Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 5 | Episode 15 | Try [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Wow that episode was poor. The acting has really gone down hill and I feel as if the show is now more like a drama than an action zombie survival show. It has become too much of a drama for my likings.

Still looking forward to the finale. Hopefully it will pick up. I have no idea how it will play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Have to agree the acting was not great and the Sasha storyline was pretty boring. I'd say there might be a split of the original group into pro and anti Rick sides but really how could they exile Rick. He'd just come back and kill them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Have to agree the acting was not great and the Sasha storyline was pretty boring. I'd say there might be a split of the original group into pro and anti Rick sides but really how could they exile Rick. He'd just come back and kill them all.

Sasha needs to be bitten, she's a lose cannon and will get people killed. She's lost the plot every time someone dies!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think they need to do more with Rosita. It took me a while to realise who she was when she came in to get Michonne

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I thought Sasha was gonna compromise the wall big time when shooting the walkers that were clawing at it during the Rick/Pete fight. Thought a shot could have destroyed an important supporting beam, allowing a mini hoard in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Omackeral wrote: »
    I thought Sasha was gonna compromise the wall big time when shooting the walkers that were clawing at it during the Rick/Pete fight. Thought a shot could have destroyed an important supporting beam, allowing a mini hoard in.

Not much of a wall if a bullet takes it down.

Story with the red balloon during fight. Did it have any reference to past?

Omackeral wrote: »
    gufc21 wrote: »
    Not much of a wall if a bullet takes it down.

Story with the red balloon during fight. Did it have any reference to past?

Which is why I said the highlighted part. Also, the wall has been criticised before by the group. It's no Berlin Wall, which is what the red balloon actually refers to as in the German song 99 Red Balloons by Nina...
    Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gasher

Good episode being here before with Rick losing d plot though. Darel needs to explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:eek:

Blasphemy!!! It was Nine Inch Nails.

Yes but wasn't it a cover? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Just finished watching the latest episode. It has set up the finale to be a cracker.
    I don't buy that Rick has turned into the bad guy or Shane Mark 2. Shane had selfish reasons i.e he wanted to get off with Ricks wife while Rick clearly wants to keep the group and his children safe and doesn't believe the current set up at Alexandria will do that.
    What he has been saying is influenced from his own bad experiences at Terminus.
    They let in anybody and were over run, raped and robbed.

Then he lands to Alexandria and they are just taking in anyone they can get, no defences and they have a policy of running away when walkers come and leave anyone that cant run behind.

Then they exile people who break the rules, so they can join up with other groups and tell them all about Alexandria and how they have electricity and running water and the best part is they don't have any defences. I think the 2 guys they exiled are going to come back to bite the place in the ass (perhaps as part of the wolves)
    Ricks trying to change all that so Alexandria survives.

I don't think that makes him a bad guy.

But he gets cracked over the head by Michonne for beating up a wife beater. I think Rick, Glen, Carol and Daryl are capable of taking over the entire town with just the 4 of them.

I cant wait for next week.

I have an image in my head of Rick and his group walking away from Alexandria while the whole place burns, is over ran and its original residents eaten alive. Then Michonne just giving Rick a "I should have listened to you" look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Just finished watching the latest episode. It has set up the finale to be a cracker.
    I don't buy that Rick has turned into the bad guy or Shane Mark 2. Shane had selfish reasons i.e he wanted to get off with Ricks wife while Rick clearly wants to keep the group and his children safe and doesn't believe the current set up at Alexandria will do that.
    What he has been saying is influenced from his own bad experiences at Terminus.
    They let in anybody and were over run, raped and robbed.

Maybe you dont want to see it but there are some major resemblences,

Shane didnt think the leader Rick knew how to look after the group properly like with Rick now.

Shane thought one life was worth it to preserve the groups Rick didnt, he does now

Shane coveted another mans wife and wanted to look after the kid again like now

Shane going against the leader or owner Herschel cause he knows better like Rick now

The symbolism of the head shaving to the beard shaving

Most of this has been said before

Not saying he has gone full Shane but we dont know it is definetly the path we have been brought down by the writers but we know there is good in Rick still so we are left to guess what might happen

Another thing to remember is Rick was in hospital for a while and was less worn to this new world than shane was so it took him longer to adapt a question now is would the now rick still kill shane. I think they would get along as well as they did when they were both cops. As they keep saying the rules have changed.

Rick ATM is still what you want him to be good/bad which is great work from the writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Decent episode. A lot more emphasis being shown on the 'W's so I guess we're being set up for a finale showdown.

