Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

manual_man wrote: »
    i checked and Eriksen was nowhere near a drop? Bah. Anyway he was involved in loads last game (a minor miracle - for non owners :p - that he didn't bring home any attacking returns), but confident enough with the upcoming fixtures in mind (possibly not this gw, but the 4 after are lookin' nice)
    Yeah that's what I thought... Was waiting for someone to confirm it.

At the beginning of the season, when I said this change of policy and all this obscurity towards price changes were annoying to say the least and inducing some degree of "chaos" into the game, I got a bit misunderstood by a few posters, but the current situation re Kane & Rose, now Eriksen and probably others too was/is exactly what I was "afraid of" :rolleyes:.

I don't change my point of view about the whole game and this annoying detail, i.e. this game is all about adapting faster and better (to anything) but this blackout around price changes is ridiculous (and a bit pathetic too) :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I thought... Was waiting for someone to confirm it.

At the beginning of the season, when I said this change of policy and all this obscurity towards price changes were annoying to say the least and inducing some degree of "chaos" into the game, I got a bit misunderstood by a few posters, but the current situation re Kane & Rose, now Eriksen and probably others too was/is exactly what I was "afraid of" :rolleyes:.

I don't change my point of view about the whole game and this annoying detail, i.e. this game is all about adapting faster and better (to anything) but this blackout around price changes is ridiculous (and a bit pathetic too) :rolleyes:...

have to be your own man in this game and not get too caught up in this kind of stuff... Eriksen really was superb against QPR so i was never really selling him, would be lovely if he can chip in with something this gw, but if not i'm very confident of his potential over the next 4 gw's

a lot of the people(imo) that drive price changes are ones taking points hits every other week (a buddy of mine in a h2h comes to mind), and in most cases their ranking will reflect that!

manual_man wrote: »
    have to be your own man in this game and not get too caught up in this kind of stuff... Eriksen really was superb against QPR so i was never really selling him, would be lovely if he can chip in with something this gw, but if not i'm very confident of his potential over the next 4 gw's

a lot of the people(imo) that drive price changes are ones taking points hits every other week (a buddy of mine in a h2h comes to mind), and in most cases their ranking will reflect that!
    Oh yeah I agree with you. but it's just that I'll never get this non-transparency from FPL price changes wise...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Oh yeah I agree with you. but it's just that I'll never get this non-transparency from FPL price changes wise...

I guess because they feel if its public it benefits the hardcore more and the changes they have made in recent years seem more about trying to benefit the casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

it wasn't like this in previous seasons. perhaps it'll be more transparent again next season... you just wouldn't know though. sometimes you get the impression they just do some things just to be awkward. damn them!! :mad::mad::P

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    I guess because they feel if its public it benefits the hardcore more and the changes they have made in recent years seem more about trying to benefit the casuals.
    they want mor epeople to
    Admittedly but I'm not even sure that works.

I mean they want more people to play? Having all the price changes explained and transparent on the main site would not make casulas run away. I'd actually think it could well be the opposite. It could interest them more in the game.

It's already benefitting the "hardcore" anyway. We don't know 100% but the average difference between the ones who don't follow price changes at all and the ones who do is huge. You see it in many public/private leagues.

And about the people who just care for a couple of weeks/months and then stop playing, whatever FPL does they won't change them.

they want mor epeople to
    Admittedly but I'm not even sure that works.

I mean they want more people to play? Having all the price changes explained and transparent on the main site would not make casulas run away. I'd actually think it could well be the opposite. It could interest them more in the game.

It's already benefitting the "hardcore" anyway. We don't know 100% but the average difference between the ones who don't follow price changes at all and the ones who do is huge. You see it in many public/private leagues.

And about the people who just care for a couple of weeks/months and then stop playing, whatever FPL does they won't change them.

It may well make a few casuals into more hardcore players alright. The price tracking sites certainly do help the hardcore players alright I guess one way they could level the playing field is incorporate that into the FPL site so the information on changes is accurate and very easily available to everyone. I would love to hear from the heads of FPL for their reasoning behind certain things as some times it does seem a little baffling!

