "Get some! Get some!" while Michonne dashes back inside the house, grabs her sword and jumps straight out into a group of the intruders and has herself a very happy slashy time. Even Carl pulls out a pistol and starts playing Duck Hunt with peoples heads and stupid angry chick is all, "OMG he's so hot, I should have lobbed the gob on him when I had the chance."

There'll be a point in the fight when Rick is almost killed by one of the group and just as the intruder is standing over him, about to shoot him point blank, an arrow pierces his chest from behind and the body drops to reveal Daryll has returned in the nick of time and they share a look like Rick is saying, "You're my boy Blue!" and they just nod and go back to mopping up people.

In the end the Alexandrians realise, "Holy crap, we would have been balls-deep ****ed if Ricks crew weren't here!" and they accept their glorious new leader who gets a "Well done on keeping us all alive" blowjob off the married/owl chick.

How much of this will actually happen though... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Thought it was funny when Rick down meltdown told Dana that we should just kill Pete.. Like it was an answer to all life's problems. He forgets how strange that must sound to the mostly unaffected Dana and crew :).
    I thought the episode dealth better with everyone's else's emotions apart from Rick.
    I mean he finally has a safe zone, a place to keep his children safe and to try and maybe spend some quality time with Judith ha ha, but no, we have Rick coming apart from the seams again because he is chasing tail ?
    After what they have been through, you would imagine he would be a tad more diplomatic.
    I blame carol - she's the real manipulater.

Looking forward to next week !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

In the grapple with Rick am I right in saying Carl tried to pull him off and he just flung a back hand punch and sent him flying...?
    Issues man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In the grapple with Rick am I right in saying Carl tried to pull him off and he just flung a back hand punch and sent him flying...?
    Issues man.

I really, really liked that moment due to how it was written.

The doctor guy sends his own wife flying back, leaving the audience to think "Oh man, this guy is a bad guy, he just shoved her so we know to support Ric!"

Then Carl goes flying and suddenly it's "Oh....maybe it isn't as clear cut...."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

G0Thm3Y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

What struck me on complete tangent was the attitude to food by the Alexandrians. .. first them offering to cook any meal at the party for new peopke and then Deanna leaving the casserole on the step... How are they getting that amt of food that they're so secure in its abundance... esp when they'd idiots like Aiden and Nicholas doing runs....

Seems such a complete contrast to life outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭obriendj

sabhail wrote: »
    What struck me on complete tangent was the attitude to food by the Alexandrians. .. first them offering to cook any meal at the party for new peopke and then Deanna leaving the casserole on the step... How are they getting that amt of food that they're so secure in its abundance... esp when they'd idiots like Aiden and Nicholas doing runs....

Seems such a complete contrast to life outside...

I think thats the point that Rick was trying to make, they don't have a clue what its like.

But Deanna left the casserole to say feck you - we dont accept your apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Does anyone else think the walkers arriving are a test?

Is it possible the wolves are creating/drawing walkers into the area to test the defences of the town. While watching and seeing who's a threat and how strong they are.

Alexandria don't seem to have anyone picking off walkers. Seems to be all sasha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

obriendj wrote: »
    I think thats the point that Rick was trying to make, they don't have a clue what its like.

But Deanna left the casserole to say feck you - we dont accept your apology.

True... I guess if they'd known hunger outside they'd have said feck u but we'll eat your food anyway!!

Advertisement