Despite the quality of the writing/script being a little lacking at times - have to say Andrew Lincoln has knocked it out of the park every single episode this season.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Pretty sure the town is in for a bit of bother and the clarity of Rick's thinking will soon be adopted by the rest of the residents

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought that was class. Great acting by Lincoln at the end, was cursing Michonne when she jumped in, I was ready for the gang to all get their guns and take over the town there and then, Kill Em All!!

Reading here - http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/03/23/5-things-you-might-have-missed-in-the-walking-dead-try-2804616?lt_source=external,manual

It points out the balloon signified his emotions/anger/sanity. At first it's tied to a toy car on the ground, nice and still. Then Sam is dragging it through the street, when Rick decides to go back to your wan's house. Then when he is in full rage mode, he sees it floating off into the sky.

Morgan made a speech about seeing everything in Red when he goes crazy.

Last week, Rick said "If you keep the windows intact, you keep society intact". Then he comes crashing out the window with the doc.

I'd miss these things unless they were pointed out.

But yeah, next week I'd say Rick is being held under kind of prisonment to calm down but is needed when a group with the W walkers attack. They might even be led by Morgan...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Anyone else spot the humans outside the walls? When Sasha was looking through her scope you could clearly see 2 people running quickly, and we know walkers don't run. This, combined with the evidence found by Daryl and Aaron nearby, must mean an attack is imminent.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Anyone else spot the humans outside the walls? When Sasha was looking through her scope you could clearly see 2 people running quickly, and we know walkers don't run. This, combined with the evidence found by Daryl and Aaron nearby, must mean an attack is imminent.

That was Glenn and the other lad with the curly hair running towards the fight inside the wall was it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

Thought it was a very good episode and was not surprised that Michonne shut Rick up. I am surprised it wasnt Carol who did it. I think she did it to "suck" up to the politician and get some trust from her and the rest of the town.

He is talking sense cause he knows and we know that you have to keep fighting to survive but Michonne knows they need rick with them in Alexandria so couldnt rick getting him thrown out. He still might be but we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

On a side note does anyone find it a bit unbelievable that they still have the level of supplies they have?
    We are in season 5 now, so for arguments sake say each series covers a 6/12 month period. That means we are 2 and half to 5 years on from the outbreak.
    Despite that Carol still had chocolate bars for cookies and pasta to make a casserole.

Then there is ammunition, Sasha seems to have an unlimited supply of rounds for her gun, despite the fact she has taken it on herself to clear out every walker in the forest. The same point can be made for most of their guns which only seem to run low on ammunition when the are about to be written out of the show but a 6 chamber hand gun turns into an unlimited machine gun when they are not.
    The same can also be said of Daryl's crossbow which came with about 6 arrows but always seem to have one left, despite breakages and being forced to leave behind arrows.

They also regularly go on runs and find canned food, solar panels and fully functional cars despite the fact they haven't been used for years. The residents of Alexandria have a fleet of cars, where's the fuel coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

We're currently less than 2 years after the outbreak IIRC.

Ammunition I'll let them away with, there are a silly amount of guns in America so I'll give them a pass on that for now. Daryl's crossbow is a bit silly, they do regularly show him picking up used arrows and sometimes carving new ones - but he surely should have ran out by now yeah :pac:

On a side note does anyone find it a bit unbelievable that they still have the level of supplies they have?
    We are in season 5 now, so for arguments sake say each series covers a 6/12 month period. That means we are 2 and half to 5 years on from the outbreak.
    Despite that Carol still had chocolate bars for cookies and pasta to make a casserole.

Then there is ammunition, Sasha seems to have an unlimited supply of rounds for her gun, despite the fact she has taken it on herself to clear out every walker in the forest. The same point can be made for most of their guns which only seem to run low on ammunition when the are about to be written out of the show but a 6 chamber hand gun turns into an unlimited machine gun when they are not.
    The same can also be said of Daryl's crossbow which came with about 6 arrows but always seem to have one left, despite breakages and being forced to leave behind arrows.

They also regularly go on runs and find canned food, solar panels and fully functional cars despite the fact they haven't been used for years. The residents of Alexandria have a fleet of cars, where's the fuel coming from?

The undead are roaming the earth. I can suspend my disbelief on fuel supplies.

• Advertisement

According to the Shows timeline we are only 545 days in
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_Show_Timeline
    I think it should be longer thats what is calculated.

But of course you have to take this with a pinch of salt. It was never going to win a prize for continuity.

I would also assume that there was very few people who survived when the outbreak started. So every petrol station, fuel truck and car fuel tank was up for grabs so the smart folk would of stock piled especially if you have a secure location.