UP: Giroud, Terry & Puncheon

DOWN: Boyd, Carroll, Caulker, Bielik & Nenê

---

Boyd down. People have no values :rolleyes: :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

UP: Giroud, Terry & Puncheon

DOWN: Boyd, Carroll, Caulker, Bielik & Nenê

---

Boyd down. People have no values :rolleyes: :pac:...

puncheon up despite getting injured ........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

km79 wrote: »
    puncheon up despite getting injured ........

Happens every Sunday morning. People (like me this week) leave their weekly transfer till Saturday morning, which counts towards the following night transfers. Can look silly by 7pm Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Up - Costa, Ospina
    Down - Dorrans, Gardos, Gil, Cuadrado, Souaré

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Chances of Puncheon going down tonight & Mane rising?

honeybear wrote: »
    Chances of Puncheon going down tonight & Mane rising?

Mane 16.1%
    Punch -8.8%

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/

Chances are practically zero of either happening plenty of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

I know accuracy of sites seems to be all over the shop but is Rooney looking like a rise anytime soon.....thinking of biting the bullet and dropping Kun...could make or break my run in!

I know accuracy of sites seems to be all over the shop but is Rooney looking like a rise anytime soon.....thinking of biting the bullet and dropping Kun...could make or break my run in!

He is -31.5% would be the biggest shock of a rise ever! Should have a while until he is looking like a rise.

Costa went up at <80% yesterday so I think best to not let it look like getting too close with risers if price is an issue.

Up - Nobody
    Down - Defoe, Walters, Fer

Was Walters close to a drop ?

Just to make my GW worse he loses me a precious £0.1m :mad: :(...

Up - Henderson
    Down - Kranjcar, Dunne, Aly Cissokho, Cisse, Gabriel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

UP: Henderson

DOWN: Cissé, Dunne, Cissokho, Kranjcar, Gabriel

Hazard UP

Elia DOWN

• Advertisement

Up - Wilson
    Down - McManaman, Ings, King

Down: Walcott, Gilks, Puncheon, Gayle, Aguero, Walters, Bridcutt, Baird, Reid, Ideye, Gardos, Gil, Defoe, Cuadrado, Furlong

Up: Silva, Ki

Wow. 15 fallers and I don't like that Silva has gone up again as I still haven't got him in!! This might not end well!

G1032 wrote: »
    Wow. 15 fallers and I don't like that Silva has gone up again as I still haven't got him in!! This might not end well!

And Aguero down. What are people thinking?!

Defoe, Cuadrado, Gil and Ideye are names you almost expect to see in the red list every night now. :pac:

And Aguero down. What are people thinking?!

Defoe, Cuadrado, Gil and Ideye are names you almost expect to see in the red list every night now. :pac:

Some plummet by Defoe alright. It's worse than the ADM fall earlier in the season. Defoe dropped 0.2 each of the last 3 weeks I think

Walters lost me £0.2m in a couple of days now :mad:... Most useless transfer of the season :rolleyes:...

Walters lost me £0.2m in a couple of days now :mad:... Most useless transfer of the season :rolleyes:...

Not good alright.........!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

So says somebody who obviously hasn't had Defoe for the past 5 weeks or so, losing .7m in the process.:o

So says somebody who obviously hasn't had Defoe for the past 5 weeks or so, losing .7m in the process.:o
    Yeah but if you allow me you've been a little stubborn with Defoe :P...

While Walters is only there from the GW27 blank, did nothing during it and got injured afterwards. I've been trying to save every possible £0.1m here and there without taking many hits and he comes in and just loses me 2 £0.1m in 4 days :mad:. Anyway my mistake, should have favoured the DGW over the blank and get Cork for the season (since I had Lucas injured). Would have gained 4 pts, saved 1 FT and £0.2m. C'est la vie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Cue my super sub Defoe sinking your boys in the Fsa premier tie today when Sanchez is rested:cool:

Advertisement