I did laugh at the automatic garage door in the Docs house. What a waste of electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

bogmanfan wrote: »

They were inside the Wall and running towards the noise of the fight.

The long haired woman was the Gate Keeper, Rick saw her sitting by the gate reading before he went to Jessie's house.

The other person running was a grey haired woman who again was seen by Rick prior to the fight and can be seen in the crowd when Rick gives his Rant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Regardless of how Rick acts, he is 100% correct.

You don't go through what they did and not expect that bad things are coming - the others know this as well. I suspect an attack, a win and then Rick becomes leader as the head-lady realizes she is inadequate for the job that faces them

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Regardless of how Rick acts, he is 100% correct.

You don't go through what they did and not expect that bad things are coming - the others know this as well. I suspect an attack, a win and then Rick becomes leader as the head-lady realizes she is inadequate for the job that faces them

It has a few common themes to Hershel's Farm - they came in, tried to follow the rules that were there, the Shane (now Rick) decided to take action which splits the group. Hershel realised he was over his head and he doesn't understand the new world etc

Anyways it all works out swimmingly for everyone involved and they lived happily ever after....dead... and walking

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I thought it was going to vere towards the group being seen as the bad guys. But given rick not wanting to see the domestic abuse continue and his concern for the kid plus the general efficiency of the group , it should hopefully fall down on the side of rick and co. Being the Ines to be listened to.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Mormegil wrote:
    They were inside the Wall and running towards the noise of the fight.

Mormegil wrote:
    The long haired woman was the Gate Keeper, Rick saw her sitting by the gate reading before he went to Jessie's house.

Mormegil wrote:
    The other person running was a grey haired woman who again was seen by Rick prior to the fight and can be seen in the crowd when Rick gives his Rant.

Really? I honestly thought they were outside the wall too... I even rewinded & watched again to check!!

I couldn't work out what Darryl said when they found the chopped up body. .. Just after he said 'this just happened'?

my own mini theory is that someone/s is carving the w's into ppls heads when they are still alive & then leaving them out for the walkers to bite & turn... based on seeing that woman tied to the tree... Though why the other guy was chopped up I have no idea & why ppl would be actively fed to the Walkers ai have no idea either... Maybe some kind of sacrifice or punishment?

i agree with Rick.. The doc has to die or go though I do think he is losing it/had lost it!

ps there must be some stink of rotten corpses in those woods & not to mention the flies! every Walker is just shot & left to rot & Sasha is on a one-woman mission to kill 'em all!!

granty1987 wrote: »
    It has a few common themes to Hershel's Farm - they came in, tried to follow the rules that were there, the Shane (now Rick) decided to take action which splits the group. Hershel realised he was over his head and he doesn't understand the new world etc

Anyways it all works out swimmingly for everyone involved and they lived happily ever after....dead... and walking

And also some common theme with the hospital, The lady in charge allows her people to get away with things just to keep them happy and won't leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

I do wonder why there was that car full of walker torsos - looks to be the same person but god only knows what the hell is the purpose of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

granty1987 wrote: »
    I do wonder why there was that car full of walker torsos - looks to be the same person but god only knows what the hell is the purpose of it

I was thinking that maybe if you had a camp and built a trench around it
    you could but the walker torsos in the trench as trap for defensive.
    but if you where doing that you would only break a leg
    or maybe if you put immobile walkers around a camp facing out other walkers turn away when they reach perimeter? a sort of camouflage like michonne
    trick from season 2 end of

but why mark them w on forehead?

Must be some psychological warfare trick perhaps they where engaged in war with another group and these where prisoners and they maimed and turned them and then where preparing to dump them near other group to terrorize them but never got around to it
    psy-ops just like ISIL chopping heads off on camera

This wolves group is properly as small as the claimers group from season 4 just another gang of mobile bandits but more sadistic.

Noahs walled estate in Richmond shire-wilt estate had only 20 people in it. ASZ is maybe 100 miles from there.

The wolves overran shire-wilt and then headed north just ahead of group
    its possible that the walker woman in boot of car in 5x10 was their doing.
    and are now somewhere in near ASZ as seen by women tied to tree in last episode

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Can't wait to see the stills thing that takes the piss and what it says when Carl is in the tree with the young one. Can someone post it, it's fast becoming my favourite part of the week.
    Good episode I think Michonne in it to save rick from going too far. Didn't recognise Lara Croft with real clothes on, I was like who's ghat with Michonne. (Don't know her name)

Advertisement